Zack Wheeler And Alex Cobb

DOUGHBOYS

Zack Wheeler And Alex Cobb

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 am

Any time the Mets seem unconcerned with an injury, we should be very concerned as fantasy owners.
Tommy John for Wheeler.
Last edited by DOUGHBOYS on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Glenneration X

Re: Zack Wheeler

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:40 am

Just ridiculous. Unreal.

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:45 am

Horrible. Growing up a Mets fan, you expect disaster around every corner. This one is hard to accept though...
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 am

Glenneration X wrote:Just ridiculous. Unreal.
Harvey - TJ - Check
Wheeler - TJ - Check
Syndergaard - Next?

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:50 am

Le Grand Orange wrote:Horrible. Growing up a Mets fan, you expect disaster around every corner. This one is hard to accept though...
The curse lives!! :D :D

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:
Harvey - TJ - Check
Wheeler - TJ - Check
Syndergaard - Next?
Lowy is listed as day to day with elbow soreness after throwing his remote at the TV at a high velocity.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 am

CC's Desperados wrote:
ALL-IN JD wrote:
Harvey - TJ - Check
Wheeler - TJ - Check
Syndergaard - Next?
Lowy is listed as day to day with elbow soreness after throwing his remote at the TV at a high velocity.
Absolutely Shawn although he has to be used of this by now!! :D

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:
Harvey - TJ - Check
Wheeler - TJ - Check
Syndergaard - Next?
Jacob deGrom had a TJ back in 2011.

HarryTheK

Post by HarryTheK » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 am

Hate to see these young guys go down. Is history repeating itself for Mets from the Pulsipher, Izzy and Wilson era?

duesman24

Post by duesman24 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 am

The Muts just can't catch a break. Boy are they lucky they didn't trade any of there starting pitching or maybe they should've traded one of the guys who hasn't had to surgery yet. It's a crap shoot.
"Long Live the King!"
Richard DiMondo

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:40 am

leaving the really bad news aside- i just don't get why teams feel it is in their best interest to lie. in football they are made to divulge injuries and are fined if they don't. why? gambling. period. in football hockey and basketball i understand why you would keep injuries secret- because the other team would use it to their advantage if they knew. i get that- to some extent. but baseball? what do the mets gain by this? it seems to be constant. at best you conclude that the medical staff are fools along with management all the way up to the owner- for not firing them. i mean- if this were any other business and you had an employee be wrong as much as mets medical people wouldn't they be fired? At worst- they are just out and out lying- but worse- why? I mean- don't say anything because we may sell 5 more season tickets? what are the media in new york writing about this? In chicago- as bad the white sox have been, the medical people are well respected, The sox do a great job of avoiding injuries, and the team is very forthright about injuries. It would be hard to find someone that hasn't been to one of their doctors themselves or knew someone who has. I fit both categories. just weird.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:48 am

headhunters wrote:leaving the really bad news aside- i just don't get why teams feel it is in their best interest to lie. in football they are made to divulge injuries and are fined if they don't. why? gambling. period. in football hockey and basketball i understand why you would keep injuries secret- because the other team would use it to their advantage if they knew. i get that- to some extent. but baseball? what do the mets gain by this? it seems to be constant. at best you conclude that the medical staff are fools along with management all the way up to the owner- for not firing them. i mean- if this were any other business and you had an employee be wrong as much as mets medical people wouldn't they be fired? At worst- they are just out and out lying- but worse- why? I mean- don't say anything because we may sell 5 more season tickets? what are the media in new york writing about this? In chicago- as bad the white sox have been, the medical people are well respected, The sox do a great job of avoiding injuries, and the team is very forthright about injuries. It would be hard to find someone that hasn't been to one of their doctors themselves or knew someone who has. I fit both categories. just weird.
ding ding, we have a winner. i was just talking about that. there is a history of this with the organization.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:16 am

I Googled a Mets quote translator. Works pretty good

"elbow is tender": Torn
"not worried about it": Torn
"threw off of flat ground": Torn
"behind the rest of the starters": Torn
"...just for precautionary reasons": Torn
"________ (illness), will miss Saturday's workout: Torn
"will have his start pushed back": Torn
"...changed delivery to help alleviate...": Torn
"________ velocity has been down this spring": Torn
"...may just need rest and rehab": Torn
"dealt with tendinitis in the past": Torn
mouth open, any type of guttural sound: Torn

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am

I've mentioned it in the past, the Mets are just plain strange when it comes to decision making. And believe me, it was a decision to put across to the public that Wheeler's injury was not severe.
Having Jose Reyes bunt for a base hit, then pull him from the game to get a batting championship sewn up.
Making sure Matt Harvey was 'rested' for an All-Star appearance, while other teams hope that their pitcher will not be used.
Announcing a month ahead that they will do everything to insure that RA Dickey gets 20 Wins.
Outright lying about injury.
All silly stuff that has nothing to do with WINNING.

I know Mets fans don't want to hear this or will defend their team. This is what fans do.
But baseball fans across America don't really remember those items that the Mets deem important.
They remember winners.
For Mets ownership, and those who were hired by Mets ownership in this organization, winning, has taken a back seat to public relations and now, propaganda.

P.S.- One thing the Mets have that most other teams do not have, is a wonderful tv broadcasting crew.
The crew is so good, that I'll watch the Mets.
They are, and have been the best thing about the Mets over recent years.
On my tombstone-

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:37 am

good points big guy- and thanks for letting me in that draft champions with you. i learned a lot.

duesman24

Post by duesman24 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 am

Mets even messed up the booth now. Ron Darling won't be back this yr.
What a shame. :oops: :oops:
"Long Live the King!"
Richard DiMondo

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:40 am

headhunters wrote:good points big guy- and thanks for letting me in that draft champions with you. i learned a lot.
Glad you enjoyed it, Mike. We'll do another next year before the 'Big Drafts'. A pleasure.
On my tombstone-

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:43 am

This is such devastating news...oh boy well I still Gotta Believe

Amazins for life 86 Baby, you cant take away 86!!!!!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 am

duesman24 wrote:Mets even messed up the booth now. Ron Darling won't be back this yr.

Really??
That is just too bad. I will miss him there.
On my tombstone-

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Well, at least they still have Dillon Gee.... :?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:40 pm

duesman24 wrote:Mets even messed up the booth now. Ron Darling won't be back this yr.
TJ?

:lol:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:59 pm

I have to tell this story about Darling that Mike Diedrich told me.
Mike worked with a fella named John Quinn. Quinn caught for the Holy Cross baseball team at the same time Darling was pitching for Yale. Even then, Darling had a reputation for being a nice guy and was well respected.

On this day, Darling was playing against Holy Cross.
In his first at bat, he stepped in the batters box and without looking at him, he says,
"You Quinn?"
The reply was yes.
"Nice to meet you and your Mom is sitting next to our dugout. She wanted one of us to let you know that she brought you some lunch."

Classic.
On my tombstone-

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Just sick; great talent lost and a guy I have been drafting early, especially in the two auction I have done. Early drafting at your own risk. I have a friend that gets on my case when injuries happen because he won't draft early. Anyone want to guess who that it??
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:02 pm

duesman24 wrote:The Muts just can't catch a break. Boy are they lucky they didn't trade any of there starting pitching or maybe they should've traded one of the guys who hasn't had to surgery yet. It's a crap shoot.
Contradicted yourself there. The breaks USUALLY even out in the long run and the Mets are lucky they still have an abundance of pitching, more than my Phillies that's for sure.

VERY bad break for those who drafted Wheeler though. Way different that Darvish, which was an easy prediction. Nobody could have seen this one coming here.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Stories are coming out now the Mets knew something was very wrong with Wheeler as early as last August.

If this is true there's a lot of fantasy GMs who were burned and will never trust them again..
(seen on Twitter but no attribution)
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 5716 times
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz