Post Draft Festivities: Friday 4/3 at Rosie O'Grady's in NYC

Baseball Furies

Post Draft Festivities: Friday 4/3 at Rosie O'Grady's in NYC

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:21 am

As per tradition, the competitors of the MTM Super will be breaking bread, enjoying a few beverages, and regaling each other with the tales of their respective draft brilliance and/or stupidity once the blood bath of the actual draft is complete. I have a reservation set up for around midnight shortly after the conclusion of the Friday night drafts including the $2500 auction at Rosie O'Grady's Steakhouse and Saloon. This is just a short walk from the hotel. A great time was had by all last year, and this year what would make it even better would be to have as many NFBC'ers as possible who will be in town that night attend as well. So no matter if you're drafting that Friday or the next day in the events on Saturday, I would like to open this get together up for any and all who would like to join us including a guest if your significant other can stand it ;). I know that Adam Ronis and Lisa Anne from Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio are planning to be there after lending their talents as celebrity draft facilitators for the MTM Super. So if you would like to attend, please post your name to this thread and I will add you to the list. It's sure to be a blast again, and a great opportunity to meet and hang out with your fellow competitors who share the same fanaticism and love for this hobby/obsession as you do. So who is in? 8-)

Here's the final guest list and head count...although we might pick up a few stragglers, but I've accounted for this:

Friday 4/3 Sign up list for Rosie O'Grady's in NYC

1. Mike Massotto & guest
2. Adam Ronis
3. Lisa Ann
4. Mike Mager
5. Glenn Lowy
6. Ante Meich
7. Matt Modica
8. Marc Perlmutter
9. Joe Thelen
10.Roy Ericson
11.Mike Edelman
12.Jeff Dobies (tentative pending someone picking up his check :P
13.Dave Anderson
14.Steve Jupinka
15.Andy Saxton
16.John Lemke
17.David Rimel (and guest)
18.Eddie Gillis
19.Jeremy "The Icon" Wilk & guest (if he's lucky)
20.Jason " The Douche" Duponte
21.Mike Lins
22.Tom Kessenich (tentative)
23.Scott Fleming
24.Alan Greenberg
25.Tim Short
26.Jason Santucci
27.Jared "there's no h in" Rhoads
28.Todd Cain
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 21 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Glenneration X

Re: Post Draft Festivities: Friday 4/3 at Rosie O'Grady's in

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:00 am

Count me in Bud. Thanks for setting this up again.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 am

Glenneration X wrote:Count me in Bud. Thanks for setting this up again.
Great to have you bro' and no problem. I enjoy doing it. Let's keep the early commitments coming so that I can give the restaurant a final head count as soon as possible.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

the icon

Post by the icon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Man that does sound fun but looks expensive. What kind of price range is that?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:31 pm

the icon wrote:Man that does sound fun but looks expensive. What kind of price range is that?
Actually it wasn't too bad at all last year. With steak and drinks, most tabs came to about $60-$70 per person including tip. Could be more or could be less depending how much of a glutton and/or lush you are planning to be at that hour of the night. :D Well worth being there. I heard that it's possible that Tom may pick up the tab for us all anyway. :mrgreen:

the icon

Post by the icon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Wow don't seem to outrageous especially for nyc. Tempting for sure.

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Mickey I'm in for dinner. Looking forward to it.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Rotties wrote:Mickey I'm in for dinner. Looking forward to it.
Great Ante! Happy to have you back. Looking forward to having you back in the MTM Super come 2016 as well. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Two more today with Matt and Marc joining us. Let's hear it boys. This one is well worth the price of admission. If you're lucky, you may even get your picture taken with Glenn Lowy, one of Long Island, NY's most famous fantasy baseball Jews. :mrgreen:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:06 pm

C'mon Mikey, no one wants a picture with me. If you really want to draw 'em in, why don't you just offer autographed Massatto photos like the ones you handed out last year. That was a huge crowd pleaser.

I know I've still got mine.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:44 pm

Glenneration X wrote:C'mon Mikey, no one wants a picture with me. If you really want to draw 'em in, why don't you just offer autographed Massatto photos like the ones you handed out last year. That was a huge crowd pleaser.

You must have gotten the one of Jupinka by accident. This was mine.

As you can see, I always get the girl. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Just got an email from last year's champ, Joe Thelen. I have posted it for everyone's enjoyment.

"Mike,

Count me in for the post-draft festivities.

I'm going to nap for 5 hours Friday afternoon so my Alzheimer's doesn't kick in.

Please let O'Grady's know that I'll require a good supply of warm milk."

Joe

Such a good sport that old fart, Thelen is. :lol: Happy to have you, Joe.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:46 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:C'mon Mikey, no one wants a picture with me. If you really want to draw 'em in, why don't you just offer autographed Massatto photos like the ones you handed out last year. That was a huge crowd pleaser.

You must have gotten the one of Jupinka by accident. This was mine.

As you can see, I always get the girl. :mrgreen:
Oops. You're right Mikey, that was Juprinka's pic I posted. :? I'm sorry. Still, it looks like you grabbed the wrong photo too. After all, the Incredible Hulk is Edelman's persona. Yours of course is more Jersey chic. Though I did manage to find one more fitting of you with a similar theme.....

And I won't argue that you do have a way with the Jersey girls.
MtM's used to sliding... though it's usually down the NFBC standings. :D

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:15 am

Baseball Furies wrote:Just got an email from last year's champ, Joe Thelen. I have posted it for everyone's enjoyment.

"Mike,

Count me in for the post-draft festivities.

I'm going to nap for 5 hours Friday afternoon so my Alzheimer's doesn't kick in.

Please let O'Grady's know that I'll require a good supply of warm milk."

Joe

Such a good sport that old fart, Thelen is. :lol: Happy to have you, Joe.
Love how Mouth is always busting on "Showtime" Thelan. Guy just took you behind the woodshed last year :lol:

"whatcha listenin' to there Mikey ? Young dumbasses by Old Man Beat Down ? catchy tune !"
Attachments
article-1150124-03950E06000005DC-868_468x474.jpg
article-1150124-03950E06000005DC-868_468x474.jpg (81.43 KiB) Viewed 12135 times

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:34 am

Good point Juprinka. But since when has age had anything to do with who's putting the beatdown on Mikey?

Age range of those who've laid the NFBC beat on the Mouth.....

From....

To.....

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:17 am

The Ice Cream Man, Roy Ericson, will be joining us for the festivities as well. Push-up's are on him, he said. :mrgreen:

Lisa Ann apparently won't be needing one, ice cream or otherwise. ;)

Let's keep 'em coming, boys. Who else wants in?
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:06 am

Just wanted to bump up this thread. It was pushed down to the third page when the boards went nuclear this week. If you are planning on being in NYC for either the MTM Super Event or any other NFBC live events for that matter, please let me know if you would like to join us for the post draft festivities at Rosie O'Grady's on Friday. It's going to be a blast, but I need a final head count for them in the next couple of weeks. Please post your intentions here. Thanks!

Lisa Ann will be wearing her best. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Okay everyone, we are just a little bit more than a month out until the festivities in NYC on Friday night. Anyone else who would like to join us, please post your intentions on this thread so that I can get a final head count to the restaurant. Hope to see as many of you as possible there that night. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:57 pm

I've updated the list as we are now pushing 20 for the evening. I am waiting to hear back from several more of you who attended last year, and anyone else who would like to join us. PM me or post your intentions here.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:03 pm

The list is growing and this post draft event is sure to be a memorable one. 8-) Last year was a blast, so if you're interested in joining a great group of guys (fantasy fanatics all!) for great food, beverages, and conversation, please let me know. Sorry, only Juprinka gets the lap dances...and during the draft, not afterwards. :mrgreen:

In this photo: About as stunned and perplexed as Juprinka is going to look.

the icon

Post by the icon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 pm

well better get Jeremy "The Icon" Wilck on that list I cant let you guys have all the fun. and you can add a guest ill try to convince an attractive female to come along for the ride.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:03 am

the icon wrote:well better get Jeremy "The Icon" Wilck on that list I cant let you guys have all the fun. and you can add a guest ill try to convince an attractive female to come along for the ride.
Yes, "convince" is the operative word here, Wilk. ;) And with Lisa Ann in attendance, it should be fun for you trying to do that, but I put you on the list anyway. :mrgreen: The great Jason " The Douche" Duponte will also be joining us for the late night festivities. He's not really a douche, I just gave him the name because when you're drafting against him, he's good at "douching" you out of the guys you want. :P
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the icon

Post by the icon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:52 am

I guess I could always just try to convince Lisa Ann to hangout with me ;)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:08 pm

the icon wrote:I guess I could always just try to convince Lisa Ann to hangout with me ;)
Don't you have a wife? Or maybe not anymore since she's caught you on this thread. :o :lol:

the icon

Post by the icon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Hahaha hell no