So What The Hell Happened Tonight?

Greg Ambrosius

So What The Hell Happened Tonight?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Okay, I need to explain what happened with the NFBC boards tonight, but first........

I need a big, stiff drink. Excuse me for a few minutes!! :D

THERE, I FEEL MUCH BETTER!!

Plain and simple, Tom and I have been working all day to run charges on credit cards, test the new online draft room, appear on SiriusXM, finish up the NFFC site and many other items we need to check off. It's been one of the most productive days of the off-season. But these message boards have become toxic, poisonous, cancerous and even worse. We don't have the time to police these boards day and night and yet a couple of owners have taken it upon themselves to just dominate them and ridicule everyone in the way.

We'd had it. We tried to ban those who were killing the boards and possibly our contest. They certainly were taking the life out of me, I'll admit that. And just to prove that we've never, ever banned anyone from our boards before, we banned one person and it linked everyone to that ban. We panicked. I hollered. I swore. I blamed my side-kick. I kicked everything near my side. I swore like never before, and believe me when I say LIKE NEVER BEFORE. I thought we had killed our lifeblood.

As luck would have it, the guys in IT looked into the situation, saw what had happened and restored our lifeblood. We know how to ban someone now if needed and we are going to do it. No one or two people are bigger than our contest or bigger than anyone else. Play the games then, but learn how to post. Or better yet, read the boards. We have no place for this crap.

So we apologize to everyone for having emails go out to all our Message Board users that you were Permanently Banned from the Boards. We weren't trying to ban everyone, just one or two. And we almost killed everything.

I feel like a dad running pre-school at times. No, that would be more fun. We have a SNAKE on our hands and I'll be damned if we'll go down that path again. These boards are our promotional vehicle and our connection to our players and potential new players. We own them and we can decide who has the PRIVILEGE of using them. And if we don't thing you deserve that privilege then we'll ban you. Easy as that (well, not so easy as I take another drink from my STIFF mix). If you can't behave, you can't play. So be warned.

So that's our story. We apologize for what happened. We cost ourselves an hour of signups, but we're alive to talk about it. I'll be damned if we ever reach these depths again. I have no time to delete dozens of posts anymore, so deleting one account will have to suffice. Sorry for the blackout of the boards for 75 minutes, but life has been restored. Thankfully.

Now back to the signups. Pitchers & Catchers have reported today. Isn't that what we should be talking about? YES!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

Thanks all. You really are a community of competitors and a community of friends. We have something special here. Don't ever let me forget it...even in those dark (blackout) days.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Re: So What The Hell Happened Tonight?

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Thank you Greg.

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Hooah!
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Well done, Greg.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Yellow Ledbetters

Post by Yellow Ledbetters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Understood. Thanks Greg.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Everyone who signs up for our contest agrees to the Rules of our contest before they hit Submit. No. 20 on our Rules was put in place to prevent what we saw this week. It's not a laughing matter and it's not something you can get away with based on one-liners. We'll ban anyone for the good of our contest and we'll do it now. Here's No. 20 in case you chose not to read the Rules before hitting Submit and trust me we are going to enforce this:

20. Code of Conduct

All participants and co-managers are expected to behave in lawful, respectful and sportsman-like fashion at all live draft events, throughout the NFBC season, and during use of any NFBC website, including, but not limited to comments posted on any NFBC message board. Additionally the NFBC events, games and/or leagues may not be used for any form of gambling. Any conduct or message board post by a participant, co-manager or other person which is deemed by STATS, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful, or to have the effect of intimidating, harassing, offending or otherwise harming any other participant, co-manager, guest, or NFBC/STATS representative, is strictly prohibited. STATS reserves the right, in its sole discretion to ban any person from current and/or future participation in the NFBC and/or from use of the message boards if such person engages in any such prohibited conduct or is otherwise in violation of any of these Rules. In addition, any person engaging in such conduct forfeits any rights to a refund, as well as any potential rights to a prize award. STATS shall not be responsible or held liable to any person for damage to property or personal injury or death arising from the acts or omissions of any third parties. Any participants or co-managers who collude, or attempt to collude, or who attempts to blackmail, bribe or otherwise influence any representative of STATS/NFBC, or who otherwise attempts to sabotage the league, in an effort to alter the results or outcome of any NFBC game will be disqualified and will be prohibited from winning any prize award. If a participant is banned from participation in a current NFBC game, then STATS reserves the right, to take those actions which it sees fit, in its sole discretion with respect to such banned participant’s team. Any criminal behavior may be referred to the appropriate authorities.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

chiznad21

Post by chiznad21 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks for handling business Greg......We appreciate all that you both do and love the NFBC experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And spring ball begins....yesssssss

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Joey tells me to check the MB cuz Greg posted about the FD deal. I haven't been on much (and certainly haven't posted) since KJ started the contract lge almost 2 mo's ago. So I go to check it out and I get the ban hammer msg :o

Now I just had told Tom earlier today (Twitter) that he was a meathead if he thought MCW was better than BK (and I maintain it Tom ;) ) so I thought you have got to be kidding me ?!!

Then the truth comes out - Tom pushed the wrong button. I KNEW it :mrgreen:

btw, it was 82 today :D
Always be closing.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 pm

rockitsauce wrote: Then the truth comes out - Tom pushed the wrong button. I KNEW it :mrgreen:
You SOB talking bad about Tom, BOOM you're banned again! :lol:

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 am

KJ Duke wrote:
rockitsauce wrote: Then the truth comes out - Tom pushed the wrong button. I KNEW it :mrgreen:
You SOB talking bad about Tom, BOOM you're banned again! :lol:
Oh, well if it isn't Captain Pretentious !

I'm glad to see you could put your wineglass down long enough to chime in there Bentley Carmichael :lol:

Cobb will be in Vegas 1st wkend, he'll send that special kinda love you can ONLY get from the rockit :twisted:

Will miss you guys..I'm just trying to emulate my hero lowtalkers aka cheeseisgood aka Dave Potts the Twitter SuperStar 8-)
Always be closing.

pabalouch

Post by pabalouch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:28 am

Thanks Greg and Tom for the NFBC and the NFFC. I have enjoyed playing in your contests for many years now and hope to enjoy them for many years to come. i can not understand why some people do the things that they do, but am glad that your dealing with it. I do not post here often but do like to read the information regarding Baseball/Football without all of the drama. Thanks again for an excellent site.

-paul

sandckaye

Post by sandckaye » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:04 am

I am a charter member of this crazy fantasy baseball family and darn proud of it. I have been able to meet several great people and be able to call them my friends...Greg and Tom You too should be very proud of your accomplishments..You have created a great outlet for a great many people..Keep up the good work..ITS WORTH IT

Stan

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:34 am

rockitsauce wrote: Now I just had told Tom earlier today (Twitter) that he was a meathead if he thought MCW was better than BK (and I maintain it Tom ;)
I don't recall saying that. :) I just said I was glad Knight was gone because it now means the Bucks won't overpay for a chucking point guard. I'd rather have a PG on a rookie deal and all the flexibility that will enable the team to have. The amount of money the Bucks have saved this week by parting ways with Sanders and Knight is pretty remarkable. If only Parker was healthy. That's still my biggest concern about this team for the future. But this team is positioned so well for the future it's pretty crazy, especially after enduring 20+ seasons of Herb Kohl constantly mortgaging the future with the hope of landing an 8th seed and a first-round playoff exit.

But at no point did I say Carter-Williams was better. His game is flawed. But so is Knight's and look what Kidd got out of him. I'd like to see what Kidd can do coaching up MCW now.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 am

Here's a better question than what the hell happened last night. What the hell is going on today? I'm confused.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:We tried to ban those who were killing the boards and possibly our contest. I thought we had killed our lifeblood. As luck would have it, the guys in IT looked into the situation, saw what had happened and restored our lifeblood.

I'm done with this today. I'll leave with this departing thought. If the boards are the lifeblood of this contest as stated....

Here's Bedwetters being once again allowed to suck the lifeblood out of the NFBC.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 am

Great move Greg, I enjoy reading these boards and occasionally posting a message.

On a side note how does one add a picture to their screenname? Yep that is the most relevant question I got today.

Thanks again all oh and good luck to those in the Main except the ones drafting online March 28th with Heenan Family or April 4th Wolfpac (nWo)

Brock

Post by Brock » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:18 am

I've been playing fantasy baseball since the 80's and the NFBC is head and shoulders above any other venue. One guy comes on here and starts insulting our friends we close ranks like a family would do. The NFBC is a family and I'm proud to be part of it. Thanks Greg and Tom for all you do.

Redgta91

Post by Redgta91 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 am

Wolfpac,

User Control Panel>Profile>Edit Avatar
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Not to drag this thread on another minute than we have to, but thanks to all for enduring the last 24 hours of incredible rants from a certain owner. We screwed up last night trying to ban this user and we accidentally shut down the boards for 75 minutes. When chastised this afternoon for being so stupid we couldn't even ban someone from the boards we took the bait and tried again. Wallah!! It worked!! :D

We're not saying that to be funny or to get Thank You's, we're posting this because we learned the hard way that trust can only go so far. We trusted this person to stay on the boards and stop antagonizing everyone and in a 24-hour period he used up more markers than Snake did in 10 years, which is saying something. His leash ran out and so it will for others who push the envelope again. This is our community and it's time to step up the protection policies. This goes for everyone on here.

The Rules clearly state how we will handle these situations and you can abide by them and have Message Board access or you can run your teams without that access. That doesn't mean this person can't sign up for the boards again, but we have an approval process in place to hopefully prevent that. It's not easy to get on our boards for a reason. And it's probably best for this person to enjoy fantasy baseball somewhere else going forward, which has been communicated.

Good luck to all of you in our contests and enjoy the message boards for what they're designed for: Entertainment, information and camaraderie among this tight-knit community. If you have criticisms, we'll gladly listen and make improvements. My goodness, we're not infallible and our games aren't perfect, so we welcome input on anything (even our radio show). But do it professionally and even with a little humor so we can all enjoy it. The line in the sand is hard to see and very far back, but when poisonous posts injure too many people then it's time to cut the Snake's head off. And we're not afraid to do that.

Carry on all. We have far more important things to do now with the drafting season well in hand. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Well done Greg, now let's move on to the Platinum details ! 8-)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:22 pm

Everyone, PLEASE stop replying to this person when he posts. It makes it more difficult for us to clean up the forum. Let's stop talking about him, replying to him, quoting him and let's all move on. Thank you.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 pm

COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci