And the hits just keep on coming....

Edwards Kings

Re: And the hits just keep on coming....

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:35 am

Please, gentlemen. It is not about notification rather than commerseration. Who else around you are you gonna talk to when yet another one of your players gets hurt?
DOUGHBOYS wrote:P.S.- I'm tired, had a long day, and it shows, so don't take much stock in the frivolity of this post. :)
I won't, Dan, but the Ministry might!

Hope the new job is going well.
Last edited by Edwards Kings on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 am

Here on the Justin Bieber Forum, the posters who've attended the most concerts will decide whether your posts are Believer enough!

Hint: They're not! LOLZ!

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 am

Outlaw wrote:
BK METS wrote:I read this thread just to see which guy DH pisses off on a daily basis. The funniest comments I am seeing is that by posting injuries on this thread, guys like me are upset because it gives my competitors a heads up. Please tell me what seasoned fantasy player doesn't have access to rotoworld or twitter? Nearly every injury posted refers to a rotoworld update.

There have been many long lasting threads that have peaked my interest. This thread is just a race to see who can post an injury the quickest. That's it. Read it or don't read it... For me, I no longer care what injuries are posted, since it is old news. I just tune in to read DH and his entertaining posts. I finally get him. The man is lonely and is polarizing. Love him or hate him, his posts are utterly pathetic, to a point that he actually has become entertaining. :D[/quote

Come on Alan, why the personal attacks? you shoud have wrote "Love him or hate him, his posts have become entertaining."

If it wasn't for DH, hate to say it, these boards would be utterly Dead This season.
Sorry. I am speaking from what I see. I agree that without him, the boards would be dead. I thought I was actually being kind. He admits himself that he says and does pretty pathetic stuff. I am officially a Deadheadz supporter. :o :D

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:08 am

BK METS wrote:
Outlaw wrote:
BK METS wrote:I read this thread just to see which guy DH pisses off on a daily basis. The funniest comments I am seeing is that by posting injuries on this thread, guys like me are upset because it gives my competitors a heads up. Please tell me what seasoned fantasy player doesn't have access to rotoworld or twitter? Nearly every injury posted refers to a rotoworld update.

There have been many long lasting threads that have peaked my interest. This thread is just a race to see who can post an injury the quickest. That's it. Read it or don't read it... For me, I no longer care what injuries are posted, since it is old news. I just tune in to read DH and his entertaining posts. I finally get him. The man is lonely and is polarizing. Love him or hate him, his posts are utterly pathetic, to a point that he actually has become entertaining. :D[/quote

Come on Alan, why the personal attacks? you shoud have wrote "Love him or hate him, his posts have become entertaining."

If it wasn't for DH, hate to say it, these boards would be utterly Dead This season.
Sorry. I am speaking from what I see. I agree that without him, the boards would be dead. I thought I was actually being kind. He admits himself that he says and does pretty pathetic stuff. I am officially a Deadheadz supporter. :o :D[/quote

Note to DH, Alan remembers everything...lol Before you hit Submit, read, re-read, re-read again and discard if need be, advice I should probably follow too sometimes...lol

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:44 am

Wow, these boards have taken the ultimate turn for the worse. Very sad. Where is Mike the Mouth, when you need him? He probably made the smart decision to do more productive things..

This is my farewell. I will no longer post on these boards. Not that anyone cares, but I will join the many, who live in peace.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:58 am

There have been many long lasting threads that have peaked my interest. This thread is just a race to see who can post an injury the quickest. That's it. Read it or don't read it... For me, I no longer care what injuries are posted, since it is old news. I just tune in to read DH and his entertaining posts. I finally get him. The man is lonely and is polarizing. Love him or hate him, his posts are utterly pathetic, to a point that he actually has become entertaining. :D

You seem to presume that this board is only read by "seasoned" fantasy players and/or people who read on a daily-to-weekly basis.

I've had plenty of PMs thanking me for my posts from users who (from what I've seen) have never made a public post.
They seem to agree there's an old-boys network in the NFBC and shy away from sharing their thoughts thinking it could lead to ridicule by the "fantasy elite".

Alan, you have made a decision that makes sense for you. I applaud that.

8-)
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:28 pm

I think what pisses you off the most about this thread is that it makes getting the news easier or even effortless for your opponents. You're used to doing a lot of work to gain an edge but now everyone can have that info so your edge is slowly slipping away.

They discussed this very concept on one of the ESPN podcasts recently. It used to be that, without the internet, research was hard if not impossible in some aspects. Those who could scout minor leaguers or be around the team every day had a huge advantage.
Modern technology has tended to level the playing field more.

Bitch all you want. The thread isn't going away, now is it?

