The Latest FAAB Update On Improvements

Greg Ambrosius

The Latest FAAB Update On Improvements

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:08 am

Is there a FAAB update on the newest technology? Greg never updates us on this!! ;)

Okay, here it is and we have been working hard on all of the recommended changes you've requested. Kudos to our members for the precise requests and kudos to Glenn Lowy for spelling it all out perfectly for us. We used that list and worked hard to make this better for you, with the goal to save you time every week. We definitely know how many hours are put into Sunday nights and we want to eliminate some of that for you.

We have a much improved product for you, but rather than unveiling it this week we want to do final testing ourselves to make sure everything works right. So as you can tell on your team pages, the old FAAB setup is there this week. We are asking everyone to use that this week before we run FAAB on Sunday. We want to be sure of these new changes, so let's do it this way for this week. The IT department will make a call on changing this before Week 2 or not, but we are definitely close to what we all want and will have this new FAAB system up and running very shortly.

Here are some of the changes that you'll see with the new FAAB system:

** The ability to move a conditional bid to replace primary bid with one action.

** The ability to drag and drop bids within a bid group (up and down)

** Faster service so that there are no "loading" screens while page updates

** Player lists side by side with placed bids

** Search function, bid button to the left of the player

We're working on these functions and a few more. Those are coming, but just not this week. Work through this week's bids and very soon everything above will be there for you via FAAB. Thanks all and good luck in all of your upcoming drafts.

That is your daily FAAB update!!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Re: The Latest FAAB Update On Improvements

Post by Quahogs » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:18 am

So are we getting close enough now to get an hourly update ? :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:20 am

Quahogs wrote:So are we getting close enough now to get an hourly update ? :D
Oh boy, you did spend too much time with Lowy this weekend!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:31 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote: ** The ability to drag and drop bids within a bid group (up and down)
Do you mean drag and drop is an option or a requirement? If it's the only way to prioritize bids, any tablet or other touch screen device is out.

Also, are there any changes or updates to the mobile apps in terms of FAAB?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Bigperl

Post by Bigperl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:41 pm

When will the FAAB bidding pages be activated? Mine are not and show the free agent rankings for tracking purposes but no "Place Bid", etc.

ReedBTLines

Post by ReedBTLines » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Bigperl wrote:When will the FAAB bidding pages be activated? Mine are not and show the free agent rankings for tracking purposes but no "Place Bid", etc.
Same here. I put a bid in before Sunday and now it's locked. Hopefully that will change. I'd like to edit or delete it.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:23 pm

For those of us not so active on the message board these days, can you point us to one place where any new rules are easily explained? Also, there is a FAAB period next week for all teams, even the Saturday, March 29th teams? Is there a new FAAB deadline time?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Nice.

Please make sure the ability to "copy" bids remains. Hopefully, this most essential and basic function remains and does not get lost amongst the new bells and whistles. As much as everyone complains about the FAAB, even the old FAAB was far superior to many other FAAB systems out there including ESPN, CBS, etc where you had to manually enter EVERY new bid. I can deal with moving players up and down, but to have to re-submit every new player is PAINFUL.

MUST HAVE COPY BID CAPABILITY. PLEASE.

Looking forward to new system.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Bigperl wrote:When will the FAAB bidding pages be activated? Mine are not and show the free agent rankings for tracking purposes but no "Place Bid", etc.
It's live now and I see you have several bids in Marc. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:09 pm

bjoak wrote:For those of us not so active on the message board these days, can you point us to one place where any new rules are easily explained? Also, there is a FAAB period next week for all teams, even the Saturday, March 29th teams? Is there a new FAAB deadline time?
The changes are subtle Brian:

** Sunday FAAB is now at 10 pm ET, back two hours from 8 pm ET

** Setting starting lineups now allow you to hold off for some players who don't play on Monday until 5 minutes before their game on Tuesday. Those players don't lock until Tuesday.

