Presenting YOUR 125K team

Gekko

Presenting YOUR 125K team

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 am

Drafted this main event team with my partner jason Emma and consultant KoQ yesterday. Interesting draft in that a team went 9 NINE pitchers in a row beginning in round 1!!!

1B Adams
2B Kipnis
SS Miller
3B Middlebrooks
C Gomes
C Norris
MI Hill
CI Alonso
OF Gomez
OF Marte
OF Werth
OF Aoki
OF A.Garcia
U Morse

SP Cole
SP Tanaka
SP Cashner
SP Kazmir
SP E.Ramirez
SP Hutchison
SP Jordan
SP Roark
RP Holland

3B Dominguez
SS Baez
OF Choice
SP Mejia
RP D.Webb
RP Casilla
RP Mujica

lrr

Re: Presenting YOUR 125K team

Post by lrr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:56 pm

I also did the Jordan Roark tandem in the main yesterday. If you have one, it's a good idea to get the other. And if Fister is out awhile, it may be a home run. Of course, they have to produce.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Really? Your ME team has one closer? Good Luck with that Mark

sek729

Post by sek729 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 pm

I can't imagine any scenario where a team going 9 pitchers in a row from Rounds #1 to #9, is going to have success in a 15 teamer.

I imagine he went average heavy with his hitters so ideally he'd like to win every pitching category (75 points) and win batting average (90) and hope to scratch a few points out here and there in the offensive counting categories as other teams quit.

Pitchers are just so much more unreliable than hitters. The likelyhood of this team winning a league, or even cashing, look pretty small to me.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm

He actually punted average... I was in the same draft. That's what he said was his plan going in. Pitchers flew off the board at an insane rate I think because of it.

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Bud. I hate to say it but this team just doesn't do it for me. Tanaka/cole just I can't see making it happen... We will see!

Chris

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:19 pm

People will be taking cole and tanaka in the 2nd round next year. Studs.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 pm

lrr wrote:I also did the Jordan Roark tandem in the main yesterday. If you have one, it's a good idea to get the other. And if Fister is out awhile, it may be a home run. Of course, they have to produce.
Jordan/Roark pitch for the best or second best team in NL and pitch in the weakest division in baseball. All aboard

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Ps taylor jordan is gonna crush this year. Killer off speed stuff with monster GB tendencies. 8th rounder or better next year

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Captain Hook wrote:Really? Your ME team has one closer? Good Luck with that Mark
Wonder what kind of feeling the janssen owners have in their guts today

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Gekko wrote:
Captain Hook wrote:Really? Your ME team has one closer? Good Luck with that Mark
Not good that is for sure but HTH does that help your team?
If you had snagged Sergio Santos the comment would make sense - even if it was at somebody's expense

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:50 pm

He got Santos in super auction in nyc

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
Gekko wrote:
Not good that is for sure but HTH does that help your team?
If you had snagged Sergio Santos the comment would make sense - even if it was at somebody's expense
My point is closer openings happen pretty frequently.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:03 pm

76erfan wrote:He got Santos in super auction in nyc
Andy remembers! Soria $1 and santos in reserve!

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Gekko wrote:Ps taylor jordan is gonna crush this year. Killer off speed stuff with monster GB tendencies. 8th rounder or better next year
Let me translate for my Canadian friends:

"Off speed" = slow :mrgreen:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Gekko wrote:Ps taylor jordan is gonna crush this year. Killer off speed stuff with monster GB tendencies. 8th rounder or better next year
Let me translate for my Canadian friends:

"Off speed" = slow :mrgreen:
Swinging strike rate on those predict monster looming

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Gekko wrote:Drafted this main event team with my partner jason Emma and consultant KoQ yesterday. Interesting draft in that a team went 9 NINE pitchers in a row beginning in round 1!!!

1B Adams
2B Kipnis
SS Miller
3B Middlebrooks
C Gomes
C Norris
MI Hill
CI Alonso
OF Gomez
OF Marte
OF Werth
OF Aoki
OF A.Garcia
U Morse

SP Cole
SP Tanaka
SP Cashner
SP Kazmir
SP E.Ramirez
SP Hutchison
SP Jordan
SP Roark
RP Holland

3B Dominguez
SS Baez
OF Choice
SP Mejia
RP D.Webb
RP Casilla
RP Mujica

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this team is woefully short in HR and RBI, not to mention one closer, so im not seeing the 125k in your future.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:48 pm

ALL-IN JD wrote:
Gekko wrote:Drafted this main event team with my partner jason Emma and consultant KoQ yesterday. Interesting draft in that a team went 9 NINE pitchers in a row beginning in round 1!!!

