The Contract League 2014 (MLBC) - SOLD OUT

KJ Duke

The Contract League 2014 (MLBC) - SOLD OUT

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 pm

I'll be running contract league #8 for 2014. I think we'll fill most spots with last season's owners (I'm giving last year's owners 24 hrs to respond) but will have at least a couple spots open to new entrants. This will be a slow draft, 30-rounds with FAAB hosted by the NFBC. We'll also run one "live bidding" FAAB period in chat for undrafted players shortly after the draft, and there will be a FAAB "luxury tax" on high draft slots since top picks in this format are more valuable than in a standard league.

The entry fee is $125 to STATS, plus a separate private pool entry based on the salary of acquired players. Players will cost $10 per one million in MLB salary. We'll keep the draft moving via text and finish in less than a week. If you're new to this league, PM me if interested.

Check blog for history, further details and player salaries ... http://mlbc10.blogspot.com/

MLBC VIII Slow Draft
Sunday, January 12, 12pm est

1. KJ Duke ♦
2. Glenn Lowy ♦
3. Matt Anderson ♦
4. Roger Martin & Doughboys ♦
5. David Anthony ♦
6. Bruce Pucci ♦
7. Alan Greenberg & Jeff Dobies ♦
8. Shawn Childs ♦
9. Dave Shovein ♦
10. Ted Cohan ♦
11. John Pausma & Gekko ♦
12. Ken Norred ♦
13. Bill Fearon ♦
14. Scott Fleming ♦
15. Paul Weber
16. Eric Albright
17. Bob Particelli

♦ returning owner

In the early years we did bidding for draft slots. However, because it's difficult to get everyone together ahead of time on short notice, last season we implemented a FAAB luxury tax for the top slots. This is easier to manage in that everyone can set KDS just like any other league and STATS can run the draft order normally.

The FAAB luxury tax this season will be for the top 7 slots as follows:
• 1 - $400 FAAB
• 2 - $200
• 3 - $100
• 4 - $80
• 5 - $60
• 6 - $40
• 7 - $20
• Draft slot FAAB does not count against team cost/payroll •
Last edited by KJ Duke on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 31 times in total.

Gekko

Re: The Contract League 2014 (MLBC)

Post by Gekko » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:19 pm

duke - if u ever get a non-FAAB league started, let me know

EA Sports

Post by EA Sports » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Count me in if a spot is available.

Thanks,

Eric Albright
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win" - Bobby Knight

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Gekko wrote:duke - if u ever get a non-FAAB league started, let me know
Ran one of those two years ago, no plans for this season but I'll let you know if that changes.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:57 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Ran one of those two years ago, no plans for this season but I'll let you know if that changes.
We're not looking for your kind in this league anyway Mark. We have enough tough players. We're looking for big spending guppies. Ummm, where's Massatto been anyway? :mrgreen:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:
We're not looking for your kind in this league anyway Mark. We have enough tough players. We're looking for big spending guppies. Ummm, where's Massatto been anyway? :mrgreen:
i'm just an avg guy trying to grind some profits each year :twisted:

this format sound interesting to me, but the faab aspect is a dealbreaker for me. i have my only faab league this year, right next to you in the super auction :lol:

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Gekko wrote:i'm just an avg guy trying to grind some profits each year :twisted:

this format sound interesting to me, but the faab aspect is a dealbreaker for me. i have my only faab league this year, right next to you in the super auction :lol:
Spend enough cash on drafted players like Fleming usually does and you won't even need FAAB. :lol:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Gekko wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:
i'm just an avg guy trying to grind some profits each year :twisted:

My spot in that Super Auction league may not actually be mine. Supposedly Jay Bufis had put his name in the ring before me. Tom's supposed to let me know by tomorrow if I actually have the spot or not.

But if I do..... looking forward to the challenge. :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:11 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Gekko wrote:i'm just an avg guy trying to grind some profits each year :twisted:

Spend enough cash on drafted players like Fleming usually does and you won't even need FAAB. :lol:
Where is Fleming's name on this list anyway? Is he trying to save money figuring he's already down $10K considering his Massatto partnership in the Platinum? :?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Last edited by KJ Duke on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Player salaries are posted here ► http://mlbc10.blogspot.com/

Round 1 player cost based on ADP ...
$5 - Mike Trout
$220 - Miguel Cabrera
$11 - Paul Goldschmidt
$75 - Andrew McCutchen
$110 - Clayton Kershaw
$33 - Chris Davis
$240 - Robinson Cano
$160 - Hanley Ramirez
$133 - Adam Jones
$109 - Carlos Gonzalez
$110 - Ryan Braun
$160 - Troy Tulowitzki
$211 - Jacoby Ellsbury
$120 - Joey Votto
$22 - Bryce Harper

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Already looking like one of the best chat rooms of the year. 8-)

Looks like we could have 2-3 more spots available to newcomers, will know by tomorrow morning.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:35 pm

So if Roger and Dan are pooling their talents (and dollars), can we expect a team that will compete for the title? :D

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 pm

BK METS wrote:So if Roger and Dan are pooling their talents (and dollars), can we expect a team that will compete for the title? :D
When pooling all of our monetary sources, Roger and I may be raised to caddy class, while you guys are in the country club.

Getting Mike Trout for 400 faab dollars ,seems like a bargain!
I think those teams that kds and want that first pick should have to pay that money to teams 8-15....
Either in faab or real money, we don't care :lol:
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Re: The Contract League 2014 (MLBC) SOLD OUT

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:51 am

SOLD OUT in 19 hours! Well, it turns out 14 of 15 returned, and 2 of them brought big partners along with them - so Doughboys and Gekko join the fray - along with first responder Paul Weber. For those on the list, please register on the site TODAY and set your KDS. Let's shoot for having the draft order no later than Thursday or Friday!

KJ Duke

Re: The Contract League 2014 (MLBC) - SOLD OUT

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Real quiet all of a sudden. Everyone studying hard over player salaries. :|

If anyone in the league (primary owner) hasn't yet registered, please get that done tonight!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 pm

loos like there is a new team ready to start a dynasty

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:36 am

Just get me the information. I don't care where, or how you get it.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:44 am

The competition in this league is ridiculous. I am truly honored to be part of this group. I just finished my rankings of high school prospects. When can we run kds and get started? 8-)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 am

BK METS wrote:The competition in this league is ridiculous. I am truly honored to be part of this group. I just finished my rankings of high school prospects. When can we run kds and get started? 8-)
LOL Alan. Leave the high school prospects to the MOY drafters. We all know you're the Steinbrenner of this group.

Agreed though, crazy competition in this league. Still worth the price of admission as this draft is always as fun as it gets and the pair of added "partnerships" should just add to the fun. :)

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:59 am

Glenneration X wrote:
BK METS wrote:The competition in this league is ridiculous. I am truly honored to be part of this group. I just finished my rankings of high school prospects. When can we run kds and get started? 8-)
LOL Alan. Leave the high school prospects to the MOY drafters. We all know you're the Steinbrenner of this group.

Agreed though, crazy competition in this league. Still worth the price of admission as this draft is always as fun as it gets and the pair of added "partnerships" should just add to the fun. :)
Actually I don't think I have ever been the biggest spender in any specific league. Plus you might see a different approach this year. :o

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:02 am

BK METS wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:

Actually I don't think I have ever been the biggest spender in any specific league. Plus you might see a different approach this year. :o
Are you going against me for MOY this year Alan?

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:04 am

I guess we will see in a few days...

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:26 am

BK METS wrote:I guess we will see in a few days...
OK then, I will predict here the strategies of this year's participants. Like you said Alan, we'll see in a few days if I'm right or wrong..... :mrgreen:

1. KJ Duke ♦ Top 3 spender.
2. Glenn Lowy ♦ Will challenge Doughy/Roger for least spent.
3. Matt Anderson ♦ Top 4 spender.
4. Roger Martin & Doughboys ♦ Maya will be their highest salary purchase.
5. David Anthony ♦ MOY challenger despite his brother's efforts.
6. Bruce Pucci ♦ Considering he almost pulled off the impossible by cashing after playing the middle, will try to do so again.
7. Alan Greenberg ♦ I see past his obvious MOY facade. Top 2 spender.
8. Shawn Childs ♦ He and Dave Shovein will try to outthink each other for most original MOY punting strategy.
9. Dave Shovein ♦ See above.
10. Ted Cohan ♦ Top 6 spender.
11. John Pausma & Gekko ♦ Thinking it's an auction, Gekko will try to outbid us for Trout.
12. Ken Norred ♦ Will shift from last year's MOY strategy after cashing the check for winning the Main Event overall to top 5 spender.
13. Bill Fearon ♦ MOY challenger.
14. Scott Fleming ♦ Will spend like a drunken sailor with Massatto on shore leave. This year's biggest spender.
15. Paul Weber As the newbie, will panic and shift gears from MOY challenger to spender mid-stream and will join Pucci in the middle of the road.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:04 am

I like to go big, good thing I have a partner with a bigger wallet than me! Go hard or go home

Actually, I'd prefer an actual biding process in real dollars for the first draft slot. Trout is worth more than $400 Faab. And to make it come down to luck of draw for getting him seems wrong.