Plans for the 1st Annual Super Auction in NYC

BK METS

Plans for the 1st Annual Super Auction in NYC

Post by BK METS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:43 am

I had hinted before that there will be some cool stuff for those who are participating in the 1st Annual Super Auction in New York, and I just wanted to let everyone know, who is participating, it is coming together. :D

There will be a 1st Annual Super Auction trophy and I am organizing a few other cool things, which I have been given permission for. Should be a great time!

ALL-IN JD

Re: Plans for the 1st Annual Super Auction in NYC

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:46 am

Met hats for all the participants?

A "Just say no to drugs" speech by Strawberry and Gooden?

A "How to run a baseball team into the ground" seminar by Jeff Wilpon?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:07 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:Met hats for all the participants?

To continue with the NY flare -

We have invited every NY Yankee that was on the world series team of 2000 that wasn't on steroids.. Unfortunately Derek Jeter won't be able to join us :lol:

Brock

Post by Brock » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:57 am

Sounds good Alan. Should be a great time and thanks for putting this together. See u guys soon.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:15 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:Met hats for all the participants?

come on alan, that was pretty funny.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:26 am

Met fans don't have much of a sense of humor, although they should!! :D :D

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:23 pm

This should be interesting!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:13 pm

I'll be there.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I'll be there.
Yes you will Tom, but the real question is, which group of guys will you be going out with on Friday night after the auction, the guys from the Super Auction or the guys from the MTM ? :D :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:59 pm

BK METS wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:I'll be there.
Yes you will Tom, but the real question is, which group of guys will you be going out with on Friday night after the auction, the guys from the Super Auction or the guys from the MTM ? :D :D
Alan, I can unequivocally state that I would bet the farm that you will have company after the Super Auction that night. ;)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm sure whatever you have planned Alan will be a blast, as will whatever Mikey has up his sleeve as well. But why do we have to break into groups? I have a thought. :!:

What say we combine the after-parties between the Auction & the MtM? :mrgreen: Of course with such a festive all night occasion, there's always the chance some or all of you end up so trashed that you oversleep or show up hung over for the Main & Primetime the next day. Still, that's the price we should be willing to pay for friendship and camaraderie.

In the spirit of this moment, I'll offer my services and selflessly volunteer to be the designated teetotaler for the night and look after everyone so that the rest of you can all feel free to get as wrecked as necessary. With me on watch, feel safe to drink yourselves into an oblivion that may take days to recover (or at least one). :mrgreen:
I'm good that way. ;)

Brock

Post by Brock » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Great idea to combine the two parties after the draft. I'm willing to show up to the main with a hangover in the spirit of friendship…why not. Looking forward to hearing more about the festivities.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Glenneration X wrote:I'm sure whatever you have planned Alan will be a blast, as will whatever Mikey has up his sleeve as well. But why do we have to break into groups? I have a thought. :!:

What say we combine the after-parties between the Auction & the MtM? :mrgreen: Of course with such a festive all night occasion, there's always the chance some or all of you end up so trashed that you oversleep or show up hung over for the Main & Primetime the next day. Still, that's the price we should be willing to pay for friendship and camaraderie.

In the spirit of this moment, I'll offer my services and selflessly volunteer to be the designated teetotaler for the night and look after everyone so that the rest of you can all feel free to get as wrecked as necessary. With me on watch, feel safe to drink yourselves into an oblivion that may take days to recover (or at least one). :mrgreen:
I'm good that way. ;)
I had made the suggestion to Mike, in our draft room, over the weekend, to combine our groups and go out... he didn't appear too keen on the idea, saying the MTM is an exclusive group... Maybe you can convince him. I thought it was a great idea too, since both the auction and the MTM draft should be ending around the same time, with the auction starting earlier, but probably lasts a little longer. Maybe we all go over to Ruth's Chris for some steak and drinks. Its right around the corner, a few blocks away....
Last edited by BK METS on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brock

Post by Brock » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 pm

There's some pretty darn good players in our auction as well Alan. If he's that conceited thinking his MTM is that exclusive I say him. We will and can have a great time with or without him. Getting all the guys together in the spirit of friendship sounds like a great idea to me. Which ever way it plays out I'm sure we'll have fun.

