Snail Draft #40

CALI CARTEL

Snail Draft #40

Post by CALI CARTEL » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Slow Draft #40 has turned into Snail Draft #40. We've only completed 51 picks in 49.5 hours. We are into Day 3 of the draft and more than half the teams have yet to pick their 4th player.

So for those of you complaining about your draft that is only doing 40 picks a day, just be glad you aren't in this fiasco.

Bama

Re: Snail Draft #40

Post by Bama » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Is it one or 2 owners or just everybody contributing to this fiasco. IF its one or 2 call them out. Think thats the only way for some of these guys to quit wasting 14 other peoples time in these drafts.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:57 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:Slow Draft #40 has turned into Snail Draft #40. We've only completed 51 picks in 49.5 hours. We are into Day 3 of the draft and more than half the teams have yet to pick their 4th player.

So for those of you complaining about your draft that is only doing 40 picks a day, just be glad you aren't in this fiasco.
That is incredibly slow. Even with a random grouping of owners and no "expert facilitation," you still should be averaging a solid three rounds per day minimum if folks are conscientious. In comparison, in MTM's last fast/slow, we completed all 50 rounds (750 picks) in less than 48.5 hours. While that was extreme on the fast side, Draft #40 sounds extreme on the slow side. Perhaps a "rally the troops" email to the other owners would spur things along? Offer to collect cell numbers and text folks when there turn is up if they cannot follow the progress of the draft? If it only is one or two owners slowing it down for everyone else, perhaps Greg or Tom could speak with them? Good luck.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Bama wrote:Is it one or 2 owners or just everybody contributing to this fiasco. IF its one or 2 call them out. Think thats the only way for some of these guys to quit wasting 14 other peoples time in these drafts.
There appears to be a group of 3-4 usual suspects, but only 3.5 rounds in, it's hard to be sure if it's just those guys or a larger number.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:21 pm

I posted in that league message board and will watch this one. If we need to make some calls or emails we will. 24 picks a day is slower than we'd like and getting through 2-3 rounds is more preferred. We'll keep an eye on this one.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Latest update. We have had 112 picks in about 82 hours. So the pace has picked up a bit. Thanks Greg.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

Bama

Post by Bama » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Daren E wrote:Latest update. We have had 112 picks in about 82 hours. So the pace has picked up a bit. Thanks Greg.

That's still a 23 day pace which is pretty awful.

Corleone

Post by Corleone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Well after a pretty successful weekend we are back to glacier mode in this DC. A couple of owners are apparently unable to grasp the concept of one round auto picking and a player queue to be used when you can't or won't visit the draft room for 6 hours in the middle of the day/evening. Insulting and disrespectful.

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:02 pm

Ok I will usually not post too much about such things but this one deserves it. I can understand if somebody's at work or driving and can't check for awhile. I can even understand if an owner doesn't want to AP if they are more than a couple picks away - I'm an admitted offender of that one. However, when somebody is on the clock and comes into the draft room while on the clock and then leaves without picking - that should be an automatic penalty of some sort - or at least a stern scolding from Greg or Tom. One guy even did that in this draft and then posted a chat message and then left without picking and then didn't come back for 3 or 4 more hours. The stalling on purpose when you were in the draft room while on the clock is uncalled for. Those people should be banned from all future nfbc leagues.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

Corleone

Post by Corleone » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:47 am

Daren E wrote:Ok I will usually not post too much about such things but this one deserves it. I can understand if somebody's at work or driving and can't check for awhile. I can even understand if an owner doesn't want to AP if they are more than a couple picks away - I'm an admitted offender of that one. However, when somebody is on the clock and comes into the draft room while on the clock and then leaves without picking - that should be an automatic penalty of some sort - or at least a stern scolding from Greg or Tom. One guy even did that in this draft and then posted a chat message and then left without picking and then didn't come back for 3 or 4 more hours. The stalling on purpose when you were in the draft room while on the clock is uncalled for. Those people should be banned from all future nfbc leagues.
Agreed. The guy you are referring to not only comes/goes without making picks, he mockingly replies 'who?' on the message board when owners comment about it. As if he doesn't know it is him we are complaining about. He's purposely being an ass at this point.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 am

Daren E wrote:Ok I will usually not post too much about such things but this one deserves it. I can understand if somebody's at work or driving and can't check for awhile. I can even understand if an owner doesn't want to AP if they are more than a couple picks away - I'm an admitted offender of that one. However, when somebody is on the clock and comes into the draft room while on the clock and then leaves without picking - that should be an automatic penalty of some sort - or at least a stern scolding from Greg or Tom. One guy even did that in this draft and then posted a chat message and then left without picking and then didn't come back for 3 or 4 more hours. The stalling on purpose when you were in the draft room while on the clock is uncalled for. Those people should be banned from all future nfbc leagues.
I will reach out to this owner and the two owners who seem to be slowing this league down. Hopefully it helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:49 am

Corleone wrote:
Agreed. The guy you are referring to not only comes/goes without making picks, he mockingly replies 'who?' on the message board when owners comment about it. As if he doesn't know it is him we are complaining about. He's purposely being an ass at this point.
We have something similar in Draft 37. Where are you guys currently?

Pitch12

Post by Pitch12 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:34 am

When does the season start again?

Corleone

Post by Corleone » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:44 pm

mdecav wrote:
Corleone wrote:
We have something similar in Draft 37. Where are you guys currently?
We are nearing the end, round 44 now

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:10 pm

You guys passed us. We are on round 42 and the sociopath refuses to make a pick. We are six hours into his choice and he continues to argue in the chat room.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:30 pm

mdecav wrote:You guys passed us. We are on round 42 and the sociopath refuses to make a pick. We are six hours into his choice and he continues to argue in the chat room.
Greg and Tom, not only is this completely unacceptable but an egregious affront to the 99.5% of your quality paying customer base that is being forced to endure this type of behavior. You run this company and you call the shots, and sometimes the shots to be called are in the realm of "the greatest good for the greatest number" and with the philosophy of "addition by subtraction." Just because some asshole throws down a 150 bucks, doesn't give him the right to hold 14 other people hostage, ruin their fun, and destroy your brand's reputation with the bad public relations that shit like this generates (not to mention potential the lost business). There should be a definitive code of conduct for these drafts with consequences if violated such as immediate removal from the league. Stop the draft. Refund the asshole's money, and then let the first one of us who would like the opportunity to do so, to step in and take over the team for the rest of the draft and add it to our contests free of charge for doing so. It's a loss leader that would be well worth every penny. Hell, I would personally volunteer to be on stand by for the entire draft season to jump in and take over in these instances just for the sake of all us. You could even have a standby list with a couple of us on it before the DC season started which would make this a quick and easy fix. Please do something about this. It is happening far too often this season, and setting a bad precedent for the new-comers especially. Either be a good citizen of this community, or how do we say it where I come from, "Fuck off!" I'm sure you guys can come up with more diplomatic language however when you handle it, but the time for diplomacy in this case has passed...
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Mike just to let you know...

The guy who I've referred to (I will not name names) has very, very serious issues. After about a week-plus of this crap we've had to deal with, on a dime he recanted and apologized to the league earlier this evening and will now use autopick. I honestly have no idea if he's serious or if he's messing with us.

Secondarily, we have a second owner who is also taking 4+ hours each pick, but he does not use the chat room and even after I've sent him an email has not replied.

I'll be glad when this one's over. We are in round 43 and we started Jan. 17.

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Holy schnikies! We're in round 37 and started Thursday last.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 pm

mdecav wrote:Mike just to let you know...

The guy who I've referred to (I will not name names) has very, very serious issues. After about a week-plus of this crap we've had to deal with, on a dime he recanted and apologized to the league earlier this evening and will now use autopick. I honestly have no idea if he's serious or if he's messing with us.

Secondarily, we have a second owner who is also taking 4+ hours each pick, but he does not use the chat room and even after I've sent him an email has not replied.

I'll be glad when this one's over. We are in round 43 and we started Jan. 17.

I heard from one owner after our draft was over and he said he drafts by cell phone so never looks at chat. Also he has the email from NFBC go to an account he rarely looks at because it's like 750 spam messages to him.

Might be the same guy by the sounds of it. I don't remember his name,

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

ikenbaseball

Post by ikenbaseball » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:58 pm

I'm in Snail Draft #61......it's 12:58am in friday morning.....it's been a full 24 hours since I last made a pick in this draft AND i still have 2 owners in front of me that i'm waiting on to pick before it's my turn. I'm past the point of anger.

Krys