It's Time for a "Fast/Slow" with Some Pros: The Sequel

Baseball Furies

It's Time for a "Fast/Slow" with Some Pros: The Sequel

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:27 am

Okay, for those of you who missed out on the one wrapping up shortly with me that started this past Saturday, I am starting this thread for the sequel. I am opening it up first to the guys who reached out to me either directly or on the other thread to give you guys the right of first refusal. I will start the list below. Please confirm or deny your participation. If after 24 hours, this one doesn't fill, I will start fielding requests and petitions from those of you who think you are worthy enough to hang with the big boys...and at the pace of around 10 rounds per day.

But here's the catch: If you were in the last one, you can't be in this one, too! :twisted: So only fresh meat need apply. And don't ask Greg, he has nothing to do with this...except counting the money I am again handing him. :mrgreen:

1) MTM
1) Dan Kenyon
2) Bill Cleavenger
3) Joe Anthony
4) Dan Semsel
5) KJ Duke
6) Marc Perlmutter
7) Mike Mager
8) Eric Albright
9) Emory Upchurch
10) Robert Zidonik
11) Shawn Childs
12) George Kleeman
13) Roger Martin
14) Mike Edelman
15) Ante Meich

If I missed anyone, my apologies. Okay so let's hear it. Who wants a piece of this action? 8-)
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

KJ Duke

Re: It's Time for a "Fast/Slow" with Some Pros: The Sequel

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:34 am

A friend of mine is interested. His name is JK Kude. I think he's Nigerian. He runs fast but drafts like shit.

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:39 am

Racing in Baton Rouge on Saturday so will have queues set up in very liberal fashion to keep the ballgame rolling
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

uky

Post by uky » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:29 am

IN
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

Cobb

Post by Cobb » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:41 am

Since you added me to the list already, I'll do it!
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:50 am

Cobb wrote:Since you added me to the list already, I'll do it!
Obnoxious, isn't he, Joe?
Or maybe he just knows us to well!
In.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

EA Sports

Post by EA Sports » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:53 am

In
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win" - Bobby Knight

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Mike Mager is in as well. He will post to this thread later. Love the enthusiastic responses! Keep 'em coming, boys! 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Mike Mager is in as well. He will post to this thread later. Love the enthusiastic responses! Keep 'em coming, boys! 8-)
Yes, count me in please! Thanks.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Okay, for those of you who missed out on the one wrapping up shortly with me that started this past Saturday, I am starting this thread for the sequel. I am opening it up first to the guys who reached out to me either directly or on the other thread to give you guys the right of first refusal. I will start the list below. Please confirm or deny your participation. If after 24 hours, this one doesn't fill, I will start fielding requests and petitions from those of you who think you are worthy enough to hang with the big boys...and at the pace of around 10 rounds per day.

But here's the catch: If you were in the last one, you can't be in this one, too! :twisted: So only fresh meat need apply. And don't ask Greg, he has nothing to do with this...except counting the money I am again handing him. :mrgreen:

1) MTM
1) Dan Kenyon
2) Bill Cleavenger
3) Joe Anthony
4) Dan Semsel
5) Jeff Dobies (still as yet M.I.A. and a puss)
6) Alan Greenberg (tentative)
7) Mike Mager
8) Eric Albright

If I missed anyone, my apologies. Okay so let's hear it. Who wants a piece of this action? 8-)

I just want the "Lowy" treatment! A little begging isn't beneath you Mikey! :-)

Cobb

Post by Cobb » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:31 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Cobb wrote:Since you added me to the list already, I'll do it!
Obnoxious, isn't he, Joe?
Or maybe he just knows us to well!
In.
Yes he is Dan! At least I got a text to warn me, maybe he is growing up...a little, baby steps like What About Bob! Looking forward to catching up with you buddy.
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:15 pm

ALL-IN JD wrote:I just want the "Lowy" treatment! A little begging isn't beneath you Mikey! :-)

Hey neighbor, are you sure you want the "Lowy" treatment from Mikey? Lest you forget, I'll remind you of a few of the ways Mikey's "begged" me in the past and convinced me to join previous drafts by comparing me to.....

...a feline,

...a waffle,

...an historical figure,

...and of course, who could forget comparing me to a ummm....well, let's just call this a pic of a man's man. :?

In fact, when texting me just this morning to see if I'd be interested in joining this very DC, he cajoled me with the kind, soft, and convincing words "This would be good prep that is much needed on your end after a season of rotting your brain on football." Ahh, good times.

Don't ask for the begging Jeff. Just say yes. It's actually safer on the ego. ;)

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:18 pm

I did see your name removed from the list neighbor so obviously you did not " Just Say Yes!!" ;-)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:58 pm

ALL-IN JD wrote:I did see your name removed from the list neighbor so obviously you did not " Just Say Yes!!" ;-)
Well, sequels are never as good as the original my friend. Some obvious examples are Ghostbusters II, Caddyshack II and of course the legendary and awful Godfather III.

Case in point for this draft....the original got the following "trailer"....

While this sequel got.....

Need I say more?

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Okay, for those of you who missed out on the one wrapping up shortly with me that started this past Saturday, I am starting this thread for the sequel. I am opening it up first to the guys who reached out to me either directly or on the other thread to give you guys the right of first refusal. I will start the list below. Please confirm or deny your participation. If after 24 hours, this one doesn't fill, I will start fielding requests and petitions from those of you who think you are worthy enough to hang with the big boys...and at the pace of around 10 rounds per day.

1) MTM
1) Dan Kenyon
2) Bill Cleavenger
3) Joe Anthony
4) Dan Semsel
5) Jeff Dobies (still as yet M.I.A. and a puss)
6) Alan Greenberg (tentative)
7) Mike Mager
8) Eric Albright

With such fine and excellent rookies involved, I'd love to take your money, err, I mean participate. Count me in!
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Excellent to have Mr. Emory Upchurch now on board and donating to this fine league of experts. :mrgreen: I am still waiting to hear back from a few of you as of yet. Please let me know directly, or post your intentions to this thread. Thanks. :D

And now, this bouncy interlude:

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:03 am

Baseball Furies wrote:Excellent to have Mr. Emory Upchurch now on board and donating to this fine league of experts. :mrgreen: I am still waiting to hear back from a few of you as of yet. Please let me know directly, or post your intentions to this thread. Thanks. :D

And now, this bouncy interlude:

I can't stop staring at this "thread" for some reason....
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:33 am

Just out of rehab....I'm more of a football guy, but I'll donate to this group if I can.

Please send me a cheat sheet to help my learning curve.

I'd rather be under an alias so I'll go by CC's Desperados.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:54 am

So two more quality NFBC veterans have just joined the fray! 8-) Jeff Tudor and Mr. Desperado's himself. This one just got a whole lot more interesting. :mrgreen: Let's bring this one home today so that we can be drafting by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Looking for a few more good men. Have calls out and waiting to hear back from a few of you. By tonight, I will potentially be opening this thing up to a few guppies if need be. :P

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:58 am

Baseball Furies wrote:So two more quality NFBC veterans have just joined the fray! 8-) Jeff Tudor and Mr. Desperado's himself. This one just got a whole lot more interesting. :mrgreen: Let's bring this one home today so that we can be drafting by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Looking for a few more good men. Have calls out and waiting to hear back from a few of you. By tonight, I will potentially be opening this thing up to a few guppies if need be. :P
We need Gekko, Jupinka, and Lindy in here.
The price of housing has already risen on this block!
Lets take it to that 'penthouse in the sky'.
On my tombstone-

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:34 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:So two more quality NFBC veterans have just joined the fray! 8-) Jeff Tudor and Mr. Desperado's himself. This one just got a whole lot more interesting. :mrgreen: Let's bring this one home today so that we can be drafting by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Looking for a few more good men. Have calls out and waiting to hear back from a few of you. By tonight, I will potentially be opening this thing up to a few guppies if need be. :P
We need Gekko, Jupinka, and Lindy in here.
The price of housing has already risen on this block!
Lets take it to that 'penthouse in the sky'.
To shamelessly build off of Glenn's analogy above, this could in fact be the rare sequel that meets or exceeds the original. Kind of like The Godfather Part II (no argument on Part III, about which the less said, the better). ;)

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 am

So we are now officially at 11 after some additions and subtractions for various and sundry reasons...with Dobies' main reason after all of his whining being his distinct lack of testicles. :lol: However, we are right there. I am now opening up the last four spots to anyone who participated in the first one of these that just wrapped up in the blinding pace of a little over four days and six hours! 8-) This is a new record, I believe. If you have never done one of these in five days or less with a committed and communicative group of owners who are fanatical and passionate about the game and love to play it without the bullshit, you will never want to do another one any other way...especially with the master facilitator on the job! :mrgreen: Looking forward to the sequel coming soon to a draft room near you!

And now back to our regularly scheduled bouncy programming...

And this public service announcement to Mr. Dobies:

:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 am

Aaaaaahhhh, you have to love that Mikey the Mouth and his MTM Charity!! After donating (from the goodness of his giant heart) at least 100K to the fantasy community over the last number of years he has finally found his calling. Rallying the troops to join his $125 Fast/Slows. Not only can he now be just as unprepared as everyone else (who know's, he might even win a league this way!) but his donation is a much smaller amount!!! :-):-):-)

Cheers Mikey and great job!! :-)

Rog

Post by Rog » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:11 am

The first one went so well.I would like to do it again

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:00 am

Alright, the first draft broke the old record of four and a half days. I think we can do this draft in four days or less.
Going by the original post and the addition of Roger... and Mikey almost not counting himself by giving himself the supreme (1) designation :D , we have 14 drafters.

Who wants to be the last drafter to....
Cheat off of Childs cheat sheets?
See what Cubs, Kleeman drafts?
Avoid being called out as a slow,crappy drafter by KJ?
Look at Mikey's team...everybody needs to laugh more, right?

Somebody text Mikey and tell him you'll be the last drafter.
You'll be glad you did...
On my tombstone-