1B Adams
2B Kipnis
SS Miller
3B Middlebrooks
C Gomes
C Norris
MI Hill
CI Alonso
OF Gomez
OF Marte
OF Werth
OF Aoki
OF A.Garcia
U Morse

SP Cole
SP Tanaka
SP Cashner
SP Kazmir
SP E.Ramirez
SP Hutchison
SP Jordan
SP Roark
RP Holland

3B Dominguez
SS Baez
OF Choice
SP Mejia
RP D.Webb
RP Casilla
RP Mujica

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this team is woefully short in HR and RBI, not to mention one closer, so im not seeing the 125k in your future.
Yeah a lot riding on Adams and Middlebrooks for RBIs but I don't think this team is way short on HR. Of course, I think I'm higher on Morse and Alonso than most. These two aren't getting enough respect in drafts this March. I worry about Garcia and I drafted him in my league in the 19th. He could hit 12 or he could hit 22. D Norris sitting vs righties so he's not going to break out unless he starts to get more ABs.
Anyways, I think the team is fine. Every team is going to be a little weak somewhere. 27 more wks of faab to improve.

good luck Mark.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:56 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:

1B Adams
2B Kipnis
SS Miller
3B Middlebrooks
C Gomes
C Norris
MI Hill
CI Alonso
OF Gomez
OF Marte
OF Werth
OF Aoki
OF A.Garcia
U Morse

SP Cole
SP Tanaka
SP Cashner
SP Kazmir
SP E.Ramirez
SP Hutchison
SP Jordan
SP Roark
RP Holland

3B Dominguez
SS Baez
OF Choice
SP Mejia
RP D.Webb
RP Casilla
RP Mujica

Jeff - u must be drinking. I count 250 hr and 180 sb with killer pitching. Sorry big dog - I'd fire your staff evaluator for talent/projections

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:30 am

You're right Mark! Not sure what I was thinking!! :roll: :roll:

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 am

Gekko wrote:
ALL-IN JD wrote:

1B Adams
2B Kipnis
SS Miller
3B Middlebrooks
C Gomes
C Norris
MI Hill
CI Alonso
OF Gomez
OF Marte
OF Werth
OF Aoki
OF A.Garcia
U Morse

SP Cole
SP Tanaka
SP Cashner
SP Kazmir
SP E.Ramirez
SP Hutchison
SP Jordan
SP Roark
RP Holland

3B Dominguez
SS Baez
OF Choice
SP Mejia
RP D.Webb
RP Casilla
RP Mujica

Jeff - u must be drinking. I count 250 hr and 180 sb with killer pitching. Sorry big dog - I'd fire your staff evaluator for talent/projections
MARK,
That`s about right indeed from my point of view, 250-180. I do worry about the closer situation too, early anyway although its a nice opportunity to pill up K. Love the Wash combo. Hope you are right on about Cole as I have him all over the place. Good luck sir...

Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 am

Gates wrote:
MARK,
That`s about right indeed from my point of view, 250-180. I do worry about the closer situation too, early anyway although its a nice opportunity to pill up K. Love the Wash combo. Hope you are right on about Cole as I have him all over the place. Good luck sir...

Gaëtan
thanks. yup, will ramp up Ks and wins while i search for 2nd closer. won't be the worst if i don't find one, as i'll be at the top of wins and k's. 8-)

i believe cole will have very good year. :twisted:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:51 am

my February write-up for cole

SP – Gerrit Cole – Pirates
Cole is a player I monitored throughout last season. Much like Jose Fernandez, Cole’s initial taste of the major leagues was restricted by his club. Cole made 7 starts prior to the All-Star break. In 6 of those starts, he threw his fastball at least 66.6% of the time. In Cole’s 12 starts after the All-Star break he only threw his fastball more then 66.6% of the time in 1 game. In other words, they allowed him to ramp up the usage of his slider and killer curveball. Most telling are Cole’s last 4 starts of the season. In those 4 starts, he utilized his curveball more than at any other point in the season.

His stats from those four games:
4GS; 4Wins; 11.8K9; 3.12BB9; 0.00HR9; 1.38ERA; 1.08WHIP

In addition, Cole finished the season with 15 consecutive games where his xFIP was below 4.00. For comparison, Kershaw’s best consecutive streak was 10 games, Scherzer was 21 games and Darvish was 7 games

lrr

Post by lrr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:06 am

My only concern with Cole is wins. Pittsburgh did little to improve their offense which looks poor. Teams should pitch around McCutchen. They need to bring up Polanco sooner than later.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:32 am

february write-up for Kazmir

SP – Scott Kazmir – A’s
Kazmir is one of my favorite sleepers entering 2014. Why?
• Kazmir was once a highly-rated prospect within the Mets and Rays organizations
• His fastball velocity last year was back in line with his highly-rated prospect years
• Wicked second half skill set of 10.25K9; 2.13BB9; 0.63HR9. In the past ten years, only two pitchers produced better second halves (as measured by those metrics). Both of those pitchers are also left-handers, Randy Johnson (2004) and Johan Santana (2004)
• 2013 ESPN MLB HR Park Factor had Progressive Field (Kazmir’s old home) grade out as 1.078 (slightly HR friendly park) and O.co Coliseum (Kazmir’s new home) grade out as 0.818 (significantly anti-HR park)
• 2013 Fangraphs.com team defensive ‘Def’ rankings had the Indians (Kazmir’s old team) grade out as -41.1 (significantly bad team defense) and the Athletics (Kazmir’s new team) grade out as +3.5 (slightly good team defense)
• Billy Beane signed Kazmir to a 2-year 22 million dollar contract very early in the offseason, ie, he didn’t want anyone else to sign him

Given a current price point of the 16th round, he is a must buy.