Am I missing anything else? I don't think so. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:59 pm

bjoak wrote:For those of us not so active on the message board these days, can you point us to one place where any new rules are easily explained? Also, there is a FAAB period next week for all teams, even the Saturday, March 29th teams? Is there a new FAAB deadline time?
Cunningly hidden in the secret section called 'rules' to throw people off the scent. They even put NEW FOR 2014 just to make it a bit more secretive.

Always amazes me that people are willing to spend $$$$ without bothering to read the rules.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Greg, any chance we can get a FAAB update one of these days?? :?

:mrgreen:

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Glenn, give my regards to Sack this weekend, will you? :shock: :shock:
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Greg, any chance we can get a FAAB update one of these days?? :?

Have you heard anything, Glenn?
I think he should entitle a thread, 'Re: The Latest FAAB Update On Improvements', just to let us know what is up.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Lunatic wrote:Glenn, give my regards to Sack this weekend, will you? :shock: :shock:
Will do Jimmy. I'm guessing you're not making it out to "Sunny" Las Vegas this year? That's a shame.
Catch you soon Bud.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Glen,

Any update on the FAAB? :D :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:Greg, any chance we can get a FAAB update one of these days?? :?

I think he should entitle a thread, 'Re: The Latest FAAB Update On Improvements', just to let us know what is up.
No, not a word Dan. As far as your suggestion on a thread title, that's a great idea.
You'd think Greg would have thought of it. :?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:

No, not a word Dan. As far as your suggestion on a thread title, that's a great idea.
You'd think Greg would have thought of it. :?
In my next life I'm going to be a computer programmer so I can shut you folks up!!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Come on Greg I haven't asked once for a live scoring update!

By the way what does the greatest stats provider on the planet got for us in relation to providing world class live scoring?

My name is Glenn Lowy and I approved this message. :D
Joe

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 pm

In my next life I'm going to be a computer programmer so I can shut you folks up!!! :lol:

Then I guess this means that in your next life you'll actually be making some money at what you do for a living as well, too, Greg. :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:52 am

Baseball Furies wrote:In my next life I'm going to be a computer programmer so I can shut you folks up!!! :lol:

Then I guess this means that in your next life you'll actually be making some money at what you do for a living as well, too, Greg. :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If I wanted to make money I never would have gotten into journalism and the newspaper business. $190 a week for my first job and it wasn't' much better for the next 7 years. It wasn't much better in the early years of magazines, either, but fortunately I met a pretty lady who was making more than me at the same company and I more than doubled my salary overnight!!! :lol: Then a little buyout set us up for life.

It always was about doing something I loved every day and it's never changed in the 32 years I've been in sports for a living. How lucky is that? Every single work day since I graduated from college I've been writing and following sports for a living. Does it get any better than that? Damn, now I bet you guys are envious of this poor slouch, aren't you?? :lol:

Safe travels everyone and good luck in the rest of your drafts.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:38 am

mattjb wrote:
Cunningly hidden in the secret section called 'rules' to throw people off the scent. They even put NEW FOR 2014 just to make it a bit more secretive.

Always amazes me that people are willing to spend $$$$ without bothering to read the rules.
Matthew Bannister. I've been here since 2005. I don't need to reread the rules every year to know how to play. I've finished in the top half of the main event eight out of eight times. Can you say the same about your two on-line championships you've done? But you reread the rules every year so it's probably more worthwhile for you to pony up the $$$$.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:41 am

bjoak wrote:
mattjb wrote:

Matthew Bannister. I've been here since 2005. I don't need to reread the rules every year to know how to play. I've finished in the top half of the main event eight out of eight times. Can you say the same about your one on-line championship you've done? But you reread the rules every year so it's probably more worthwhile for you to pony up the $$$$.
haha touchy much? I re-read the rules to check for changes.

And i'm in the main event thanks.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:46 am

Not yet! That is like going to a job interview and the only thing on your resume is the job you're applying for. We'll have to see where you are in October.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 am

bjoak wrote:Not yet! That is like going to a job interview and the only thing on your resume is the job you're applying for. We'll have to see where you are in October.
Indeed. what's your team name? I'll look for you somewhere just above middle ;)