DJMDJM

Post by DJMDJM » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:20 pm

I will be a participant in the super auction. I would estimate at least 5 hours to complete the draft. That makes it 10 pm at the earliest. And we're all at the hilton. Review the draft board and other minor delays will make it close to 11. We also will be having some sort of food at the draft. It seems late night cocktails might be the best idea. Arriving at a restaurant that late? I say eat in the draft room and drink up afterwards.

Thanks and just a few thoughts.

Dan

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:42 pm

I am open for whatever suggestions.. I don't think the auction will take 5 hours. It was about 4 hours last year, or even a little less. Will be fun either way.. Any thoughts on an after party from anyone else?

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:49 pm

15 team auctions are going to take 5 hours..at least......definitely not 4.......I am game with the drinks thing.......or find a place with appetizers and drinks.......something like that.....I wont be wanting to eat a heavy meal that late.......there is an irish bar around the corner from the Hilton that Mike A/Tom told me about once...I like it..food is good...beer is awesome...you could probably reserve a few tables....their kitchen is open late.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Yeah I always tell people to prepare for at least 5 hours for a 15-team baseball auction. There are some nice places nearby. There's a restaurant right across the street from the hotel too but there are some good Irish Pubs within walking distance as well. The hotel bar is decent.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:06 pm

BK METS wrote:I am open for whatever suggestions.. I don't think the auction will take 5 hours. It was about 4 hours last year, or even a little less. Will be fun either way.. Any thoughts on an after party from anyone else?
Maybe I was thinking football for the 4 hour auction.. I lose track... :D

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:38 am

Last year I did both events and made it to MTM in round 23 after the auction was over. Being that the start times are the same as they were, I would guess the auction will again be done first. Steaks at midnight worked well last year. Hotel Penn, not so much. :evil:

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:04 am

Drinks and food after the draft sound like a plan. Plus Jello - Shot for Glenn

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:04 am

Unfortunately my partner and I will be unable to attend an afterparty. Sounds like a good time though

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Just an update, as I have received all of the auction surprises in the mail, including something for every owner, related to their favorite team (except Mark, who hasn't told me what his favorite team is, so he just gets what I give him ;) ), and I have also received THREE special "during auction" prizes. I have ordered the winner's trophy and it should be here to show off, for during the auction.

Appears as if Mikey has given in to the pressure and has opened up his MTM group to party with us after the auction. From the responses I received, there should be 12 of us and Tom, joining the MTM group, for some drinks and possibly food, after the auction.

Going to be a fun night and LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!!

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:21 pm

That is HUGE news, the great, big hearted, humble, quiet, Mike the Mouth, ALLOWED us to hang out with his group!! Today, I feel like the luckiest man alive!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:40 pm

As much as I'm looking forward to the after party festivities (and trust me I can taste that steak now), it's not only an after party in my mind but an after thought as well. The reason isn't because it won't be a blast of a good time and Alan I do appreciate all you're doing to make sure it is one.

The problem is that it's hard for me to think past the Super Auction itself as that will be an event all its own, in fact THE EVENT of the first weekend (no matter what my good friend MtM might claim ;) ). For me personally, this auction will easily be the highlight of my New York weekend, as well as one of the events I most look forward to the entire draft season.

What makes it so compelling besides even the great format, the high stakes, or the big city setting is the insane competition. Among a roster of a dozen other experienced and accomplished auction drafters in their own right is last year's Overall Auction Championship winner and both Ultimate Auction champions (though one might have had more than a bit of dumb luck :? ).

Seriously though, what other draft or Auction brings accomplishments like that to the same table for a specific format that were both so rewarding and recent. This Auction will be a tremendous challenge and one that brings to me tremendous concern on my ability to perform against such brutal competition.

Still, I love a great challenge, and I love a great steak. It should be a great night. I cannot wait.
Last edited by Glenneration X on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.