FEB 26 745 PM EST-$50 AUCTION w/FAAB w/GREG & TOM(sold out)

Captain Hook

Re: FEB 26 745 PM EST-$50 AUCTION w/FAAB w/GREG & TOM(sold o

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 am

fozzie wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:.

SP Wei-Yin Chen 1
SP Wily Peralta 2
SP Jason Hammel 1
SP Edinson Volquez 1
SP Roenis Elias 2
RP Aroldis Chapman 26
RP Greg Holland 23
RP Dellin Betances 19
RP Wade Davis 1
Nice to see the return of the LIMA.
That is beyond LIMA - more like MIMA and he overspent on every closer

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:18 am

I like the low dollar arms he grabbed. He did overpay on closers and three top guys was overkill. Had he turned that Chapman money into two $13 starters, that would be a pretty nice $76 pitching staff. He might do just fine regardless, depending on his FAAB exploits.

Scoony32

Post by Scoony32 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 am

C- saltalamacchia 1
C- Norris 8
1b- goldschmidt 38
2b- Murphy 10
Ss- drew 1
3b- machado 13
Mi- Phillips 3
Ci- v Martinez 20
Of- mccutchen 43
Of- Puig 26
Of- Holliday 16
Of- eaton 5
Of- granderson 5
UTil- castellanos 1

P- samardzija 16
P- Gonzalez 13
P- ryu 11
P- tanaka 10
P- Salazar 8
P- Bauer 4
P- kazmir 4
P- leake 2
P- Familia 2

B- eovaldi
B- plouffe
B- mercer
B- ethier
B- Gibson
B- Alonso
B- jones

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 am

Yah Mule wrote:I like the low dollar arms he grabbed. He did overpay on closers and three top guys was overkill. Had he turned that Chapman money into two $13 starters, that would be a pretty nice $76 pitching staff. He might do just fine regardless, depending on his FAAB exploits.
My expected ceiling for Chapman, Holland, Betances respectively was $19,$19,17 but the bidding went past what most would consider reasonable.

In an earlier auction ($500 DC) there was unspent money in my fund when we got down to the $1 players at the end so I was wanting to avoid that regret this time around.

Regarding Aoki, his slot was supposed to be filled by Danny Santana but again I dropped out of that player's bidding when the GMs who were desperate for a SS started to pile on.

The extreme position flexibility I've tried to achieve should mean any free agent pickups can be 'best player available' rather than trying to fill a specific position. I expect less need for bench bats and should be able to have more pitching depth.

Nothing youse guys haven't seen before , I'm sure.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:00 am

I didn't know Chris had 3 closers. I thought I had the inside track at winning Saves. Looks like the goal is 14 points now.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:01 am

Captain Hook wrote:
fozzie wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:.

SP Wei-Yin Chen 1
SP Wily Peralta 2
SP Jason Hammel 1
SP Edinson Volquez 1
SP Roenis Elias 2
RP Aroldis Chapman 26
RP Greg Holland 23
RP Dellin Betances 19
RP Wade Davis 1
Nice to see the return of the LIMA.

That is beyond LIMA - more like MIMA and he overspent on every closer
That staff has no chance; bad plan
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:03 am

BIG KUDOS to Andy for running this auction last night. It was as smooth as you could get. And BIG KUDOS to RT Sports for a fantastic auction software platform. I loved the voices "You are on deck", the easy bid button that is $1 more than the highest bid, the draft board and more. Chat was easy as well. It was 5 hours of good fun during a very busy time (35 emails waiting for me when the auction was done)!!

This is a component of our business that we'd love to have for all of our sports. There's no doubt about it. Thanks again for including us because it was fun and it was an eye-opener. I'm looking forward to the competition with all of these guys.

I say it's an eye-opener because we used FantasyAuctioneer.com in the early years of the NFBC. We tried to promote online auctions for years and participated as well. But it was 6+ hours of glitches, frozen computers and headaches, and actually trying to charge people anything beyond $125 was impossible. And we loved George for creating FantasyAuctioneer.com, but the technology could not keep up. And when Yahoo and ESPN perfected it and had free auctions, it killed his business. Now I'm happy to see others going this route. Kudos again to all game providers who can do this and do it well.

Okay, now onto my team. I'm not sure if I have enough of anything, but I tried to stay balanced and have enough money to stay in the bidding for most players. Here's the outcome:

C - Matt Wieters $12
C - Mike Zunino $6
1B - Joe Mauer $7
2B - Chase Utley $5
SS - Alexei Ramirez $16
3B - Nolan Arenando $26
CI - C.J. Cron $1
MI - Scooter Gennett $1
UT - Nick Markakis $2
OF - Adam Jones $29
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury $28
OF - Jayson Werth $11
OF - Wil Myers $7
OF - Denard Span $9

SP - Max Scherzer $32
SP - Alex Cobb $19
SP - Andrew Cashner $9
SP - Drew Smyly $9
SP - Jonathan Niese $2
SP - Henderson Alvarez $2
SP - Noah Syndergaard $3
SP - Steve Cishek $16
SP - Hector Rondon $8

Reserves: Mike Moustakas, Tim Hudson, Yangervis Solarte, Brad Miller, Archie Bradley, Josh Hamilton, Ike Davis

Thoughts?
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am

Greg - I think you could fill many many auction leagues via RT Sports. I'd even play in a $1,000 to $1,500, maybe even a super!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:31 am

Gekko wrote:Greg - I think you could fill many many auction leagues via RT Sports. I'd even play in a $1,000 to $1,500, maybe even a super!
You're preaching to the choir. I'm a BIG auction proponent, but we don't own the software for that. But NO DOUBT that this area of the market now has great potential and I'll reach out to our industry partners and see what we can do even as early as this football season. Honestly, I think they could be even bigger in football because they are quicker and bidding is more intense for the big stars.

I'm on it and you can thank Andy for that. He's gotten us this far, for sure.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

morons

Post by morons » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 am

C-Robinson Chirinos $1
C-Carlos Ruiz $1
1B-Edwin Encarnacion $35
2B-Rougned Odor $9
3B-Evan Longoria $20
SS-Troy Tulowitzki $30
MI-Marcus Semien $1
CI- Mike Napoli $2
UT-Michael Morse $3
OF-Carlos Gonzalez $21
OF-Billy Hamilton$18
OF-Marcell Ozuna$10
OF-Alex Rios $10
OF-Sin-Soo Choo $9

P-Stephen Strasburg $28
P-Adam Wainwright $16
P-Justin Verlander $11
P-Mat Latos $10
P-Aaron Sanchez $2
P-Jonathan Papelbon $12
P-Fernando Rodney $9
P-Jake McGee $2
P-Brett Cecil $1

BN-Nick Franklin
BN-Will Middlebrooks
BN-Alexi Amarista
BN-Alex Guerrero
BN-Shane Greene
BN-Rasiel Iglesias
BN-Joakim Soria

I could use one more SP, at least. Closers went for more than I wanted to pay, even the second-tier group. I like my bargain bulpen, potentially 5 guys who can get saves if Toronto doesn't bring in anyone else as I am not a believer in Joe Nathan lasting past tax day as Detroit's closer.

I like my offense, even with the cheap catchers. Obviously Tulo and CarGo are health risks, but I thought $21 for Cargo was ok price.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:04 pm

morons wrote:C-Robinson Chirinos $1
C-Carlos Ruiz $1
1B-Edwin Encarnacion $35
2B-Rougned Odor $9
3B-Evan Longoria $20
SS-Troy Tulowitzki $30
MI-Marcus Semien $1
CI- Mike Napoli $2
UT-Michael Morse $3
OF-Carlos Gonzalez $21
OF-Billy Hamilton$18
OF-Marcell Ozuna$10
OF-Alex Rios $10
OF-Sin-Soo Choo $9

P-Stephen Strasburg $28
P-Adam Wainwright $16
P-Justin Verlander $11
P-Mat Latos $10
P-Aaron Sanchez $2
P-Jonathan Papelbon $12
P-Fernando Rodney $9
P-Jake McGee $2
P-Brett Cecil $1

BN-Nick Franklin
BN-Will Middlebrooks
BN-Alexi Amarista
BN-Alex Guerrero
BN-Shane Greene
BN-Rasiel Iglesias
BN-Joakim Soria

I could use one more SP, at least. Closers went for more than I wanted to pay, even the second-tier group. I like my bargain bulpen, potentially 5 guys who can get saves if Toronto doesn't bring in anyone else as I am not a believer in Joe Nathan lasting past tax day as Detroit's closer.

I like my offense, even with the cheap catchers. Obviously Tulo and CarGo are health risks, but I thought $21 for Cargo was ok price.
I was looking at the rosters as I uploaded to NFBC today and i really liked your team Matt. You bid me too high on Odor to be able to get him and Ozuna at 10 bucks was great value for you. your top 4 SP are good for sure......and you will get saves from a lot of cheaper options(you were right..closers cost too much last night). You definitely need SP depth with wainwright a little big of an injury risk.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Two things that jumped out at me were how cheap the second-tier closers went and how affordable so many hitters were late. I was fully prepared to pay $15 or KRod and double figures for Casilla but got the two of them combined for $18. Street and others also ended up being very affordable.

The other thing was how many bargains there were at the end. In a 15-team Mixed auction there will be affordable options late but I thought there were a lot of solid hitters who were going for inexpensive prices because nobody had much money left to spend. I was thrilled to get Desmond Jennings for $3, for example. Greg getting Wil Myers for $7 was a steal. I would've gotten into the bidding but I already had two Padre outfielders and had to lay off. I ended up having money to spend so I was able to get every player I wanted at the end. The problem was I finished my offense and there were still some cheap guys (like Dexter Fowler and Aoki) who I would've loved to add.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:55 pm

last night shortstops were gold! i couldnt get anyone..you guys kept bidding me up.....i was about to grab Derek Jeter!

morons

Post by morons » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Yeah, SS were expensive. I thought Tulowitzki for $30 turned out to be a good price.

I agree Tom on the quality hitters available. I had to sit and let everyone burn up their money, but I still got Choo, Ozuna, Morse, Napoli, Semien, Odor at good prices to fill out my lineup

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:OF - Denard Span $9
Thoughts?
Last player?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Thoughts?
Last player?
Last stolen base guy. Overpaid, but needed steals and I like his Runs potential and solid BA. It wasn't for the faint of heart at that point in the auction!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Edwards Kings wrote:
Thoughts?
Last player?
Last stolen base guy. Overpaid, but needed steals and I like his Runs potential and solid BA. It wasn't for the faint of heart at that point in the auction!! :lol:
I collected a lot of speed early, so I was throwing stolen base guys out there with both hands down the stretch to try and clear some money off the board.

As Vice President of the Mookie Betts Appreciation Society, I expected Greg to go a little higher on him. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Edwards Kings wrote: Last player?
I collected a lot of speed early, so I was throwing stolen base guys out there with both hands down the stretch to try and clear some money off the board.

As Vice President of the Mookie Betts Appreciation Society, I expected Greg to go a little higher on him. ;)
It's interesting because in January at the FSTA Draft I got Rusney Castillo four rounds after Betts. Now Castillo is going in front of him and all because of Shane Victorino, who didn't go until the middle of the reserve rounds. Betts will be fine, but I already have enough invested in him, so I let him go this time. Span is a $5-$6 player, but I needed SBs.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mkosmoski

Post by mkosmoski » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 am

This is my First Time competing against a lot of you. I have done NFBC Online in the Past, but this year I have decided to do some Live Events in NYC. So, this Winter, I have been doing as many Auctions and Drafts as possible to get ready.

Here is my Team from the Auction. My Strategy was to Draft Mike Trout before anybody had time to open up their first Beer of the Night. I have Power/Speed combos, and if the Rookies produce on Offense it should be okay(Bryant, Pederson, Pompey)
I wanted to do $60 on Pitching, ended up with $65. If Storen, Doolittle and maybe Romo accumulate Saves, it should compete. But, big Questions here, so I may have to work the FAAB wire.

Frozen Ropes
C-Chris Ianetta $1
C-Josmil Pinto $1
1B-Prince Fielder $22
2B-Jedd Gyorko $5
SS-Jung-Ho Kang $1
3B-Kris Bryant $16
MI-Aaron Hill $1
CI-Mark Teixeira $1
UT-Chris Carter $14
OF-Mike Trout $51
OF-Carlos Gomez $38
OF-George Springer $29
OF-Joc Pederson $8
OF-Dalton Pompey $7

P-Alex Wood $15
P-Jake Arrieta $15
P-Mike Fiers $9
P-Carlos Martinez $5
P-Drew Storen $14
P-Sean Doolittle $4
P-Rick Porcello $1
P-Jake Peavy $1
P-CJ Wilson $1

BN-Tony Cingrani
BN-Sergio Romo
BN-Lonnie Chisenhall
BN-Carlos Rodon
BN-Allen Craig
BN-Darin Ruf
BN-Zack Cozart

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:47 pm

A heads up that we'll devote a segment to this auction on our Sirius show next Wednesday night, likely in the first hour. So be sure to tune in. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:06 am

congrats to Jim Jeckewicz who won the Greg/Tom NFBC auction and earns $500. Greg and Dale Morgan came in 2nd and get $250. I will be in touch with both of you this week to get addresses to send checks out to you both. Hopefully we can do a G/T auction for NFBC again in 2016.