Congrats To All NFBC Winners; Payment Is Next

Greg Ambrosius

Congrats To All NFBC Winners; Payment Is Next

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:33 am

Congratulations to all of our NFBC owners in 2014 who earned prize money. Cashing in any of our leagues is a good thing against this stiff competition. Congrats and spend this money wisely.

A lot of people have asked what the next step is in getting this prize money. As Tom has noted, if you want to split payments you need to have those shared prizes forms notarized and into us by Monday, Oct. 6th. We will begin working on payments right after that, so you must get those forms in by Monday or we just can't split prizes after that.

Also, you MUST have a W-9 on file from a previous winning or fill out the W-9 form on your team site now. Just go to Settings in the green navigational bar from any of your team links and pull down to Online W9. Fill that out, save it and that will allow us to send payments. Also make sure that your mailing address is current because all winning checks are going to the address on your W9. Please confirm that your address is correct there and always update it on your team pages as well.

This year we will again be paying all prize winners in full via check. We have talked about allowing owners to keep some prize money in their Player Account for the last year, but we have not finished that project yet. Starting with the NFFC payments in 2014, this will be done and that will give you more flexibility with your prize winnings. But for 2014 NFBC, your entire winnings will be sent via check in the next couple of weeks. Look for those checks before the end of the month as we're already working on this process. We want these winnings in your hands as soon as we can get it done.

Congrats once again to all of the winners and please update your contact info and fill out your W9s. We'll take care of the rest. This year we are awarding more than $2.7 million in prize money -- another record for the NFBC -- and we look forward to getting it to you as soon as we can. Enjoy and thanks everyone for another great season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Re: Congrats To All NFBC Winners; Payment Is Next

Post by mdecav » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:45 am

Thanks Greg, great job this year!

In the future direct deposit would be helpful, if possible.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:08 am

mdecav wrote:Thanks Greg, great job this year!

In the future direct deposit would be helpful, if possible.
We offered direct deposits last year and it worked perfectly. I'm not quite sure why we're not offering that this year, but I agree with you and hopefully we offer that again starting with football 2014 winnings. Thanks and congrats on a great debut season in the NFBC.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 am

Just an update that we are ready to start sending out NFBC checks in the next couple of days, so it's nice to get winning checks of more than $2.6 million out in just 2+ weeks after the end of the MLB season. These will begin going out tomorrow and through Monday, so look for these shortly. CONGRATS EVERYONE and enjoy your winnings.

And don't forget to save some for 2015 NFBC. We will have Registration live by mid-November and Draft Champions leagues drafting by mid-November this year, so be ready. The 12th NFBC season is right around the corner. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:52 am

awesome Greg! Thanks!

Once you have the locations/dates/times ironed out. Anyway to start an informal sign up list on the boards? and then registration can follow later?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:34 pm

76erfan wrote:awesome Greg! Thanks!

Once you have the locations/dates/times ironed out. Anyway to start an informal sign up list on the boards? and then registration can follow later?
We have it all figured out Andy and we'll likely post the tentative schedule next week. Tom is working with the New York Hilton again for the second weekend, I'm working with the Bellagio again for both weekends and the Northbrook Sheraton has space for us again in Chicago. We can definitely post the times and dates early next week and get the fun started. If you folks see any contest that needs to be added, or times changed or anything else, that will give us plenty of time to change that.

We can start a signup thread next week for the live events. We can also start a signup thread for the NFBC Draft Champions Leagues, with a goal of starting these around Nov. 11th or so. That's the tentative goal, but we can definitely get signups rolling before then.

And I feel good about the debut of the NFBC Cutline Championship in 2015, the first national contest in baseball where the computer will pick your optimal scoring lineup each week. Imagine drafting a team, adding to it via FAAB only four times during the year and then enjoying a winning roster where you don't have to make those tough weekly lineup decisions. The computer picks the right starting lineup for you every week. Then it's a survivor contest after the All-Star break for those teams that are the best in each league. Could be a lot of fun and we're going to debut it this year.

Oh, and definitely a new online draft room this year, hopefully going live before the end of 2014. That is going to be nice.

Lots of positive things going on here, but we have to update the web site first with new text, et al. We're working on that now and can't wait to get the next season going. Hang in there a little longer and let us pay you first to put a formal end on 2014. We're almost there.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just an update that we are ready to start sending out NFBC checks in the next couple of days, so it's nice to get winning checks of more than $2.6 million out in just 2+ weeks after the end of the MLB season. These will begin going out tomorrow and through Monday, so look for these shortly. CONGRATS EVERYONE and enjoy your winnings.

And don't forget to save some for 2015 NFBC. We will have Registration live by mid-November and Draft Champions leagues drafting by mid-November this year, so be ready. The 12th NFBC season is right around the corner. :D
Thanks, Greg. The fast payouts are one of the many things I really like about the NFBC.

A number of years ago, before I discovered the NFBC, I played in and won a satellite league run by one of the major sports sites. I was told payouts would be made approximately 6-8 weeks after the season. When that time came and went with no payment received, I contacted the site and was informed that the 6-8 weeks ran after the World Series was over, not the end of the regular season. The whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth and it felt like they were just holding onto the money for as long as possible. In any event, I bring this up not to dump on that other site, but to emphasize that speedy payouts are really important, and you guys do it really well. Much appreciated.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 am

Just an update here: Most of the checks for 2014 NFBC winners went out earlier this week, likely Tuesday or Wednesday. Checks of $10,000 or more were scheduled to go out shortly after that. We had hoped to get them to you before the World Series was concluded and with any luck we will still pull that off!! :D Let's hope for a good Series this weekend. A 7 game World Series would appeal to a fan like myself. Good luck all and remember to put some of your winnings aside for 2015 baseball!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius