SiriusXM To Broadcast NFBC Platinum On March 29

Greg Ambrosius

SiriusXM To Broadcast NFBC Platinum On March 29

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:57 am

We are proud and happy to report today that our debut NFBC Platinum League on Saturday, March 29th will be broadcast live on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio. They will do a one-hour preview show live from the Bellagio starting at 8 pm ET that will include interviews with the participants and then air from 9 pm ET to midnight. That should take us through the first 20 or so rounds. Hosts will be Chris Liss and Jeff Erickson from Rotowire.com.

We will pick draft spots for this league at our Thursday Night Viewing Party at the Bellagio. Look for an email update this week on that and more.

We're excited to have SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio with the NFBC this year. This should be a fantastic draft to air to thousands of die-hard fantasy players. More details to come this week, but I wanted to get this news out there as soon as possible. Thanks all and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Re: SiriusXM To Broadcast NFBC Platinum On March 29

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:32 am

Greg, is there going to be room for a limited peanut gallery?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Daveclum

Post by Daveclum » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:Greg, is there going to be room for a limited peanut gallery?
Ditto

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:Greg, is there going to be room for a limited peanut gallery?
Unfortunately, there is no plan for a peanut gallery for this league. This is a private league like all others and one with a lot of money riding on it. We will not have spectators for this one. Sorry.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:04 am

Gotcha. Private league needs its privacy...like a live radio broadcast. It's cool. Just thought I would ask. 8-) :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:35 am

All the bleeps you will hear during the broadcast will be the player names (for privacy reasons) not comments by foul-mouthed team owners. :mrgreen:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:41 am

Deadheadz wrote:All the bleeps you will hear during the broadcast will be the player names (for privacy reasons) not comments by foul-mouthed team owners. :mrgreen:
No. Greg is right. I was just teasing. These guys (and I do not even like most of them ;) ) paid big bucks and the radio team will be enough of a distraction. They do not need a bunch of us potentially cat-calling and razzing from the cheap seats. If this goes over, this could morph into more of a spectator/gallery type of arrangement a-la poker tourneys, but that is for the future.

Good luck.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:09 am

The radio hosts will be in a separate room watching the picks in real-time on a computer to comment on the picks. They won't be in the room with our paying customers. We will have one other reporter in the room to let them know the next pick is coming and Brady might be miked up with microphones on the tables to pick up the owners' comments, but nothing can get in the way of our paying customers having all the space and attention they deserve at $20,000 per team. We're not interviewing them during the draft or anything like that. And we can't have spectators for obvious reasons, but one reason being that this will be in a private room with walls up and limited space for everything.

We hope to make our owners celebrities in the industry and they will have time to speak to the hosts beforehand. We also need to make the online draft board accessible to the public so that they can follow the draft and put strategies with names. I think the public will get to know these 15 owners through this league and we'll make it part of our weekly radio show going forward. As you said, if this goes over well it will be an annual broadcast for the network and in time something that could be done for TV. We are taking incremental steps each year with all of this and this is the next progression on where we want to be and where we think we'll eventually be here. It's been good progress for 11 years, but the best is yet to come.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:56 am

Greg, feel free to mic me up for the draft. I'm sure my commentary throughout will be greatly insightful and appreciated by our radio audience. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 am

Sirus XM or nothing? I'll go with nothing. Like my life hangs on the picks of morons willing to blow $10,000. For nothing more than Attention. I'm already regretting coming to Las Vegas to see these Morons! Thank God for the sane people that still compete for fun.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:41 am

Walla Walla wrote:Sirus XM or nothing? I'll go with nothing. Like my life hangs on the picks of morons willing to blow $10,000. For nothing more than Attention. I'm already regretting coming to Las Vegas to see these Morons! Thank God for the sane people that still compete for fun.
says the moron who posts negativity for attention. the irony is beautiful

