NEW DRAFT ROOM

Baseball Furies

Re: NEW DRAFT ROOM

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 pm

And after reading all of the responses to our comments, why I am I left with a sick feeling on impending let down and potential disaster in my stomach? I swear, these tech guys should run for political office. They have the evasive "non-answer" down to an art form. :roll:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:In chat, will we be able to use dashes and percentage signs?
What?! You want fucking miracles?! :P :lol:
The dash nazi is Union, forget about it. Percentages maybe.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Another item that again isn't critical but annoying is the inability to access past chat if you leave the draft room. In Flash it disappears. In HTML, it refreshes so quickly that you're unable to read more than 2 or 3 lines without being brought back to the top again. For me, and I'd have to believe many others, chat is one of the fun aspects to our slow drafts. They should be easily accessible.
I think anything that hinders communication between team owners in the draft room should be high priority to fix. I'm in a slow draft currently and the guy picking ahead of me said that he's going to be gone for the next four hours, but you can no longer access that in the chat now. If I hadn't seen his message earlier, I would be checking in periodically to see if he's picked yet.

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Gekko wrote:Thanks Greg!
Good meetings today with IT:

Online draft room is ready for one last round of testing. Will be ready before heavy online drafting season.

Live Scoring WILL be faster. We've identified an issue with the way this was being sent to NFBC.

Can we make it easier to look for an available free agent among all your NFBC teams more quickly, thus making FAAB a little less strenuous for all of you? We might have a solution. Trust me, making FAAB easier is something we are always looking at and we take all your suggestions in this matter seriously.

Can we create a page that has Live Scoring for all your NFBC teams? One stop shop for all your NFBC teams each night? Possible and would make watching your teams' progress each night a lot more fun.

All are doable.
Stop it, Gregory. I'll go to a Strip Club if I want to be teased and aroused like this. I thought we were going to under-promise, and over-deliver. Or something like that. :shock:

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:57 am

COZ wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Gekko wrote:Thanks Greg!
Good meetings today with IT:

Online draft room is ready for one last round of testing. Will be ready before heavy online drafting season.

Live Scoring WILL be faster. We've identified an issue with the way this was being sent to NFBC.

Can we make it easier to look for an available free agent among all your NFBC teams more quickly, thus making FAAB a little less strenuous for all of you? We might have a solution. Trust me, making FAAB easier is something we are always looking at and we take all your suggestions in this matter seriously.

Can we create a page that has Live Scoring for all your NFBC teams? One stop shop for all your NFBC teams each night? Possible and would make watching your teams' progress each night a lot more fun.

All are doable.
Stop it, Gregory. I'll go to a Strip Club if I want to be teased and aroused like this. I thought we were going to under-promise, and over-deliver. Or something like that. :shock:

COZ
It's not about over-promising. I fully expect Mike and many others to be underwhelmed when we unveil new additions to the NFBC, but the point is that we aren't just sitting around with the game we had in 2004. The NFBC's game site and offerings look nothing like 2004 or even 2010 when we had left STATS. We've added a lot of good features since we rejoined STATS in 2011, a move that saved this contest.

When you meet with programmers you bring in the suggestions that your customers have provided with you and you ask: Can this be done? The answer is always: Sure, anything can be done, but.... So you work with IT to identify items that bring in new customers and allow us to retain current customers and even get them to play more games. Well, it's obvious that the time it takes for FAAB is the biggest detriment to retention of current customers and getting them to play in more leagues. So if we can do a few things to help there we have to look at them. And we are. There might be a quick solution that isn't perfect, but it will be a start and lead to longer-term fixes that are even prettier.

Same with Live Scoring. We KNOW it will be faster this year because we've identified an issue that was occurring before in the NFBC's Live Scoring. No need to get into it, but the feed should be more direct this year. And if we can get all of your teams on a page where you can easily access Live Scoring that would make running your teams as enjoyable as it can get. It's being done in other contests on other sites, so we have to step up in that area for all of our sports. Again, we've laid out how it can be done and the hard work is ahead, but it's something we know has to be done for us to keep growing.

I know I'm an idiot for discussing these things in advance!! I know they can't be done immediately, but we need to let you folks know that we are trying to improve the game experience each year and these are items that are not only being discussed but worked on already. Will some folks be underwhelmed at first? Maybe, but these new additions make your jobs easier and your enjoyment of managing these teams greater, just like Live Standings has done. We have to keep improving each year and we will.

Here's one more item we thought would be good: Projected Standings after an online draft. We have a couple of ways we can do this in the future, but we know that on other mock draft sites you have projected standings right after a draft based on a site's player projections. It serves no purpose other than to create conversation within that league, but that would be cool to have after a DC or Online Championship draft. Heck, you could use it after a Main Event even. Anyway, this is something else that is doable and would add more fun after a draft. Again, just something else we're looking at.

It's potentially another over-promise, but these are all things that are already in the industry and things we can do ourselves. We don't have the resources to just bang them out immediately and at the same time we are running three sports and white-label games for other companies, but it's important for everyone to know that we're not just sitting still here and we want to do more. An MLB Post-Season game will happen this year. NFBC Cutline Championship has to come next year. And maybe another new game will appear before the end of the regular season. We are trying to be creative and innovative here (and we're getting help from guys like KJ, too); we're not just sitting around with the same old things we had in 2004. We won't survive if we don't keep innovating.

Hope this helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:43 am

Helps a lot. Thanks, Greg. But it's not helping with this now.

COZ

COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:25 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the problem isn't IT, it's IT trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The software itself is an inferior and outdated product, and needs to be replaced with something at least at the level of your competitors. It exists out there, and it could be had for little or nothing. However, like the marketing as I have talked about before, it just takes a willingness to have dialogue about it to come up with creative, innovative, and yes, low-cost ideas. I am hopeful that you want to have this happen someday.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:43 pm

I love Mike's bold font on his posts.

However, why not go for bold AND CAPS LOCK?

AND WHY STOP THERE?

:lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:47 pm

King of Queens wrote:I love Mike's bold font on his posts.

AND WHY STOP THERE?

It's because he's SHOUTING AT ME!!! His veins in his chest are ready to explode because we're SO DAMN INFERIOR!!! And our SiriusXM show is SO DAMN BORING!!! 8-)

That felt good. Carry on.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:35 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
King of Queens wrote:I love Mike's bold font on his posts.

AND WHY STOP THERE?

It's because he's SHOUTING AT ME!!! His veins in his chest are ready to explode because we're SO DAMN INFERIOR!!! And our SiriusXM show is SO DAMN BORING!!! 8-)

That felt good. Carry on.

Believe it or not, Greg, that's the best post you've done in a while. Actually made some sense. :P :lol:

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:45 am

It's because he mistakes being loud and fucking obnoxious with having something intelligent to say. Same with COZ. I did a quick study of whose won the most money in the NFBC and it's not people who are active message board participants. The people cashing could give a fuck about the draft rooms because they have the superior skill. I apologize for the profanity but I see certain people getting a pass on it so I wanted to see if there is any hypocrisy with that. :roll:

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Yellow Ledbetters wrote:It's because he mistakes being loud and fucking obnoxious with having something intelligent to say. Same with COZ. I did a quick study of whose won the most money in the NFBC and it's not people who are active message board participants. The people cashing could give a fuck about the draft rooms because they have the superior skill. I apologize for the profanity but I see certain people getting a pass on it so I wanted to see if there is any hypocrisy with that. :roll:
Can you go one post or a draft without getting juvenile?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:55 pm

mdecav wrote:
Yellow Ledbetters wrote:It's because he mistakes being loud and fucking obnoxious with having something intelligent to say. Same with COZ. I did a quick study of whose won the most money in the NFBC and it's not people who are active message board participants. The people cashing could give a fuck about the draft rooms because they have the superior skill. I apologize for the profanity but I see certain people getting a pass on it so I wanted to see if there is any hypocrisy with that. :roll:
Just ignore him like I'm doing, Mike. He's another jackass in the vein of Deadheadz. They come and go like the weather. Talks shit but would never and could never back it up to my face. Look forward to catching you in NYC. Will you be in for the dinner Friday night?

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
mdecav wrote:
Just ignore him like I'm doing, Mike. He's another jackass in the vein of Deadheadz. They come and go like the weather. Talks shit but would never and could never back it up to my face. Look forward to catching you in NYC. Will you be in for the dinner Friday night?
No because I will be in Vegas both weekends or else I'd be in. Barring no scheduling issues I'm in for 2016. Hopefully for the MTM Super and $2500 Auction if they're scheduled separately.

FYI the sociopath I referenced - the guy who purposely waited 8 hours on many picks in my DC - was this jagoff.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Well now that explains it. :roll: Hope to have you in next year. Thought I saw you down for NY this year as well.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Well now that explains it. :roll: Hope to have you in next year. Thought I saw you down for NY this year as well.
Definitely. The Hilton in midtown has done me well. Passed Level 1 and 2 of the CFA there and won the $2500 Auction last year.

Fun fact... they filmed the last scene of Michael Clayton there:

http://youtu.be/FUMLC0BnGNg

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Ha LOVED that movie. Clip's in Spanish though :lol: no comprende

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:30 pm

And who the fuck exactly are you? I don't even know you nor ever interacted with you as far as I know. You must be one of those superior skill guys, huh? Zip it and don't ever fucking mention my name again if you don't know me ya passive-aggressive little bitch.

COZ
COZ

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:45 pm

COZ wrote:
And who the fuck exactly are you? I don't even know you nor ever interacted with you as far as I know. You must be one of those superior skill guys, huh? Zip it and don't ever fucking mention my name again if you don't know me ya passive-aggressive little bitch.

COZ
Now, now COZ, calm down. It wouldn't be a fair fight. You're a man, and he's...well, I think you articulated quite perfectly what he is. :mrgreen:

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:45 am

OK Ambulance Chaser let me help you out. We are in a $400 DC together and I had to listen to you whine about people's strategy for two weeks. Team name Shandler's Folly. You will be looking up at my name in the standings all year. I'm the guy that told you all that matters is ROI and taking money from crap players like you. You tried to bully everyone in the draft who disagreed with you so I'm giving you a little taste of it. Thanks for your donation. People like you and Furies are going to make me glad i switched to NFBC. Easy money...go to message board...see who the biggest assholes are and join their leagues.

Trash talk is pointless. Jump in the Feb 27th DC Express and settle it there.

thepats

Post by thepats » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:44 am

Speaking of improvements, it would be a big one if the mods would require the language in this forum to be cleaned up a bit.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:06 am

thepats wrote:Speaking of improvements, it would be a big one if the mods would require the language in this forum to be cleaned up a bit.
It would be an even bigger improvement if the kids in the playground acted more like adults so that we didn't have to clean up their messes every time. If those guys want to fight, take it to email or PM. There are other ways to communicate their toughness outside of a public forum and I wish they'd do it. A thread about improvements to the NFBC turns into a personal fight between NFBC owners. How original. Haven't seen that one before. :roll:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:40 am

Yellow Ledbetters wrote:OK Ambulance Chaser let me help you out. We are in a $400 DC together and I had to listen to you whine about people's strategy for two weeks. Team name Shandler's Folly. You will be looking up at my name in the standings all year. I'm the guy that told you all that matters is ROI and taking money from crap players like you. You tried to bully everyone in the draft who disagreed with you so I'm giving you a little taste of it. Thanks for your donation. People like you and Furies are going to make me glad i switched to NFBC. Easy money...go to message board...see who the biggest assholes are and join their leagues.

Oh, I see. You're one of these new players, an ROI tough guy that's not here to make any friends just to win money. Gotcha. Don't even remember you, other than your team name, but yeah, you seem like a dick and not someone I got along with, but I don't recall any specific issue with you. But I do know your team sucks and you don't stand a chance with that shitty draft. I am a crap player and easy money, never denied that, I just play for fun. I am in Chicago all weekend and numerous other drafts so feel free to sign up and try to take my money because you obviously need it. I'm done with Slow Drafts so I'll take a pass on your offer, sweetheart. Thanks though.

COZ
COZ

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:01 am

Yellow Ledbetters wrote:
"Settle it there".

What is this, middle school?

Anyone want to take a guess of this punk's age? Eighteen year olds don't act like this.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:33 am

Okay, back to improvements we can all make to the software, etc. Points have all been made. Carry on the right way now.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius