Ultimate League Battles

Greg Ambrosius

Ultimate League Battles

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:04 am

Wow, the battle for the $40,000 league prizes in the three Ultimate Leagues is definitely going down to the wire. There is a tie for first place in Ultimate League 1, a half point difference in the Ultimate Auction League and a one point difference in Ultimate League 2. Considering the difference is $25,000 between first and second place, it should be a wild last two weeks. Good luck everyone!!!

We will definitely be doing the Ultimate Leagues in 2007 at $5,000 per league. Is there any interest in anything higher than that for Las Vegas? Just inquiring! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Spyhunter

Ultimate League Battles

Post by Spyhunter » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:13 am

with that closeness and that kind of $$$, I would be making sure all the stats are properly reflected (i.e. late stat changes are properly updated). Amazing out a hit to and error or vice versa may change things...

bustouts

Ultimate League Battles

Post by bustouts » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:36 am

Im interested. what do you have in mind Greg?

Greg Ambrosius

Ultimate League Battles

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:37 am

Originally posted by bustouts:

Im interested. what do you have in mind Greg? Some of the guys who drafted in Ultimate League 1 in Las Vegas inquired to see if I would do a higher league in 2007. I've always said, I'll offer whatever you guys want. Anyone for $7,500 with a higher percentage payout?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

bustouts

Ultimate League Battles

Post by bustouts » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:54 am

ok , u twisted my arm, I'm in!!

Greg Ambrosius

Ultimate League Battles

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:12 am

Originally posted by bustouts:

ok , u twisted my arm, I'm in!! What we'll do is take $5,000 Ultimate League signups and put next to your name (would do $7,500 Ultimate League) and if we get to 15 for that we'll run it. Obviously, we don't hit anyone's credit card until those leagues are full, so there's no worry about committing to it early. My hope is that through our MLB.com promotions that we have planned this off-season, that all of our leagues will grow and this area is one growth spot I expect to see.

At $7,500 per team, we could do something like $60,000 for first place, $25,000 for second and $12,500 for third. That's an 87 percent payout. Just a thought for now.

[ September 19, 2006, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Ultimate League Battles

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:30 am

These are going to be fun to watch. Is it possible for one owner to win the Ultimate League in baseball and the Ultimate League in football? Eddie Gillis is trying to do just that, having won the 2005 NFFC Ultimate League title and now moving into first place in the 2006 NFBC Ultimate League 1. I don't mean to jinx you, Eddie, but it is a helluva accomplishment if you can pull it off. That looks to be a wild race to the finish line in that league and in Ultimate League 2 where your buddy Ab is trying to hold on. Good luck to all!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius