Code Of Conduct

Tom Kessenich

Code Of Conduct

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Please read and refrain from any further posts attacking other posters. Thank you.

20. Code of Conduct
All participants and co-managers are expected to behave in lawful, respectful and sportsman-like fashion at all live draft events, throughout the NFBC season, and during use of any NFBC website, including, but not limited to comments posted on any NFBC message board. Additionally the NFBC events, games and/or leagues may not be used for any form of gambling. Any conduct or message board post by a participant, co-manager or other person which is deemed by STATS, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful, or to have the effect of intimidating, harassing, offending or otherwise harming any other participant, co-manager, guest, or NFBC/STATS representative, is strictly prohibited. STATS reserves the right, in its sole discretion to ban any person from current and/or future participation in the NFBC and/or from use of the message boards if such person engages in any such prohibited conduct or is otherwise in violation of any of these Rules. In addition, any person engaging in such conduct forfeits any rights to a refund, as well as any potential rights to a prize award. STATS shall not be responsible or held liable to any person for damage to property or personal injury or death arising from the acts or omissions of any third parties. Any participants or co-managers who collude, or attempt to collude, or who attempts to blackmail, bribe or otherwise influence any representative of STATS/NFBC, or who otherwise attempts to sabotage the league, in an effort to alter the results or outcome of any NFBC game will be disqualified and will be prohibited from winning any prize award. If a participant is banned from participation in a current NFBC game, then STATS reserves the right, to take those actions which it sees fit, in its sole discretion with respect to such banned participant’s team. Any criminal behavior may be referred to the appropriate authorities.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KJ Duke

Re: Code Of Conduct

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:10 pm

You're a warrior Tom. :mrgreen:

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Understood. I deleted my last insult.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:31 pm

I'll only post thoughtful and funny messages from now on.

Don't forget me when I'm gone.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:37 pm

KJ Duke wrote:You're a warrior Tom. :mrgreen:
That he is KJ. Though I wish he wasn't quite so quick with that delete button in regards to my picture posts.
Ya know Tom, it isn't easy finding a tasteful and appropriate pic for all occasions. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:44 pm

There are two guys who seem to show up on every thread. Guys, you remind this group of another owner we have in football: SNAKE. Take a chill pill and either just post about baseball (which I thought we agreed to Chris) or READ posts for a bit. That isn't too tough of a request to accept from me. You're aging me every day. Thanks...and please don't reply. Just READ.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Okay, I've had it with all of you. Enough now. I've called some of you personally to say STOP and most have agreed. Enough. I have work to do outside of deleting posts. Find a different playground for this. Enough.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BATS

Post by BATS » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:06 pm

for crying out loud! what is the matter with you people?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Do I really have to delete every post from you two? STOP IT!! Jeff, you're not helping. Chris, do as we talked about on the phone: BASEBALL ONLY.

I'm not going to do this again. Dammit, I can't even drive home from work for dinner and there's 8 posts on this thread. Everyone is a tough guy. Now stop it. I mean it this time or we're going to prevent people from playing in our games. Now stop it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Greg/Tom,

I really feel for you guys having to deal with this.

I don't know if the veteran is just doing this to egg on the rookie, but pretty much the last DC I did with Chris was very similar in nature; it was a horrible experience and some of the other owners commented as such at the end of the 24-day ordeal. People should not have to go through this kind of experience which could give owners pause about doing a DC if that kind of behavior persists.

Whatever was said to Chris privately I hope he gets that his immaturity is not just limited to message boards but to the chat rooms as well.

Mike

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:49 pm

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE, ON DOPE!!!! Dean Wormer-Animal House
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Lunatic wrote:WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE, ON DOPE!!!! Dean Wormer-Animal House
Isn't that Mr. Hand from FastTimes@RidgemontHigh?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 am

mdecav wrote:
Lunatic wrote:WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE, ON DOPE!!!! Dean Wormer-Animal House
Isn't that Mr. Hand from FastTimes@RidgemontHigh?
Yes it is, Mike. You're a dick, Luny. :roll:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:50 am

mdecav wrote:Greg/Tom,

I really feel for you guys having to deal with this.

I don't know if the veteran is just doing this to egg on the rookie, but pretty much the last DC I did with Chris was very similar in nature; it was a horrible experience and some of the other owners commented as such at the end of the 24-day ordeal. People should not have to go through this kind of experience which could give owners pause about doing a DC if that kind of behavior persists.

Whatever was said to Chris privately I hope he gets that his immaturity is not just limited to message boards but to the chat rooms as well.

Mike
Know how all of this could have been avoided? Instead of deleting multiple posts all day, delete a couple of players once. Immediately we'd all be back to the acceptable level of insanity on these boards that we are all accustomed to. ;)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:56 am

BATS wrote:for crying out loud! what is the matter with you people?
Best post on this thread yet...second only to the one where Greg is having a nervous breakdown. :P

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Code of Conduct violations can lead to being strapped into a chair and forced to listen to Greg's radio show where he asks inane baseball trivia followed by reading every single free agent bid for the week. I had to work late one night and got to enjoy that beauty last year. I think Jon Singleton was the hot free agent. I heard every single bid. It's amazing that Sirius XM allows a show that is only of interest to those who play a specific contest (NFBC). Jeff Mans voice is excruciating but at least he can be humerous.

Consider this constructive criticism...step up your game this year guys.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Wow, slamming the boss and insulting the show! No bounds to your insults I guess.

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Boss? I don't work for him. Greg couldn't afford me. Maybe that's the problem why we don't see eye to eye. You consider yourself an employee.

I didn't slam Greg...I just said the one episode of the show (small sample size) was horrid. It was like someone reading the phone book. I saw him post that he was going to lead in last night by attacking Charles Barkley and it made me think about it. First of all Barkley's comments are two weeks old so not exactly timely. Second, Barkley is an amazing talent. A true HOF...not a "fantasy sports HOF". I disagree with Barkley on this matter but i wouldn't "rip him" as Greg says for anything.

It was constructive criticism. Try to appeal to more than just the NFBC audience and have some sort of personality.

Once a week late at night i'm sure their program manager can handle putting anything on...but it's bad...

The Fantasy Drive with Ray Flowers is really good. In the mornings i like Nando....

I just can't imagine non NFBC players getting any benefit from it and it's like a big infomercial.

The simple solution is if i don't like it don't listen...and I won't again. But the complex solution is make it into something worth listening to.

Just an opinion...that's what MB's are for right?

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:38 pm

I rarely post and only really pay attention to the mb's in the weeks leading up to opening day. I am content to play hard and win some, lose some, so it is rare for me to speak up, but you are displaying a distinct lack of class. You should know by now that accuracy is only a part of the equation, and I won't even give you the accuracy piece. Tact and consideration are as well, if you don't like the xm show then turn the damn thing off. What you are saying and your delivery method isn't meant to improve it is meant to demean and hurt. That makes you an asshole. No retort you make can change that. Thanks for listening, back to the shadows I go
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Cotton1 wrote:I rarely post and only really pay attention to the mb's in the weeks leading up to opening day. I am content to play hard and win some, lose some, so it is rare for me to speak up, but you are displaying a distinct lack of class. You should know by now that accuracy is only a part of the equation, and I won't even give you the accuracy piece. Tact and consideration are as well, if you don't like the xm show then turn the damn thing off. What you are saying and your delivery method isn't meant to improve it is meant to demean and hurt. That makes you an asshole. No retort you make can change that. Thanks for listening, back to the shadows I go
Well said.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Cotton1 wrote:I rarely post and only really pay attention to the mb's in the weeks leading up to opening day. I am content to play hard and win some, lose some, so it is rare for me to speak up, but you are displaying a distinct lack of class. You should know by now that accuracy is only a part of the equation, and I won't even give you the accuracy piece. Tact and consideration are as well, if you don't like the xm show then turn the damn thing off. What you are saying and your delivery method isn't meant to improve it is meant to demean and hurt. That makes you an asshole. No retort you make can change that. Thanks for listening, back to the shadows I go
Spot on and well said.

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:04 pm

I doubt they are thin skinned enough for my post to hurt them. Greg has enough of you guys kissing his ass to keep his self esteem up. I didn't attack them has people. Hell I didn't even attack their primary job performance. I simply pointed out that I thought their radio show was wretched and why.

It is 100% accurate that on the episode i listened to they read how much each free agent went for in each league instead of hitting the high notes. It is a fact that the whole purpose of the show is to shamelessly plug the NFBC's contests (which I'm guilty of by calling in today on the afternoon show to plug the Platinum league and assure the listening audience that the allegations of collusion were never proven and people should feel comfortable playing there. I will continue to do that to make amends for the critical comments about the platinum league.)

I will continue to share my opinion....sometimes positive sometimes not. If Greg can post what his show his featuring why can i not provide an opinion?

Toughen up.

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Here is another example of hypocricy. Greg got all bent out of shape over name calling yesterday yet i'm sure me being called an asshole will be okayed.

I've quit the name calling and been mostly positive. One negative opinion and i get a bunch of crap. Dissent is good.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:07 pm

If the shoe fits.......

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:07 pm

I guess my first post in this thread was just too confusing. So instead of dragging this thread out in more totally unnecessary fashion I'll just lock it now.

Locked threads and deleted posts. We haven't had to do that in years. Thanks everyone.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich