FAAB Issue w/ IPAD

Fourslot40

FAAB Issue w/ IPAD

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:59 am

Dear NFBC brothers and ladies of course... I am having a technical issue that I'm hoping someone may have experienced and/ or knows how to work around. Last year, I had no issue using my IPAD for FAAB. At one point during the NFBKC season, my IPAD began locking up when trying to select a "player to drop". I tried this on both Google Chrome and Safari and my IPAD froze each time. This week, I tried it for the NFBC and the same thing happened. Thinking maybe it was just a techincal issue with my IPAD, I tried to do FAAB on my wife's IPAD. Her IPAD froze while selecting a "player to drop" as well. This leads me to believe that it may be a technical issue.

I checked with Tom and he hadn't heard of any issues. Seeing that many probably use their IPAD for this function, I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone else that may have experienced this issue.

Here's a brief snapshot of what happens:

You select a player to bid on and hit "place bid". No issue there as the player appears at the top of the screen. When you hit the drop down box to select a player to drop, the list appears with no issue. Here's where the issue comes in. Once you select a player off of that list, an NFBC pop-up appears reminding the player to "add player to all conditionals" or something of that nature. Then there is an OK and a CANCEL option. Once you select an option, the operating system freezes. The pop-up does not go away, it's frozen. You can't add a window or navigate. It's completely paralyzed. The only way to get operating software back, is to power off your IPAD.

Has anyone else come across this? Thank you in advance.

Deadheadz

Re: FAAB Issue w/ IPAD

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:07 am

FYI - this problem does not affect my iPhone w/ iOS 6.1 using Safari

Perhaps download the free version of Puffin browser and see if you can complete the function without locking up your tablet.
Good luck.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:41 am

Fourslot40 wrote:Dear NFBC brothers and ladies of course... I am having a technical issue that I'm hoping someone may have experienced and/ or knows how to work around. Last year, I had no issue using my IPAD for FAAB. At one point during the NFBKC season, my IPAD began locking up when trying to select a "player to drop". I tried this on both Google Chrome and Safari and my IPAD froze each time. This week, I tried it for the NFBC and the same thing happened. Thinking maybe it was just a techincal issue with my IPAD, I tried to do FAAB on my wife's IPAD. Her IPAD froze while selecting a "player to drop" as well. This leads me to believe that it may be a technical issue.

I checked with Tom and he hadn't heard of any issues. Seeing that many probably use their IPAD for this function, I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone else that may have experienced this issue.

You select a player to bid on and hit "place bid". No issue there as the player appears at the top of the screen. When you hit the drop down box to select a player to drop, the list appears with no issue. Here's where the issue comes in. Once you select a player off of that list, an NFBC pop-up appears reminding the player to "add player to all conditionals" or something of that nature. Then there is an OK and a CANCEL option. Once you select an option, the operating system freezes. The pop-up does not go away, it's frozen. You can't add a window or navigate. It's completely paralyzed. The only way to get operating software back, is to power off your IPAD.

Yes, I had the same issue while in Vegas this weekend. Ended up doing FAAB on my phone which was less than ideal. I did bring it to Greg's attention while I was there. He was very busy though so your post will be a reminder for him.

With the new FAAB product rolling out this week, hopefully this issue goes away.
Joe

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:46 am

Great, thank you Joe.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 am

Will the new drag 'n drop FAAB even work on touch screen devices?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:54 am

Fourslot40 wrote:Dear NFBC brothers and ladies of course... I am having a technical issue that I'm hoping someone may have experienced and/ or knows how to work around. Last year, I had no issue using my IPAD for FAAB. At one point during the NFBKC season, my IPAD began locking up when trying to select a "player to drop". I tried this on both Google Chrome and Safari and my IPAD froze each time. This week, I tried it for the NFBC and the same thing happened. Thinking maybe it was just a techincal issue with my IPAD, I tried to do FAAB on my wife's IPAD. Her IPAD froze while selecting a "player to drop" as well. This leads me to believe that it may be a technical issue.

Yes, I experienced it Sunday as well. As I'm wont to do with technical issues, I blamed it on user error and my own particular IPAD. Completely paralyzed is a great word to describe what happened. You couldn't just reload it either, or go to a new window, you had to completely power off the IPAD. I just used my desktop after that.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

bustouts

Post by bustouts » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 am

I also had the same problems over the weekend and thought it was my own doing. Glad to know that it is something that can probably be fixed

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:48 am

I've heard from several owners now about this issue and have sent to IT. We're looking into it now. Sorry guys, but we'll get this done.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

morons

Post by morons » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 am

I also encountered this problem doing FAAB on iPad. When I click on "drop player", it locks up the screen and I had to reboot the machine to get out of that....as I result, I also had to do FAAB on my phone which was not optimal.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:37 am

I have the same issue with my iPad but not my iPhone;
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

slopshot

Post by slopshot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Any word yet on what maybe the problem with this? I am also having the same issues.

Thanks,
Chris

Rey

Post by Rey » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:00 pm

I've had the same issue, as I've had some experience with it since the NFBKC.

A quick tip as we await a permanent fix. There is no need to reboot your ipad. Simply close your browser session (double click your home button, and drag your browser session up to close). Once you open a new browser, it should open to your free agent screen and be usable.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 pm

slopshot wrote:Any word yet on what maybe the problem with this? I am also having the same issues.

Thanks,
Chris
The current FAAB page wasn't optimized for iPads when it was built. Now that we are debuting the new FAAB setup, we'll see if we have the same issues with iPads when that goes live later this week and then fix that setup if needed. We are going to go live first with the new FAAB system, so you may have to use a different device to set FAAB bids once this debuts. We'll find out soon. But we know about the problem with iPads and will fix if needed on the new FAAB setup.

Thanks for the updates all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:22 am

Greg,

Any shot that the pop-up's from the old FAAB could be removed while the new FAAB is being rolled out? This would eliminate the IPAD issue for those who continue to use old FAAB in the interim. I know that there is a lot to consider as we improve FAAB, but this would be of great convenience. Thank you for your consideration.

John

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:26 am

Fourslot40 wrote:Greg,

Any shot that the pop-up's from the old FAAB could be removed while the new FAAB is being rolled out? This would eliminate the IPAD issue for those who continue to use old FAAB in the interim. I know that there is a lot to consider as we improve FAAB, but this would be of great convenience. Thank you for your consideration.

John
The old FAAB wasn't designed for the iPad; it's why we are totally redesigning this. You can only use the new FAAB on an iPad John.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius