Signs point to Dee Gordon leading off, starting at second

Yah Mule

Re: Signs point to Dee Gordon leading off, starting at secon

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Red Sox Nation- wrote:This just in......Justin Turner will bat second and start at 2B.

Dee Gordon...........$1 crickets.....................
Wow!
More than the Gekko-driven Gordon hype, just how much does this say about how the Dodgers feel about Guerrero?
What this all comes down to is Don Mattingly has to feel like he's in charge sometimes. This is the same genius who inserted Javy Guerra and Brandon League in at closer over Kenley Jansen the last two years. Guerrero hasn't made any errors @ second base and he's going to be just fine over there. When Dee is getting the bat knocked out of his hands as per usual, Guerrero will eventually get his chance and he'll hit more homers than any NL second baseman this side of San Diego.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Justin Turner :lol: :lol: :lol:

BEF

Post by BEF » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

Edwards Kings wrote:November 28, 1938 - Ye Olde RotoWorld

"Yesterday Monty Stratton, SP Chicago White Sox, was hunting rabbits on his family farm when he fell, accidentally discharging a holstered pistol. The bullet struck his right leg, damaging a main artery enough to require an amputation to be scheduled today."

November 29, 1938

"This is even better news. His possibility for hamstring injuries has just been halved!"

Gordon Gekko (looks good for his age, don't he?)

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen. Still laughing 10 minutes later. Bravo!
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Yah Mule wrote: What this all comes down to is Don Mattingly has to feel like he's in charge sometimes. This is the same genius who inserted Javy Guerra and Brandon League in at closer over Kenley Jansen the last two years. Guerrero hasn't made any errors @ second base and he's going to be just fine over there. When Dee is getting the bat knocked out of his hands as per usual, Guerrero will eventually get his chance and he'll hit more homers than any NL second baseman this side of San Diego.
Donnie frustrated this KJ owner too, but League made too much $ NOT to be given the 1st shot to GET THE SAVES (as the Wiseguy puts it 8-) ) Guerra on the other hand :roll:

I'm no expert on Cuban ballplayers, but unless Alex Guerrero is the 2nd coming of Pedro, Gyorko won't be the only 2B in his divison (let alone entire NL) who out homers him. A short trip East on I-10 and you will find another, and even further East, you will find the best 2B in the NL.
CHASE.jpg
Chase!
CHASE.jpg (109.54 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
Always be closing.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 pm

rockitsauce wrote:
Yah Mule wrote: What this all comes down to is Don Mattingly has to feel like he's in charge sometimes. This is the same genius who inserted Javy Guerra and Brandon League in at closer over Kenley Jansen the last two years. Guerrero hasn't made any errors @ second base and he's going to be just fine over there. When Dee is getting the bat knocked out of his hands as per usual, Guerrero will eventually get his chance and he'll hit more homers than any NL second baseman this side of San Diego.
Donnie frustrated this KJ owner too, but League made too much $ NOT to be given the 1st shot to GET THE SAVES (as the Wiseguy puts it 8-) ) Guerra on the other hand :roll:

I'm no expert on Cuban ballplayers, but unless Alex Guerrero is the 2nd coming of Pedro, Gyorko won't be the only 2B in his divison (let alone entire NL) who out homers him. A short trip East on I-10 and you will find another, and even further East, you will find the best 2B in the NL.
CHASE.jpg
Hill was an omission on my part for sure. I hope Chase has a great year, too.

I like what I've seen of Guerrero. He showed power and plate discipline in Cuba. A scout I respect said he had a long swing, but maybe he made some adjustments, because I've seen a nice compact swing from him this spring. So, maybe that's a sign that he's coachable, which makes me think the 2B transition will be successful.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:11 am

Gekko wrote:Signs point to Dee Gordon leading off, starting at second

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... la&c_id=la

Don Mattingly hasn't officially announced his starting lineup for the first game of the Opening Series, but the one he put on the field for Thursday's exhibition game against Team Australia will probably be repeated when the Dodgers face the D-backs on Saturday night at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Dee Gordon led off and played second base, a job he apparently won with a more impressive transition from shortstop than Cuban signee Alex Guerrero.

Folks, let's not kid ourselves here. Dee has an amazing 9 stolen bases in only 42 spring at bats. {Billy Hamilton has 9sb in 36 at bats}. Pretty close; however the KEY distinction is Dee Gordon is eligible at SS (and soon to be 2B).

Imagine 75+ sb out of SS. So much for getting him on the cheap tomorrow. Vegas has a morning line of $20+ in auctions and as early as 4th round in standard drafts. The SS eligibility separates him from Hamilton IMO.

They must have given Dee Gordon the day off to rest, right Mark?
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:54 am

Career high is 17 RBI's in a season.
I'd rather draft one of these guys instead:

Sid Gordon
http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... si01.shtml

Joe Gordon
http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... jo01.shtml

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Dee's having a good game, but Adrian Gonzalez has more stolen bases (courtesy of a botched hit and run) tonight.

Mudster

Post by Mudster » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:14 am

just saying.....

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:56 am

I'm actually happy to admit I was wrong about Gordon. I know it has only been 80 AB's, but Dee looks like a completely different hitter this year. He gained weight during the off season and I think he's a lot stronger now.

Alexander Guerrero is looking good down in Albuquerque, too: .350/.447/.675. Pretty nice even for the PCL.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sat May 10, 2014 6:23 pm

As a Dee Gordon skeptic (only have him on my one satellite team), I figured I'd bump this thread to the top and just admit I was flat out wrong. Stole another three bases today and continues to hit for a high average. Damn, did not see this level of performance coming. He's probably already locked-in a "profit" for anyone grabbing him late in the early DC drafts.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun May 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:As a Dee Gordon skeptic (only have him on my one satellite team), I figured I'd bump this thread to the top and just admit I was flat out wrong. Stole another three bases today and continues to hit for a high average. Damn, did not see this level of performance coming. He's probably already locked-in a "profit" for anyone grabbing him late in the early DC drafts.

Mike

You weren't the only one that was wrong. I'd include myself and and a couple of others ;)
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Dee is batting .179 over his last 19 games. The unkillable Chone Figgins is in the lineup for him tonight.

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:08 am

Gordon is lucky Guerrero is out. I think his fast start bought him some extra time, but the switch is inevitable , just a question of when...
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 am

Gordon has already paid off, for where he was drafted. Even if he loses his job, it was still a great pick. I have him nowhere and can only hope that Billy Hamilton matches Dee's steals numbers, at a much higher price. Nice job Mark.