FREE Insurance For Mains If You Pay By Check

Greg Ambrosius

FREE Insurance For Mains If You Pay By Check

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:44 am

As Tom noted on a separate thread, we will start to charge for the Main Event, NFBC Primetime and NFBC Auction Championship starting on Feb. 19th. You can sign up before then to secure your spot and we won't charge you for this until Feb. 19th. Secure your spots now and look forward to a great, great season ahead.

Just a heads up that we do offer a great FREE Insurance program through Fantasy Sports Insurance for those who pay for the three events above by check or money order. We do this as a service to our customers who save us a little money on credit card charges, but it's also turned out well for our customers. Over the last two years, there have been so many injuries that at least some tough injuries can pay off a little bit for our customers. If one of your insured players goes on the DL for 60+ days you will win 20 percent of your entry fee. It doesn't erase the pain of that injury, but at least it eases it a little bit.

Over the last two years, FSI has definitely paid more in payments to NFBC members than we've paid into them. They continue to be a supporter of this format and we thank FSI for doing this with the NFBC and NFFC. Take advantage of this if you can because it helps us and it could help you.

Here's the link to this promotion along with the information on this page. If you originally signed up with a credit card, but want to pay via check or money order please contact Tom at [email protected]. Thanks all and enjoy.

http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/insurance.asp

Fantasy Sports Insurance

A Fantasy Sports Insurance policy for one player is available FREE to each team owner who pays by check for the NFBC Main Event, the NFBC Auction Championship and the NFBC Primetime Championship provided that your payment is received by the due date. This insurance policy is courtesy of the NFBC and FantasySportsInsurance.com.

Here's how Fantasy Sports Insurance (FSI) works:

Designate one player who is on your team and on the Top 100 list provided by FantasySportsInsurance.com for your insurance policy. If that player spends at least 60 days on the disabled list due to an injury in 2015, you will receive payment from FantasySportsInsurance.com for:
League Insurance Amount
NFBC Main Event $320
NFBC Primetime $300
NFBC Auction Championship $240

Last year when this offer was in place for the NFBC, team owners were able to cash in their insurance policies for the following players:

Troy Tulowitzki
Ryan Zimmerman
Prince Fielder
Matt Cain
Jose Fernandez
Joey Votto
Cliff Lee
Carlos Gonzalez
Carlos Beltran
Bryce Harper
Anibal Sanchez

After you have selected the player who you want to insure, you need to email Greg ([email protected]) the name of the player and the league it's for by April 6. FSI will then send out a Certificate of Insurance with details of the insurance policy and the associated coverage. Claims will be paid within 60 days of the end of the MLB regular season.

"We are excited to have the opportunity to work alongside NFBC to offer Fantasy Sports Insurance (FSI) for the 2015 MLB fantasy season," said Henry Olszewski, sales, executive at Fantasy Sports Insurance. "Offering FSI to NFBC participants is a fantastic opportunity for us to provide financial peace of mind against that unforeseen, season changing injury. Lessen the blow of losing your key player. Plan...Protect...Play"

NFBC team owners also will have the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for their teams' players through FantasySportsInsurance.com if they draft more than just one injury-riddled player. For those owners, there is a policy for two players who spend a total of 90 days on the DL list and even a policy for three players who spend a total of 115 days on the DL.

Here is the list of 100 players you can insure for free if you paid for the NFBC Main Event, Primetime or Auction Championship this season. Just email your insured player for any or all of these teams that you paid cash, check or money order for to [email protected]. Thanks and let's hope for good health this year.

We are pleased to offer Fantasy Sports Insurance to the 2015 NFBC participants!!

2015 FSI Eligible Players:
Mike Trout
Jacoby Ellsbury
Aroldis Chapman
David Robertson
Giancarlo Stanton
Josh Donaldson
Evan Longoria
Matt Holliday
Andrew McCutchen
Michael Brantley
Jason Kipnis
Evan Gattis
Miguel Cabrera
Madison Bumgarner
Prince Fielder
Carlos Santana
Paul Goldschmidt
Jose Reyes
Joey Votto
Jason Heyward
Clayton Kershaw
Johnny Cueto
Matt Kemp
Chris Carter
Carlos Gomez
Bryce Harper
Brian Dozier
Alex Cobb
Jose Abreu
Stephen Strasburg
Kyle Seager
Jay Bruce
Jose Bautista
Carlos Gonzalez
Billy Hamilton
Dustin Pedroia
Felix Hernandez
Justin Upton
Craig Kimbrel
Matt Carpenter
Anthony Rizzo
Adrian Gonzalez
David Ortiz
Julio Teheran
Troy Tulowitzki
Ryan Braun
Starlin Castro
Christian Yelich
Edwin Encarnacion
Adam Wainwright
Jeff Samardzija
Daniel Murphy
Robinson Cano
Starling Marte
David Wright
Salvador Perez
Buster Posey
Ian Kinsler
Dee Gordon
Marcell Ozuna
Adam Jones
Chris Davis
Cole Hamels
Gio Gonzalez
Jose Altuve
Corey Dickerson
Alexei Ramirez
Mark Trumbo
Max Scherzer
Albert Pujols
Nelson Cruz
Sonny Gray
Adrian Beltre
Jonathan Lucroy
James Shields
Kolten Wong
Yasiel Puig
Zack Greinke
Kole Calhoun
Neil Walker
Ian Desmond
George Springer
Matt Harvey
Eric Hosmer
Hanley Ramirez
Jon Lester
Greg Holland
Yan Gomes
Freddie Freeman
Yoenis Cespedes
Devin Mesoraco
Alex Wood
Corey Kluber
Todd Frazier
Nolan Arenado
Brett Gardner
David Price
Jordan Zimmermann
Alex Gordon
Yadier Molina

Please contact Greg Ambrosius for coverage eligibility at [email protected].

If you wish to purchase additional coverage on your NFBC player or additional players please contact Henry Olszewski: Email: [email protected] Phone: 631-421-2424 ext. 300
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fwicker

Re: FREE Insurance For Mains If You Pay By Check

Post by fwicker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 am

Does this apply to Supers as well?
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:43 am

fwicker wrote:Does this apply to Supers as well?
Not for the Supers, Ultimates, Diamonds or Platinums. We've asked everyone to pay by check or money order for those and built in additional prizes as a result. Hope that helps.

And I apologize for having the list wrong above. Josh Hamilton wasn't on the list of players who paid out. He missed a lot of games, but not quite enough on the DL. Sorry about that.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:21 pm

As a revenue stream, STATS should think about expanding this.

I'd be willing to pay for what is in essence a CDS contract on baseball players so I can hedge if I so chose.

Brock

Post by Brock » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks for posting that Greg. I feel much better now.

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Still a double standard , NYC $2500 auction is part of the auction championship , auction championship teams are eligible for insurance. But not Super teams ???????

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Still a double standard , NYC $2500 auction is part of the auction championship , auction championship teams are eligible for insurance. But not Super teams ???????
Sure Roy, if you pay for the $2500 Auction Championship in NY by check, I'll give you the insurance. Goes for everyone in this league. We've moved the price to accommodate a higher-priced auction league while still having a shot at the $20,000 as most have requested and we've kept league prizes higher for you, but we'll give insurance too because it's not a Super League. Pay by check and yeah, we'll do it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:04 am

Since I am the kiss of death to so many players, I am in. I will send Tom an email.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:59 pm

I plan on mailing my checks this weekend. I'm sure it's somewhere close, but can you provide the address to STATS we should send the check? Thanks.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Ando wrote:I plan on mailing my checks this weekend. I'm sure it's somewhere close, but can you provide the address to STATS we should send the check? Thanks.
Yup, here you go. Make the check out to STATS LLC and send it to:

STATS LLC
Attn: NFBC Accounting
2775 Shermer Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:14 pm

If you're still planning to sign up and pay by check be sure to select the Pay By Check option. That way your card will not be charged and you can take advantage of this promotion. Thanks. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:15 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:As Tom noted on a separate thread, we will start to charge for the Main Event, NFBC Primetime and NFBC Auction Championship starting on Feb. 19th. You can sign up before then to secure your spot and we won't charge you for this until Feb. 19th. Secure your spots now and look forward to a great, great season ahead.

Just a heads up that we do offer a great FREE Insurance program through Fantasy Sports Insurance for those who pay for the three events above by check or money order. We do this as a service to our customers who save us a little money on credit card charges, but it's also turned out well for our customers. Over the last two years, there have been so many injuries that at least some tough injuries can pay off a little bit for our customers. If one of your insured players goes on the DL for 60+ days you will win 20 percent of your entry fee. It doesn't erase the pain of that injury, but at least it eases it a little bit.

Over the last two years, FSI has definitely paid more in payments to NFBC members than we've paid into them. They continue to be a supporter of this format and we thank FSI for doing this with the NFBC and NFFC. Take advantage of this if you can because it helps us and it could help you.

Here's the link to this promotion along with the information on this page. If you originally signed up with a credit card, but want to pay via check or money order please contact Tom at [email protected]. Thanks all and enjoy.

http://nfbc.stats.com/baseball/insurance.asp

Fantasy Sports Insurance

A Fantasy Sports Insurance policy for one player is available FREE to each team owner who pays by check for the NFBC Main Event, the NFBC Auction Championship and the NFBC Primetime Championship provided that your payment is received by the due date. This insurance policy is courtesy of the NFBC and FantasySportsInsurance.com.

Here's how Fantasy Sports Insurance (FSI) works:

Designate one player who is on your team and on the Top 100 list provided by FantasySportsInsurance.com for your insurance policy. If that player spends at least 60 days on the disabled list due to an injury in 2015, you will receive payment from FantasySportsInsurance.com for:
League Insurance Amount
NFBC Main Event $320
NFBC Primetime $300
NFBC Auction Championship $240

Last year when this offer was in place for the NFBC, team owners were able to cash in their insurance policies for the following players:

Troy Tulowitzki
Ryan Zimmerman
Prince Fielder
Matt Cain
Jose Fernandez
Joey Votto
Cliff Lee
Carlos Gonzalez
Carlos Beltran
Bryce Harper
Anibal Sanchez

After you have selected the player who you want to insure, you need to email Greg ([email protected]) the name of the player and the league it's for by April 6. FSI will then send out a Certificate of Insurance with details of the insurance policy and the associated coverage. Claims will be paid within 60 days of the end of the MLB regular season.

"We are excited to have the opportunity to work alongside NFBC to offer Fantasy Sports Insurance (FSI) for the 2015 MLB fantasy season," said Henry Olszewski, sales, executive at Fantasy Sports Insurance. "Offering FSI to NFBC participants is a fantastic opportunity for us to provide financial peace of mind against that unforeseen, season changing injury. Lessen the blow of losing your key player. Plan...Protect...Play"

NFBC team owners also will have the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for their teams' players through FantasySportsInsurance.com if they draft more than just one injury-riddled player. For those owners, there is a policy for two players who spend a total of 90 days on the DL list and even a policy for three players who spend a total of 115 days on the DL.
Greg, where can I get a copy of the top 100 list for the insurance? It would be helpful to know which players are and are not on this list before designating them.
Rich McCormick

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 am

Fantasy Sports Insurance will be giving me the Top 100 list of players shortly and I'll post them immediately. You will have through next week to email me your insured player. No worries on this.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 pm

Here is the list of 100 players you can insure for free if you paid for the NFBC Main Event, Primetime or Auction Championship this season. Just email your insured player for any or all of these teams that you paid cash, check or money order for to [email protected]. Thanks and let's hope for good health this year.

We are pleased to offer Fantasy Sports Insurance to the 2015 NFBC participants!!

2015 FSI Eligible Players:
Mike Trout
Jacoby Ellsbury
Aroldis Chapman
David Robertson
Giancarlo Stanton
Josh Donaldson
Evan Longoria
Matt Holliday
Andrew McCutchen
Michael Brantley
Jason Kipnis
Evan Gattis
Miguel Cabrera
Madison Bumgarner
Prince Fielder
Carlos Santana
Paul Goldschmidt
Jose Reyes
Joey Votto
Jason Heyward
Clayton Kershaw
Johnny Cueto
Matt Kemp
Chris Carter
Carlos Gomez
Bryce Harper
Brian Dozier
Alex Cobb
Jose Abreu
Stephen Strasburg
Kyle Seager
Jay Bruce
Jose Bautista
Carlos Gonzalez
Billy Hamilton
Dustin Pedroia
Felix Hernandez
Justin Upton
Craig Kimbrel
Matt Carpenter
Anthony Rizzo
Adrian Gonzalez
David Ortiz
Julio Teheran
Troy Tulowitzki
Ryan Braun
Starlin Castro
Christian Yelich
Edwin Encarnacion
Adam Wainwright
Jeff Samardzija
Daniel Murphy
Robinson Cano
Starling Marte
David Wright
Salvador Perez
Buster Posey
Ian Kinsler
Dee Gordon
Marcell Ozuna
Adam Jones
Chris Davis
Cole Hamels
Gio Gonzalez
Jose Altuve
Corey Dickerson
Alexei Ramirez
Mark Trumbo
Max Scherzer
Albert Pujols
Nelson Cruz
Sonny Gray
Adrian Beltre
Jonathan Lucroy
James Shields
Kolten Wong
Yasiel Puig
Zack Greinke
Kole Calhoun
Neil Walker
Ian Desmond
George Springer
Matt Harvey
Eric Hosmer
Hanley Ramirez
Jon Lester
Greg Holland
Yan Gomes
Freddie Freeman
Yoenis Cespedes
Devin Mesoraco
Alex Wood
Corey Kluber
Todd Frazier
Nolan Arenado
Brett Gardner
David Price
Jordan Zimmermann
Alex Gordon
Yadier Molina

Please contact Greg Ambrosius for coverage eligibility at [email protected].

If you wish to purchase additional coverage on your NFBC player or additional players please contact Henry Olszewski: Email: [email protected] Phone: 631-421-2424 ext. 300
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:21 pm

I did not get a "certificate" for my Primetime Insured player, Adam Wainwright, but I did get an email from Greg confirming him as my designated player. Not sure the certificate is necessary or not. Losing Wainwright for the rest of the season will hurt, but a check 60 days after the season ends will help ease the pain. Thanks - Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.