Giancarlo "Don't Call Me Mike, Mutha" Stanton

Edwards Kings

Giancarlo "Don't Call Me Mike, Mutha" Stanton

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:55 am

You know the boards are dead when...

Miami signs Stanton for stupid money and not one peep here.

Now that George S. is no longer running the Bronx Bomber, the Marlins do not even have Yankees to bail them out. :roll:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Raskol

Re: Giancarlo "Don't Call Me Mike, Mutha" Stanton

Post by Raskol » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:01 am

You have to wonder if any team will be willing or able to take that contract from them. It is more back loaded than Kim Kardashian. :lol:
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

viper

Post by viper » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:21 am

A conspiracy person would suggest that the Marlin will go all out for three years to win it all. Then over the next three years, they will reduce themselves to a bad team for when the option year kick in. Even if MLB economics change more than expected over the next six year, this contract will hamper the Marlins beyond bringing up young, cheap players to fill out the roster. Of course, this is the standard Marlin way of doing things. Giancarlo had best save as much money as possible over these first six years because the $325M will only be achieved if he is willing to finish this contract with a bunch of low paid rookies or over-the-hill veterans. Of course, the $210M would help ease the pain.,

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:You know the boards are dead when...

Miami signs Stanton for stupid money and not one peep here.

Now that George S. is no longer running the Bronx Bomber, the Marlins do not even have Yankees to bail them out. :roll:
Yankees? Don't you mean the Blue Jays? Seemed like they bailed the Marlins out most recently.

The Yankees need someone to bail them out from their crappy contracts! A-Rod, CC, Tex ... jeez. A lot of money for not a lot of production. I'll reserve judgment, for now, on the Ellsbury and McCann contracts. Kind of amazing that the Yankees can have the type of payroll that they do and still have major holes at 2B (possibly Prado), 3B (ARod?), SS (?), RF (Chris Young?), and Starting Pitching. Plus, they have no backup 1B for when Tex inevitably gets hurt.

Can you tell I'm terribly optimistic for the coming season?

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"