Chicago Live Drafts Are Set For April 3-4

Greg Ambrosius

Chicago Live Drafts Are Set For April 3-4

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:14 am

We are finalizing our 2015 NFBC schedule this week and will be returning to Las Vegas, New York City and Chicago in 2015. Unfortunately, Major League Baseball chose to push back the start of the 2015 season this year one week and thus Opening Day is on Easter Sunday. That means our final weekend of live drafts is on that weekend as well. We will host Las Vegas and New York drafts on that weekend for sure.

I currently have Chicago set for that Friday and Saturday as well. However, I'd like to get feedback from our Chicago drafters. Is it best to host NFBC drafts on that final weekend so that you have as much baseball information as possible, or is avoiding Easter weekend a better option? We could definitely host Chicago on March 27-28 rather than on April 3-4. Which is best for this tight group of owners?

Let me know on this thread or via email at [email protected] and I'll finalize our plans. We are working with the Sheraton Northbrook right now and tentatively have April 3-4 space secured, but I did talk with a couple of Chicago drafters from last season and there was discussion about possibly moving Draft Day off Easter weekend. I'm interested in your feedback on this.

Thanks all and let's finalize this soon.

Chicago 2015 NFBC Drafts:

Friday-Saturday, March 27-28 or
Friday-Saturday, April 3-4
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Vander

Re: Looking For Feedback On Chicago Live Drafts

Post by Vander » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:05 pm

For me April 3,4 is best. Easter has little impact and is actually better than the earlier weekend for baseball purposes as well as it works better for personal reasons. Thanks again for keeping Chicago alive.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Vander wrote:For me April 3,4 is best. Easter has little impact and is actually better than the earlier weekend for baseball purposes as well as it works better for personal reasons. Thanks again for keeping Chicago alive.
An email just went out to all Chicago drafters from last season. Please respond to that and we'll finalize the Windy City dates in the next week. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

wahooblue

Post by wahooblue » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:13 pm

March 27 and 28 works best for me due to kids and traveling during Easter weekend would be tough.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:00 am

Thanks for all the feedback from the Chicago owners on the draft date for 2015. The majority of owners who responded said they were in favor of drafting on the Second Weekend, which is Easter Weekend. As a result, we'll stick with the schedule on the Chicago team page and go with the Auction Championship on Friday, April 3rd and the Main Event and Primetime on Saturday, April 4th. Hope this gives everyone enough time to make their schedules work.

I will finalize a room block with the Sheraton for that weekend and post on the site. Thanks all and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Chicago Live Drafts Are Set For April 3-4

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:30 am

The Sheraton Northbrook has now set up a room block for our NFBC owners. Here's the information:

All NFBC owners can either call the central reservation line at 800-325-3535 and ask for STATS rate or they can book on line and use this code for the STATs rate : 10000145.

Good luck and enjoy the Sheraton Northbrook. If you need any further assistance let me know. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:31 pm

It's good to see some veteran NFBC owners coming back to our Main Event, especially in Chicago. Kelly Uganski will be drafting in Chicago for the first time as he's coming in from Michigan and it looks like Brent Grooms is coming back to the live drafts in the Windy City. It's good to have both veteran owners back with us in our signature event.

We have 10 owners in the Chicago Main Event and again we are shooting for at least 2 leagues here this year. Get in a guaranteed full league by jumping in now as the first 15 owners in Chicago, but either way we have room for you here. Here's a look at the current signup list for the Chicago Main Event:

CHICAGO
Sheraton Northbrook
1. Emo Bonaminio, Chicago, Illinois
2. Kim Dettmann, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
3. Dave Van Der Stuyf, Willow Springs, Illinois
4. Dave Geisinger, Brookfield, Illinois
5. Christopher Cosley, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
6. Gary Gelesh, Akron, Ohio
7. Kelly Uganski, Spring Lake, Michigan
8. Michael Makula, Chicago, Illinois
9. Vince Clemente, Elmhurst, Illinois
10. Brent Grooms, Atlanta, Georgia
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 am

It's so good to see another new entrant in the Main Event coming to our Chicago live event. Robbie Brown of Winona, Minnesota has played in our NFBC Online Championship and Satellite Leagues in the past, but this year he's coming to the Northbrook Sheraton for a spot in the Chicago Main Event. Glad to have him in our signature event and I'm sure the regulars in the Windy City will treat him well. Let's fill up these Main Events in Chicago and have a great day.

Here's a look at how things are shaping up in Chicago:

CHICAGO MAIN EVENT
Sheraton Northbrook
1. Emo Bonaminio, Chicago, Illinois
2. Kim Dettmann, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
3. Dave Van Der Stuyf, Willow Springs, Illinois
4. Dave Geisinger, Brookfield, Illinois
5. Christopher Cosley, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
6. Gary Gelesh, Akron, Ohio
7. Kelly Uganski, Spring Lake, Michigan
8. Michael Makula, Chicago, Illinois
9. Vince Clemente, Elmhurst, Illinois