:mrgreen:
You're right :mrgreen:
Dan is an internet searching wiz when hunting for the latest player injury news.
And now, by starting this thread, you've ruined that edge he used to have over his competition. You've somehow figured out his true feelings that he's pissed now that he's lost that edge. This thread is the definitive source for injury news. :lol:

Ps regarding the comment about modern technology leveling the playing field, welcome to 3 years ago. The playing field has been leveled for a long time in the Nfbc regarding access to any and all baseball info, research, and injuries IMHO.
What still separates some of the good players from the average or poor players is how each one of us uses and deciphers that info. And I think even that gap is narrowing. (Now here's something worth discussing ;) )
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:51 pm

:o
For those who care:

Francisco Liriano left Tuesday's game with an oblique injury...
http://dlvr.it/5xpXkW

For those who don't care:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm

I was hoping for tommy john so i could just cut Liriano. I know if I cut him, he'll be a world beater second half. How long does it look like he'll be out?
And......cut Cuddyer at this point? He's probably out until mid-August right?

My team is such a disapointment after I really thought I had my best draft ever. I've been ravaged by injuries like many others too. Oh well! The odds are stacked against me in the fantasy world.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

Dozier has been pulled after the 4th inning at Toronto today. So far no explanation as no injury was apparent in the broadcast.

Could he be traded?
Maybe he's ill or paternity leave ?

:shock:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Game Notes
2B DOZIER (BACK) LEFT GAME BOT 4TH

ETA - collided with SS Escobar on a pop fly in short center and had tightness in his back after the play and left the game

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Adam Wainwright goes for MRI
http://dlvr.it/5yL8Qt

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Deadheadz wrote::shock:

you could at least report it fairly instead of going for the sensationalism Debbie

Adam Wainwright underwent an MRI Wednesday morning after experiencing discomfort on the outside of his elbow.
The good news is that Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said Wainwright's ulnar collateral ligament is "completely fine." The bad news is that the hurler is dealing with "tennis elbow" and will be re-evaluted in a few days. The ailment helps explain why Wainwright was lifted from Tuesday's start after throwing just 92 pitches over seven shutout innings. Whether Wainwright will need a stint on the disabled list should be known before the weekend. Jun 11 - 3:57 PM

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
Deadheadz wrote::shock:

you could at least report it fairly instead of going for the sensationalism Debbie

Adam Wainwright underwent an MRI Wednesday morning after experiencing discomfort on the outside of his elbow.
The good news is that Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said Wainwright's ulnar collateral ligament is "completely fine." The bad news is that the hurler is dealing with "tennis elbow" and will be re-evaluted in a few days. The ailment helps explain why Wainwright was lifted from Tuesday's start after throwing just 92 pitches over seven shutout innings. Whether Wainwright will need a stint on the disabled list should be known before the weekend. Jun 11 - 3:57 PM
Interesting you found "spin" in a post where all I did was state a fact and give a link to a site where readers can get more info.

Everyone is a critic.
:geek:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:47 pm

:?
Who had Friday June 13th in the pool for the 2014 Tulo injury?
http://dlvr.it/60218v

:roll:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Archer injured now too? I think he left start really early.
Lol.....the hits came strong in the first month for me.
then the hits stopped for May.
but oh yeah, the hits keep on coming here in June.
Adios amigos.
It really can't even be contributed to bad luck or the way I draft. It's just the way it is.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:34 pm

:(
RA Dickey owners may want to proceed with caution. After throwing a pitch during tithe 7th inning at Baltimore, Dickey grabbed at his right inner thigh and trainers came out to talk with him. Then after throwing a warmup pitch, Dickey shook his head and was pulled from the game.

Adam Lind was limping on the base paths after his last at bat. He was replaced at DH by Dionner Navarro in the 8th inning.

Trevor Plouffe has an oblique strain.
http://dlvr.it/606JZq

:x
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 pm

In the last three weeks I have lost Arenado, Will Myers, liriano, Neil walker, and Yelich. still can't decide if that's a bad thing... :shock:
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:55 pm

we've really been disrespecting this thread letting it almost fall off the main page here in general nfbc discussion: time to bump it back where it belongs

Pomeranz - broken right hand (non-throwing).......
and the hits just keep on comiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnng
oh black water keep on rolling
mississipi blue is surely NOT shining on me.

Cuddyer (second time), Liriano (not like he's helping anyway), and now Pomeranz in the last few weeks. Gotta love it. One after another, and another, and another. Geezus!

Can someone tell me why I'm doing this still?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:49 pm

sad thing about Pomeranz (someone else did this earlier in the season but I can't remember who it was) is that he broke his hand swinging at something in anger over his pitching that night - now he won't pitch for quite a while.

You would think these dopes would realize they make a living with their bodies and not try and punch walls and water coolers etc.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:43 am

Brett Lawrie HBP now removed from game with suspected broken finger.

Details to come.
:geek:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:55 pm

and Bautista hurt his leg in the same game

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:00 pm

:evil:
Lawrie has fractured finger
http://dlvr.it/64rQLM

Bautista hurt his leg, going for MRI
http://dlvr.it/64rQM6

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Wacha and Garcia- DL's - Shoulders... Jaime Be Gone probably long term... Wacha injury may be pretty serious also...

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:01 am

Any more news on wacha? I am not seeing much detail

And to everyone who posts, thx. I used to post allot but work got busy and there was certainly quite a bit of eliteism/ favoritism. Now I think the boards are almost dead and it is a shame.

We need mobile boards!