"New" Player Search through Free Agents

Money

"New" Player Search through Free Agents

Post by Money » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:07 am

The new "Search" tool for the FAAB process is a great addition. I may not be using correctly so far so please correct me if I am missing anything.

When searching for a player with the free agents you can click on the magnifying glass to inform you which of your leagues this player is available in by supplying you a list of all of your teams. There is no action that you can take at that point to impact any of your other teams. Also, if the player you are searching for is not in that particular league you need to go through the process again with another team until you find one where he is available and then you get your list.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. The magnifying glass should be included on each player page after using the normal player search function. You then should have the ability to see your list of teams. The player should not have to be available in that particular league, he would simply show up on the list as unavailable. This is currently communicated with the word No.

2. When you get to the list you should have the ability to track this player on all of your teams. As it stands now you have to write down each team he is available on and go to that league and add him to your tracked list.

While this is a great start, in its current form (as I understand it) this does very little to save any time during the course of the FAAB process.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Re: "New" Player Search through Free Agents

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am

Thanks for the feedback Joe and I've sent these suggestions to IT. Let's see if any of them can be done quickly.

Again, this was a Quick Fix to give you a quicker Search among all your teams ready by Week 1. We know what needs to be done next as far as adding Tracking tools, Bid on Player tools, but all of that will need to be programmed. Keep the suggestions coming and we'll get them on the To Do list and done during the season. This remains a top priority for us, but we need your feedback to make this the best free agent system we can have.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Money wrote:The new "Search" tool for the FAAB process is a great addition. I may not be using correctly so far so please correct me if I am missing anything.

When searching for a player with the free agents you can click on the magnifying glass to inform you which of your leagues this player is available in by supplying you a list of all of your teams. There is no action that you can take at that point to impact any of your other teams. Also, if the player you are searching for is not in that particular league you need to go through the process again with another team until you find one where he is available and then you get your list.

1. The magnifying glass should be included on each player page after using the normal player search function. You then should have the ability to see your list of teams. The player should not have to be available in that particular league, he would simply show up on the list as unavailable. This is currently communicated with the word No.

2. When you get to the list you should have the ability to track this player on all of your teams. As it stands now you have to write down each team he is available on and go to that league and add him to your tracked list.

While this is a great start, in its current form (as I understand it) this does very little to save any time during the course of the FAAB process.

Great points. I loved the new feature to search but as I just began using it I'm realizing its not saving anytime without #1 in place. I just searched for a player going into 7 separate teams to finally stumble upon the one where he was available. I was unable to use the search feature on the first 6 since he wasn't a FA. it would be terrific if IT can get this done ASAP as it will be a huge enhancement once perfected. Thanks

Jason

COZ

Post by COZ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:59 pm

Ohhhhhh. WOW. This is an awesome new feature.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

lrr

Post by lrr » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:10 am

I also think this will be a great feature. The comments above will help greatly if those features are added. I have two other changes that I think would be helpful.

1. When the list of teams pops up, it lists your draft championship leagues where there is no FAAB. For me, this is unnecessary clutter. If those can be deleted from the list, it would be helpful.

2. When your teams appear it says (for example) Main event and the date which is confusing to me since I know my teams by team name now. I'd prefer if my team names pop up if possible.

Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:26 am

lrr wrote:I also think this will be a great feature. The comments above will help greatly if those features are added. I have two other changes that I think would be helpful.

1. When the list of teams pops up, it lists your draft championship leagues where there is no FAAB. For me, this is unnecessary clutter. If those can be deleted from the list, it would be helpful.

2. When your teams appear it says (for example) Main event and the date which is confusing to me since I know my teams by team name now. I'd prefer if my team names pop up if possible.

Thanks.
Good suggestions. Keep 'em coming. These seem like easy fixes, so I'll see what we can do. Thanks guys.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Have any of these suggestions been done on faab? It doesn't look like it but maybe I'm missing something.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Red Sox Nation- wrote:
Money wrote:The new "Search" tool for the FAAB process is a great addition. I may not be using correctly so far so please correct me if I am missing anything.

Great points. I loved the new feature to search but as I just began using it I'm realizing its not saving anytime without #1 in place. I just searched for a player going into 7 separate teams to finally stumble upon the one where he was available. I was unable to use the search feature on the first 6 since he wasn't a FA. it would be terrific if IT can get this done ASAP as it will be a huge enhancement once perfected. Thanks

Jason

Hi Greg,

Any update on this? (#1 above) The search feature really needs this to enable time savings. I find myself still having to go through each and every league to find some players. Once IT can tweak this it will be a terrific time saver. Thanks

Jason