The Fourth Annual Live MTM Super Event: Friday 4/3/15 in NYC

Baseball Furies

The Fourth Annual Live MTM Super Event: Friday 4/3/15 in NYC

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:54 am

With the calendar rapidly turning to February and the official end of football season upon us with the advent of the Super Bowl next Sunday (thank God :roll: ), we can all now begin turning our attention to something besides the idiocy of "Deflategate"...which I have to admit has been far more entertaining than the majority of football games I watched this year. :P I mean, what does it say about a professional sport that will draw the majority of its national audience next week to watch the commercials and the half-time show, which last I checked, have nothing to do with the fucking game!. :shock: And you can be sure as shit there will be untold insufferable hours leading up the big event discussing Tom Brady's balls ad nauseam, but I digress.

Back again with a vengeance this year will be the Live MTM Super Event at the NYC venue where both seasoned veterans of the original New York Metropolitan League and fresh meat will again convene to lock horns for bragging rights, annual possession of the spectacular piece of hardware that is the league champion's trophy, and also the $20,000 first prize. 8-) The festivities will feature much fun and plenty of laughs with a little intermittent bloodshed mixed in both before and after the draft as egos and pride of all involved are sure to be bruised along the way with the roasting of the competitors which is always a necessary part of the evening.

We will also be crowning a third different champion in three years, as Joe "Showtime" Thelen took home the hardware this past season by edging out John "I've Got Inches" Lemke by three points after a hard fought battle until the end with the rest of the league sucking wind 24 or more points behind the top two finishers. Most of Joe's fellow competitors made the mistake of not taking the old man seriously again this year as he is usually caught drifting off to sleep at the draft table between picks as people of his advanced years are often prone to do. Now I don't want to be too rough on the guy, but the following things weren't even around or invented yet when Thelen was born:

Well, you get the idea. He's fucking old! :lol: I will be looking forward to ceding the trophy to him in April that has been proudly displayed in my home this past year as the 2013 league champion.

As per usual, I have spared no expense and gone all out on behalf of the participants of this elite league. There will again be special league favors, snacks, and customized parting gifts. We will have our own private room for the draft at the Hilton, and music and beverages should accompany the festivities. This year's big news however, is the celebrity draft facilitators who I have manged to secure!. Fresh off his award at the FSTA conference this year and returning to call the draft again will be Sirius XM's own Adam Ronis of the RotoExperts in the morning show. I have asked him to add his own unique commentary and assessment of our picks throughout the draft to spice things up, which should make for an even more enjoyable draft experience for all. And while I'm on the subject of spicing things up, I have also managed to secure one additional special guest draft facilitator who will be joining Mr. Ronis to add her special "talents" and insights to the draft while assisting Adam and the rest of us anyway she can. ;) :mrgreen:

Now in the past, this draft has featured the former, three-time Ms. Figure Olympia Champion, Davana Medina as our celebrity draft facilitator...Just a reminder in case anyone forgot, this was her:

Not too shabby, eh? :D

Well this year, thanks to Mr. Ronis' connections and whatever else he had to do which I really don't want to know about, we will be joined by none other than adult film star, Lisa Ann, of the Lisa Ann Does Fantasy show on Sirius XM! Now before anyone gets too excited, she's there to do the draft and none of you. You think I have that kind of money?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Here's a couple of pics for you to wet your whistles:

Now, I have to say that it just took me about 20 minutes on line trying to find images that were suitable enough for posting on this thread. But if you would like to get a real eyeful (no pun intended :mrgreen: ), feel free to Google Lisa Ann for yourself. You can return to your reading of this post at a later time. Although if Thelen Google's her, we may not see him back this year after all because he's risking another coronary. :P But needless to say, her presence should make for an interesting time and for some photo ops for all. 8-)

We will also again be having our traditional post draft steak dinner to be held at Rosie O'Grady's immediately after the draft as we did last year. All participants of both the MTM Super and the $2500 Auction are welcome as they were last year, and to bring along their significant other if they would like. From what I saw, Lisa Ann does enjoy her meat, so I'm sure that she will be joining us as well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Sorry, couldn't resist.

So who is in for this great event? The sign-up list to date is posted below, and I would like to give the right of first refusal to last year's returning competitors, so please register for this event with Greg ASAP. This event will fill up fast and I do not want to wait until the last minute to finalize my plans for the league waiting for people to jump on board who would like to return again this year.

The 2015 MTM Super Competitors List

1. Marc Perlmutter (2012 Champion)
2. Mike Massotto (2013 Champion)
3. Joe Thelen (2014 Champion)
4. Mike Edelman
5. Eddie Gillis
6. Philip Bachner (2nd year)
7. Matthew Modica (Rookie)
8. Larry Lensak
9. Andre Bourcier
10. John Lemke
11. Gaetan Lavoie
12. Andy Saxton/Steve Jupinka
13. Scott Fleming (tentative)
14. Patrick Gallagher

From the looks of the field so far, this is sure to be another good one! 8-)
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

CC's Desperados

Re: The Fourth Annual Live MTM Super Event: Friday 4/3/15 in

Post by CC's Desperados » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 pm

I guess the MTM followers are afraid to post in this thread as repeated trolling may lead to more single male FANTASY's.

This event needs to shift to the Vegas to replace the long lost Fisher party.

Dennis would turn from being a the best right hand man in the game to prolific drafter.....

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Although I'm not in NYC that weekend in the future it would be great if the MTM Super and the $2500 Auction be scheduled at different times as I'd like to be in both. Just an FYI for 2016.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:37 pm

mdecav wrote:Although I'm not in NYC that weekend in the future it would be great if the MTM Super and the $2500 Auction be scheduled at different times as I'd like to be in both. Just an FYI for 2016.
You read my mind. The MtM Super is a blast. I was coerced into the inaugural event, but didn't regret joining one bit. Great league, great competition, and Mikey does a great job making sure everyone involved has a great time. Wow, that's a lot of greats. Plus the higher annual ROI for this league due to Mikey's participation doesn't hurt. ;)

My auction addiction is the only thing that keeps me from joining again due to the conflict with the NYC Super Auction.

Run them at different times and I'd join both if at all possible.

To anyone thinking about what to do in the Big City on a Friday night in March, joining this Super would be an option well worth exploring.

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Same here, would definitely do both.

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
mdecav wrote:Although I'm not in NYC that weekend in the future it would be great if the MTM Super and the $2500 Auction be scheduled at different times as I'd like to be in both. Just an FYI for 2016.
You read my mind. The MtM Super is a blast. I was coerced into the inaugural event, but didn't regret joining one bit. Great league, great competition, and Mikey does a great job making sure everyone involved has a great time. Wow, that's a lot of greats. Plus the higher annual ROI for this league due to Mikey's participation doesn't hurt. ;)

My auction addiction is the only thing that keeps me from joining again due to the conflict with the NYC Super Auction.

Run them at different times and I'd join both if at all possible.

To anyone thinking about what to do in the Big City on a Friday night in March, joining this Super would be an option well worth exploring.

Same here , as the $2500 Auction is my #1 league, Was in the inaugural MTM Super also and had a blast. But can't do 2 super at the same time, I almost tried it 2 years ago and it would have been a mistake. Maybe next year we can find a way to move the time of one of these traditions. If In town on Friday night draft in the MTM , but wear your seatbelt

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 pm

CC's Desperados wrote:I guess the MTM followers are afraid to post in this thread as repeated trolling may lead to more single male FANTASY's.

Dennis would turn from being a the best right hand man in the game to prolific drafter.....
Shawn, I was actually hoping that you would chime in on this thread. I'm sure that you have nothing better to do than to finally breakdown and grace us with your presence and join us for the competition this year. You have both the time and the money at your disposal, and you have dodged us long enough. No excuses. I'll buy you dinner after we're done kicking your ass in the draft to make you feel better if you come down off your high horse and sign up...although we may lose a few of those already registered due to the fear factor that accompany's you wherever you go. :P :lol:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:59 pm

CC's Desperados wrote:I guess the MTM followers are afraid to post in this thread as repeated trolling may lead to more single male FANTASY's.

Add me to the list for MTM's Vegas Super. That sounds like a natural doesn't it ?

p.s. I'd stick with Davana ... or maybe a double-team in honor of the Fishers.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 am

Thanks Roy,Glenn, Ante, and all who have inquired about the event. Yes it does suck that several of the inaugural competitors and others who would like to compete in this contest are unable to due to the conflict with the $2500 auction that has been backed up against this event ever since the league's first season. I agree wholeheartedly that the MTM Super should be scheduled exclusively on a date and time that makes it accessible to all who would like to participate in it and still have the ability to do the auction or other events as well. Hopefully this dilemma will be avoided in the coming years.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:36 am

KJ Duke wrote:

Add me to the list for MTM's Vegas Super. That sounds like a natural doesn't it ?

p.s. I'd stick with Davana ... or maybe a double-team in honor of the Fishers.
Now you got me thinking! I will start now on the plans for next year in Vegas. :mrgreen:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 am

I'm all for having people doing both the $2,500 Auction and the Super. I've never been opposed to that. The issue is trying to make both leagues work on the same day once we eliminated Atlantic City from our schedule. The Super was typically held that week so there was never a conflict with this particular league until we went with one week of events in New York.

We have people playing in both the 10 am auction and the $2,500 auction and I want to give them enough time between contests so they don't feel like they're being rushed from one league to the other. Given that, I don't think we could move the $2,500 auction's start any earlier than 4 pm ET. But even if we went with a 4 pm start I don't think we could get an auction done in 3-31/2 hours so everyone has time to recoup and get ready for the Super at 8 pm ET.

The logical plan in my opinion going forward would be to switch one of the leagues to Saturday night after the Main Event. That would allow anyone to play in both if they wanted. I'm definitely open to ideas so bring 'em on and let's see if we can figure something out. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:42 am

Baseball Furies wrote:Thanks Roy,Glenn, Ante, and all who have inquired about the event. Yes it does suck that several of the inaugural competitors and others who would like to compete in this contest are unable to due to the conflict with the $2500 auction that has been backed up against this event ever since the league's first season. I agree wholeheartedly that the MTM Super should be scheduled exclusively on a date and time that makes it accessible to all who would like to participate in it and still have the ability to do the auction or other events as well. Hopefully this dilemma will be avoided in the coming years.
Well, let's make it all work in New York City if at all possible. We've always had the New York Auctions at 10 am and 5 pm ET on Friday and then we added the MTM Super on Friday night. We've talked about moving the MTM Super to Saturday night to cap off a great weekend, but that doesn't seem to work with everyone. So maybe we discuss moving the $2500 Auction up an hour, but obviously it's already full and would need some discussing with those folks.

Our auctions are now programmed to include all dollar values when a player is bought and remaining dollars are posted immediately after the pick is made. We used the electronic boards with auction values in football and it cut off a lot of time for the auctions. In fact, we did the NFFC Super 14-Team Auction in just under 3 hours. I'm not trying to push the $2500 Auction to a quicker finish, but I do believe the setup we have now (HD Projectors as well) will really help the live auctions move along more quickly. I'm not saying we'd be done in 4 hours, but we'd be closer if the times were 4 and 8 pm. And there's no doubt in my mind that the MTM Super will also get done more quickly with the live draft setup we have.

Just a thought if it helps at all. Again, maybe that's for the future, but I don't think we need 7 hours inbetween the two auctions and maybe that would help things in New York, maybe even this year.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:46 am

If there are people in the $2,500 auction who would do the Super if we pushed the auction start time back to 4 pm let me know and I'll reach out to everyone in the auction league to see if they would all agree to the earlier start time. We definitely want to figure out a way to make this work so let me know and we'll figure it out. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:51 am

Tom,
Will they kick you out of the room at any point that night? IE...if you started the Mtm at 815 or 830....is that a big deal?

my guess is the people in both.....will want a few minutes in between drafts and i dont see any way the 4 pm auction ends before 8.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 am

76erfan wrote:Tom,
Will they kick you out of the room at any point that night? IE...if you started the Mtm at 815 or 830....is that a big deal?

my guess is the people in both.....will want a few minutes in between drafts and i dont see any way the 4 pm auction ends before 8.
That's the issue Andy. You did 14-team auctions in the NFFC with the new software so you could provide some insight into how quickly you think a 15-team auction could go. Staying late isn't an issue on my end but Mike typically has dinner reservations for the group after the Super so there's likely a specific time he'll be shooting for to end the draft.

Like I said, I'm not against doing everything on the same day and never have been. But when we eliminated Atlantic City and moved the Super to the New York week that meant there would be a potential conflict if it remained on Friday. Ideally, I think the best plan for the future would be to have the Super on Saturday night after the Main Event. That would give it the exclusivity Mike has asked for and eliminate any conflict with those also competing in the $2,500 auction league.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:12 am

for football...we did 230 auction....6 pm prime and 8 pm super.....

auction went right up to 6...and that was with 20 rounds times 14 teams so 280 players. 15 team auction is 345 auctioned players and 105 players in snake draft.

I would say 830 would be your start time.

Mike would have to see how late Rosie's kitchen is open....to see if that would work....if not there are other restaurants in the area that have kitchens open til 3.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:02 am

Larry Lensak is returning to the MTM Super League, leaving us with ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT. Good job all and let's fill this one up:

NEW YORK MTM SUPER - 15 TEAMS
New York Hilton
Friday, April 3, 8 pm ET
1. Matthew Modica, Chicago, Illinois
2. Joe Thelen, Garden City, New York
3. Mike Massotto, Livingston, New Jersey
4. Eddie Gillis, Jamestown, Rhode Island
5. Marc Perlmutter, Chappaqua, New York
6. Philip Bachner, West Hempstead, New York
7. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
8. Larry Lensak, Wayne, New Jersey
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Like many have stated, I would be in both the $2500 auction and MTM if they were spread out.

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:22 pm

would 100% do both if spread out next year...... :)
jody ryan

Brock

Post by Brock » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:43 pm

My experience from NYC auction drafts the last 2 years is that they typically take 5 to 5 1/2 hours. I'm not trying to be a party pooper but even starting the $2500 auction at 4 would take us to 9 or later. Factor in a small break and it's conceivable that Mikey's league would start somewhere around 10. I think many of us in the auction would like to draft in the MTM but maybe another day would be better.

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:Thanks Roy,Glenn, Ante, and all who have inquired about the event. Yes it does suck that several of the inaugural competitors and others who would like to compete in this contest are unable to due to the conflict with the $2500 auction that has been backed up against this event ever since the league's first season. I agree wholeheartedly that the MTM Super should be scheduled exclusively on a date and time that makes it accessible to all who would like to participate in it and still have the ability to do the auction or other events as well. Hopefully this dilemma will be avoided in the coming years.
Well, let's make it all work in New York City if at all possible. We've always had the New York Auctions at 10 am and 5 pm ET on Friday and then we added the MTM Super on Friday night. We've talked about moving the MTM Super to Saturday night to cap off a great weekend, but that doesn't seem to work with everyone. So maybe we discuss moving the $2500 Auction up an hour, but obviously it's already full and would need some discussing with those folks.

Our auctions are now programmed to include all dollar values when a player is bought and remaining dollars are posted immediately after the pick is made. We used the electronic boards with auction values in football and it cut off a lot of time for the auctions. In fact, we did the NFFC Super 14-Team Auction in just under 3 hours. I'm not trying to push the $2500 Auction to a quicker finish, but I do believe the setup we have now (HD Projectors as well) will really help the live auctions move along more quickly. I'm not saying we'd be done in 4 hours, but we'd be closer if the times were 4 and 8 pm. And there's no doubt in my mind that the MTM Super will also get done more quickly with the live draft setup we have.

Just a thought if it helps at all. Again, maybe that's for the future, but I don't think we need 7 hours inbetween the two auctions and maybe that would help things in New York, maybe even this year.

Greg, The Electronic boards keeping track of money spent will definitely help speed up the auction drafts. But the HD Projectors that were use last year were very hard to see, a lot of glare. Much easier if player bring their own laptops and follow draft from their laptop. player next to me had it set up this way last year at main event and board was clear as day on laptop. Think for next years , move early Auction draft up to 9:00A.M. , will be done by 2:00. Start $2500 Auction at 2:30, will be done by 7:30. MTM Super starts at 8:00. THE ULTIMATE Draft DAY NY STYLE - The Draft Marathon . Tom and you are buying the pizza between drafts.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 am

Roy's Outlaws wrote: Greg, The Electronic boards keeping track of money spent will definitely help speed up the auction drafts. But the HD Projectors that were use last year were very hard to see, a lot of glare. Much easier if player bring their own laptops and follow draft from their laptop. player next to me had it set up this way last year at main event and board was clear as day on laptop. Think for next years , move early Auction draft up to 9:00A.M. , will be done by 2:00. Start $2500 Auction at 2:30, will be done by 7:30. MTM Super starts at 8:00. THE ULTIMATE Draft DAY NY STYLE - The Draft Marathon . Tom and you are buying the pizza between drafts.
Roy, those weren't HD projectors last year. We will use the new HD projector that we just bought for this league and we've even lightened the stickers from last year while improving the resolution to make the squares a little bigger. Sure, bring your own iPads to have the boards right in front of you. I'd recommend that whether we were doing stickers or the projector screen, but I think you will see an improvement this year.

We will do whatever it takes to give you guys what you want in New York City. If it's three events spread out over the day, we'll do it. But we feel we can do even more on Saturdays in the Big Apple. All is good and I think this year these drafts and auctions will move in a good speed.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 am

Mikey is reeling them in for this one and we now have ONLY 6 SPOTS LEFT!! There are a couple of owners who are tentative for this one, so we're getting closer. This is the actual list of owners who have confirmed to date and who will be in New York City with us on Friday night. Sign up online or contact me or Mike to secure your spot for this great private league. Here's the current signup list:

New York Hilton
Friday, April 3, 8 pm ET
9. Andre Bourcier, Horseshoe Bay, Texas
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:45 pm

NOW ONLY 5 SPOTS LEFT in the MTM Super League in New York City on Friday, April 3rd at 8 pm ET. John Lemke cashed in about every league he was in last year and he's happy to return to this group in 2015. John's definitely in and we have a couple of other drafters who are close to signing up as well. Good job all.

Here's a look at the current signup list. Sign up soon or you'll be left out of this great private league:

New York Hilton
Friday, April 3, 8 pm ET
9. Andre Bourcier, Horseshoe Bay, Texas
10. John Lemke, Brooklyn, New York
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:35 pm

NOW ONLY 4 SPOTS LEFT in the MTM Super League in New York City on Friday, April 3rd at 8 pm ET. Mikey is bringing in last year's members and we are now another step closer to filling this league out. We're happy to have Gaetan Lavoie back with us for a second season in New York City as he's also heading to Las Vegas on the First Weekend. Great dedication here Gaetan. Great to have so many people back from last year.

We're getting closer to a full league. Check out the current signup list here:

New York Hilton
Friday, April 3, 8 pm ET