Unique Mock Draft Opportunity

Baseball Furies

Unique Mock Draft Opportunity

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:40 am

One week from today, Sunday, March 16th at 7:00 p.m. EST, I have worked on and got the buy in on a mock draft to be hosted on line on Real Time Sports in conjunction with Sirius XM and the RotoExperts Show. The entire concept of the draft is to compare and contrast the strategy and results of a draft featuring 15 of the best of us in comparison to a recent draft of 15 of the industry "experts" in a standard, NFBC rules,mixed league, 15-team, 30 rd, Main Event format.These results will be posted, discussed, and debated on the air throughout the following week on the radio by various hosts who will not only be interviewing me, but also as many of you who wish to participate in the dialogue to discuss this draft and your respective teams, and debate them versus the "experts" and their strategies and how they drafted as well. So we need to represent and show the industry "experts" how it's done, and who the true experts really are! 8-)

Since they left this entirely up to me to choose the participants for this league from among our ranks, here's how it's going to work:

Over the next week, until Friday the 14th at 5:00 pm EST, anyone who is interested in being considered to be a part of this draft may post your full name on this thread, and I will choose the 14 other participants in conjunction with Corey Parsons, one of the producers of the RotoExperts Show. Corey has told me he has some ideas for some of the NFBC personalities he would like to recruit or have be recruited by me for this draft, so no hard feelings if you don't get asked to be a part of this. It's nothing personal. I may be reaching out to some of you personally as well over the next few days who I would like to have take part in this NFBC Expert Players Mock Draft.

So let's have some fun with this and make our presence known with authority! 8-) Post any questions that you may on this thread, and let's get those names coming!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Likewhat17

Re: Unique Mock Draft Opportunity

Post by Likewhat17 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:18 am

I'll gladly participate if you'll have me.

Thanks!

-Dave Shovein

jaked2782

Post by jaked2782 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:26 am

I would like to add my name to your list of possible candidates, thanks for your consideration.

Jake Lesandrini

WSpencer

Post by WSpencer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:45 am

The 3 stooges - Team Moneyball is interested Mike
William Spencer
Joseph Martino
Paul Roberts
Will Spencer
Team Moneyball with Joe Martino and Paul Roberts

Sack

Post by Sack » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:10 am

MTM:

Selection Sunday, not bad Mouth. I'll be locked away in Florida with Team Sack - but I think
We can find the time to add to your Mock Draft. Happy to school you BEFORE the MTM Super and still
feel I'll be able to kick your Arse the following Friday night in the Big City.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 am

I nominate Steve Jupinka to talk about his strategy, cheat sheets, sleepers and KDS preferences and why! He is usually an open book so I think it would great for him to share with the masses!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:14 am

Baseball Furies wrote:draft featuring 15 of the best of us
...guess that leaves me out.

Best of luck, guys.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:39 am

Deadheadz wrote:

Best of luck, guys.

I think what he meant by that was telling everyone how great at drafting you are but not having to actually be any good at it, so I think you might still be able to qualify. :lol:

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:42 am

Ken,

I might actually take Deadheadz straight up against the Mouth!! :D :D :D :D

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:51 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:Ken,

It could be close but MTM still got the edge and probably a little more actual game too. :)

Asumijet

Post by Asumijet » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:58 am

Mike,
I would enjoy the opportunity to participate in the event and discuss the results over the following week! Thanks for organizing the unique event!
Neal Moses

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:19 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:Ken,

I'm not sure I've ever seen the word "straight" in reference to MTM.
Ooops. This isn't my thread. Sorry.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:12 am

Deadheadz wrote:

Best of luck, guys.
Yes it does. :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:14 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:I nominate Steve Jupinka to talk about his strategy, cheat sheets, sleepers and KDS preferences and why! He is usually an open book so I think it would great for him to share with the masses!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I expect you to avail yourself of your services that night especially since the only thing you can win is auctions, so this might be good practice for you, Dobies. :P :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:15 am

Bama wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:

Best of luck, guys.

I think what he meant by that was telling everyone how great at drafting you are but not having to actually be any good at it, so I think you might still be able to qualify. :lol:
Nope, Ken. He still doesn't. ;)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:17 am

Sack wrote:MTM:

Selection Sunday, not bad Mouth. I'll be locked away in Florida with Team Sack - but I think
We can find the time to add to your Mock Draft. Happy to school you BEFORE the MTM Super and still
feel I'll be able to kick your Arse the following Friday night in the Big City.
You will be given serious consideration for this, my friend. Thanks for the lesson in advance. ;)

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:19 am

Great idea Mike and very timely. Should be a great success. 8-)
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 am

Edwards Kings wrote:Great idea Mike and very timely. Should be a great success. 8-)
Especially with the likes of you joining us for the evening, Wayne. :D Should I add you to the short list of finalists? ;)

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:57 am

If you want me to put my name in the hat, that would be great and thank you for asking. Though I am not one of the best. Only one of the most persistent! :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:31 pm

I don't have anything going race-wise that weekend, MTM. Not sure I have the chops. I'm overrated
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:24 pm

MadCow Sez wrote:I don't have anything going race-wise that weekend, MTM. Not sure I have the chops. I'm overrated
I do believe an overall Main Event Title qualifies you just a bit, Dan. :mrgreen: We're off to a good start, so let's keep them coming! Where are all the big boys at for this one so that we can show the supposed experts who the true experts really are? ;)

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:15 am

Mikey , Are you playing this league out or just drafting a team?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:09 am

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Mikey , Are you playing this league out or just drafting a team?
Nope. Just a mock. Not playing it out, Roy.

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:55 pm

MTM:

Just realized we are registered for an OL Championship on this night Mike,
so please remove us from consideration. Thanks - see you in NYC

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:22 pm

People still do mock drafts? How cute. I long for the days when ADP was determined by Mock Draft Central and people actually gave that relevance. Compltely different animal when no skin in the game.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci