Who Will Go No. 1 In 2007?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:21 am

Is it too early to talk about Draft Day 2007? Probably, but what the heck! :D

The first round will once again be interesting in 2007 as there really isn't any hands-down Top 5 picks. Yes, there are a lot of worthy candidates, but even the top spot is up for grabs. And with Alex Rodriguez sliding a bit in 2006, it's possible that someone other than A-Rod will dominate the first pick in most NFBC drafts.

Anyway, I'm interested in your thoughts for 2007. Who do you think will go No. 1 overall? Who would be your Top 5 right now? Can you list the Top 15 for 2007? Good luck the rest of the way in 2006, but feel free to dive into next season if you have the time.

Here's one man's list of potential first round picks, not in particular order:

Albert Pujols

Alfonso Soriano

Ryan Howard

Jose Reyes

David Wright

Carl Crawford

Carlos Beltran

David Wright

Alex Rodriguez

David Ortiz

Vladimir Guerrero

Miguel Cabrera

Johan Santana

Travis Hafner

Derek Jeter

Vernon Wells

Grady Sizemore

Jimmy Rollins

Jermaine Dye

Will anyone else crack the Top 15?
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

nydownunder

Post by nydownunder » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 am

Carlos Lee (depending on where he goes), Berkman, and Utley may also have late round consideration.
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:44 am

Originally posted by nydownunder:

Carlos Lee (depending on where he goes), Berkman, and Utley may also have late round consideration. IMO Utley is a complete no brainer 1st round in 07- especially when you factor in that position will be as scarce as any in a long time in 07.

I would add Jason Bay to the list- did he really disappoint that much in 06, besides the steals and he could easily get to 15 in any year with his success rate.

The guy I really dislike from Greg's list is Dye- I do not pay for career years from established guys.

I think the main theme for the 1st round in 07 unlike 06 is it will be deeper. I personally think the first 5-6 picks are somewhat equal.

My top 15 in no specific order:

Hafner, Ortiz, Pujols, Howard, Utley, Reyes, Arod, Wright, Miggy Cab, Crawford, Bay, Soriano, Beltran, Vladi, Santana

A lot can change though with offseason moves- at the end of last year I had Miggy 4th on my board going in to 07 but the firesale dropped him to 16 on my board.

The 15th guy is the tough one for me- I have Bay but it could be 7-8 different guys by then.

[ September 14, 2006, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Chest Rockwell ]

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:59 am

Vernon Wells and Jermaine Dye, really?
Chance favors the prepared mind.