Congratulations To Dave Potts For Winning $1 Million DFBC

low talkers

Re: Congratulations To Dave Potts For Winning $1 Million DFB

Post by low talkers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the calls, texts, emails, etc. I really do appreciate it. This is so absolutely surreal! I really do owe a lot to the NFBC, this is what got me into serious fantasy baseball. I doubt I'd have ever jumped into the daily games if NFBC hadn't ignited my passion for this. So, seriously, thanks to all you guys! I'll see you in Vegas next spring, and with my first pick in the main event, I'm going with the one and only David Ortiz. Long live Big Papi!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 am

I see that two NFBC owners are among the 90 qualifiers for the $1 million grand prize in the Fanduel World Fantasy Baseball Champonship. It will be held at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas this weekend with Saturday games determining the $1 million winner. Good luck to all.

NFBC veteran Dave Potts won last year's $1 million grand prize and he returns to defend his title. Also back is NFBC Charter Member Glenn Schroter. Both are looking to take down the top prize. GOOD LUCK GUYS!!

Bo Jackson will also be on hand to present the winner with the million dollar prize. Bo is also giving hitting lessons at a Home Run Derby that Fanduel has set up. I think the odds are greater that Dave or Glenn wins this contest than they do hitting one out of the Las Vegas stadium!!! :lol: But it sounds like a great, great weekend, so we'll be watching and cheering you on.

Let's get another Million Dollar winner from the NFBC. If anyone else from the NFBC has qualified and I missed you, please post here. Once we get the link for the contest we'll post here for all to see. Thanks and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

low talkers

Post by low talkers » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:40 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Bo is also giving hitting lessons at a Home Run Derby that Fanduel has set up. I think the odds are greater that Dave or Glenn wins this contest than they do hitting one out of the Las Vegas stadium!!! :lol: But it sounds like a great, great weekend, so we'll be watching and cheering you on.

Thanks Greg, it's amazing that we get to spend the weekend with Bo Jackson! War Eagle!
I took some batting practice last night and I can second your statement that I will not be hitting one out of the stadium. My goal, which is still unlikely, is to hit one out of the infield. At least on a bounce.

Donacion

Post by Donacion » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Sounds like fun. I looked up where they are doing this its at the Big League Dreams softball complex. There are 6 fields all done up as replicas of MLB stadiums. They have Fenway, Crosley, Wrigley, Angels, Dodgers and Yankees. My favorite is Dodger checkout the scoreboard its from the game Gibson hit his HR. It shows 4-3 the score right before he hit the homer. Really nice facility. One of the best softball complexes on the west coast. Most of the fences are 300-315 all the way around.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:46 pm

I came across this interesting article about how Wayne Chrebet, former wide receiver for the New York Jets, is a big daily fantasy baseball player who apparently also was a finalist in this event. See: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/wayne-c ... mpionships

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:25 am

How is this for good news? Dave Potts just won ANOTHER MILLION DOLLARS in last night's Draft Kings contest. Our NFBC overall champion from three years ago is now KILLING the DFS market with TWO Million Dollar paydays in the last 13 months!! :D :D :D

That deserves at least three smiley faces. GREAT JOB CHAMP!!!

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/dave- ... ize-798716

Can you believe it? Wow.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Donnie Baseball

Post by Donnie Baseball » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Unbelievable!!! Congratulations Dave!!!

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:12 am

I'm in the wrong business.
LOL

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:25 am

Unprecedented! Absolutely amazing...Many congrats Dave! :D :D :D

I hope Glenn placed well.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 am

Wow is right. Unreal. Nice work Dave!!! Love the fact that it was one entry and you basically pointed to the stands and told everyone where you were going to hit the home run. Haha. Very cool.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 am

Are you kidding??? Great news and an absolutely amazing achievement! That's 3 baseball national championships for 3 separate contests in 3 different formats. Unprecedented is right and it couldn't have happened to a greater player or a nicer guy. Dave is easily one of fantasy baseball's greatest players around and now possibly its biggest prize winner as well. Wow!

Congratulations Dave. Well deserved. Enjoy both the accolades and new big check you've certainly earned.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:14 pm

The puffy shirt may have ruined George's life, but it sure has worked for you, Dave!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Remember this thread when Dave makes Didi Gregorius his first round pick in the Main next March.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Bob Enzyte

Post by Bob Enzyte » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Hey Dave,
Next time can you stack the Dodgers? Maybe your magical powers will transform that team into scoring a few runs.
Thanks

la Jolla

Post by la Jolla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Congrats Dave! That is an amazing accomplishment.