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:59 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
Walla Walla wrote:Sirus XM or nothing? I'll go with nothing. Like my life hangs on the picks of morons willing to blow $10,000. For nothing more than Attention. I'm already regretting coming to Las Vegas to see these Morons! Thank God for the sane people that still compete for fun.
says the moron who posts negativity for attention. the irony is beautiful
Is there a button somewhere to "like" this post? :D Someone please introduce me to this jackass out in Vegas. Us morons love meeting jackasses. :twisted:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Mikey, im with you! A total Ass Clown!!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:47 pm

If my post gets under your skin than your really in trouble in a draft with so much at stake. You better focus on your draft not me. :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Walla Walla wrote: Sirus XM or nothing? I'll go with nothing.
Duly noted
Walla Walla wrote: Like my life hangs on the picks of morons willing to blow $10,000.
Entry fee is $20,000.
Walla Walla wrote: For nothing more than Attention.
Not sure about the other owners, but I'm playing for 1st place and $200,000.
Walla Walla wrote: I'm already regretting coming to Las Vegas to see these Morons!
I'm sure you'll find other ways to fill your time on Saturday evening. In addition, that's the second time you referred to Platinum League participants as "morons" -- just curious where the Moron Line begins. Main Event? Super? Ultimate? Diamond?
Walla Walla wrote: Thank God for the sane people that still compete for fun.
Just think of all the fun that $200,000 can buy! 8-)

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Too bad you'll never know! Your right 20,000 my mistake. I'd say anything beyond the main event is just showboating!
Greg loves it though. Can't blame him.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm

You know Walla Walla is right. I too ache for the old days. 1 dollar entry. 1 entry per person. Winner gets a Yoohoo shower. If I/we win Particelli can keep the $, I just want the Yoohoo
Attachments
coryschwartzyoohoo.jpg
coryschwartzyoohoo.jpg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 6010 times

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:57 pm

sounds a little like jealousy that you can not be there

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Greg, feel free to mic me up for the draft. I'm sure my commentary throughout will be greatly insightful and appreciated by our radio audience. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I would tune in for this.

A mandatory shot of tequila after each round would make this fantastic radio play. You could even hire Walla Walla as bus boy so that he isn't so bitter about being left out.

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Quahogs wrote:You know Walla Walla is right. I too ache for the old days. 1 dollar entry. 1 entry per person. Winner gets a Yoohoo shower. If I/we win Particelli can keep the $, I just want the Yoohoo
Now I'm no lawyer Steve, but your partner is :o this comment may somehow be legally binding....I hope you REALLY like Yoo Hoo :lol:
Always be closing.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Baseball Furies wrote: Is there a button somewhere to "like" this post? :D Someone please introduce me to this jackass out in Vegas. Us morons love meeting jackasses. :twisted:
ALL-IN JD wrote:Mikey, im with you! A total Ass Clown!!

Get a room you two!
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Nothing like "The Human Buzzkill" to bring another interesting and fun thread to a grinding halt. :roll: :oops:

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Nothing like "The Human Buzzkill" to bring another interesting and fun thread to a grinding halt. :roll: :oops:
I think he feels like he needs to be a part of every thread on the boards.... It's really just better to ignore him.... and be excited for a great weekend in Vegas!!! :D :D

See you this weekend my friend!

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Nothing like "The Human Buzzkill" to bring another interesting and fun thread to a grinding halt. :roll: :oops:
You can dish it out but you can't take it?
Figures.

BK METS wrote:I think he feels like he needs to be a part of every thread on the boards.... It's really just better to ignore him.... and be excited for a great weekend in Vegas!!! :D :D
Now THAT'S using your head. Good luck Alan.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:41 pm

BK METS wrote:
I think he feels like he needs to be a part of every thread on the boards.... It's really just better to ignore him.... and be excited for a great weekend in Vegas!!! :D :D

See you this weekend my friend!
Looking forward to it, Alan. Great hanging out with you in NYC. Figures that of all people I end up having you next to me on the turn in this shark tank of a league. :roll: :lol: