NFBC & Fanduel.com To Host Tuesday Contest

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC & Fanduel.com To Host Tuesday Contest

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:54 pm

We are very proud this year to be working with Fanduel.com, the leader in the Daily Fantasy Sports space. A total of 580 of our NFBC members signed up for the $100 promotion with Fanduel.com, saving our customers a total of $58,000 in NFBC entry fees!! :D Wow, very nice.

Now we want to give you a contest you're familiar with to use some of the $50 you deposited on Fanduel.com. Each Tuesday starting on April 14th Fanduel will create a daily game just for NFBC members. Cost will be $25 and we'll pay off the Top 5 finishers. The contest will be limited to 91 spots and no more than 3 entries per person. The top prize will be a free entry into the 2016 NFBC Main Event.

We chose Tuesday nights because all 30 teams play most every Tuesday night. We found out that Friday nights was tough on NFBC owners because they were busy making starting lineup changes. Nothing is happening on Tuesday nights, so this is a good day to play for this contest each week. We also chose to try this contest at $25 rather than $50 to get more people to play. And we chose to pay 5 prizes since we are now at 91 spots.

Fanduel has promised to open this contest earlier on Tuesday morning for us and we'll post the link each week on the Message Boards and in our email newsletter. As long as we can keep filling this up with only NFBC members we'll keep the contest rolling just with our members every week of the season. I think we have a nice plan in place this year and I'd love to have 25 owners earn free NFBC Main Event entries for 2016. That's a nice win for $25.

Okay, here's the plan and the prize pool:

NFBC/Fanduel Daily Game
Cost of Entry: $25 (Maximum of 3 Entries Per Owner)
Tuesday, April 14th Night Games
Prize Pool:
1st Place - FREE 2016 NFBC Main Event Entry ($1,600 Value)
2nd Place - $150
3rd Place - $100
4th Place - $75
5th Place - $75

We can tweak the entry fee, the prizes and anything else as we learn each week, but right now this is a good starting point. Please provide any feedback on this format and look for the Fanduel link next Tuesday morning. This could be a really good thing for all of us. :D Thanks all and thank you Fanduel.com.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Blowinmudd

Re: NFBC & Fanduel.com To Host Tuesday Contest

Post by Blowinmudd » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Can the entry be used for football or baseball?

Gotta get in it to win it!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Blowinmudd wrote:Can the entry be used for football or baseball?

Gotta get in it to win it!!!
Yes, no problem there. We can make it work on any of the sports.

I like the fact that you're already planning on how to spend those winnings!! :mrgreen:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Motorboat Jones

Post by Motorboat Jones » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Awesome ! I used the free entry that I won last year to enter this year's Main Event for the first time ! Very fun and exciting...might have to enter every year from now on, free entry or not :D

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:44 pm

A quick note here. Fanduel offered up $58,000 for the NFBC. That's awesome. DraftKings would not honor existing customers during their promotions with other fantasy sports businesses. They would not budge or work with these businesses. I'll be entering the Fanduel contest every Tuesday and also support Fanduel over all competitors simply due to their loyalty to us. :D

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:18 am

The sooner the game is created and a link is posted for us the better the chances we fill it quickly and gauge demand for more of them.
Last year saw a lot of early interest but that waned after a handful of contests as most of us in the field experienced failure.

May I suggest paying 2nd thru 20th an equal share of the prize pool ($21) to keep the players on the hook as far as interest goes? I keep hearing how 2nd place is the first loser so there's really no reason to have a larger prize there and more people with nothing to show for trying.

Just an idea to increase retention possibly.
Heck, pay $10 each to spots 2-41 if you think it'll keep people playing. A top heavy structure tends to encourage dropouts and gives the one-time player who deposits $50 only two kicks at the can. Even a small win will keep them interested a while longer.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Greg,
Thx for your partnership with FanDuel.com. It was nice to be able to save a C-note off the Main Event entry fee and to be able to play for a free entry into next year's event. It is aggressive marketing like this that will keep the NFBC at the top of the fantasy baseball world for many years to come. :mrgreen: Will this Tuesday event be on a first come, first served basis or can we secure a spot in advance?
Rich McCormick-Astoria,NY

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:25 pm

mlbbug wrote:Greg,
Thx for your partnership with FanDuel.com. It was nice to be able to save a C-note off the Main Event entry fee and to be able to play for a free entry into next year's event. It is aggressive marketing like this that will keep the NFBC at the top of the fantasy baseball world for many years to come. :mrgreen: Will this Tuesday event be on a first come, first served basis or can we secure a spot in advance?
Rich McCormick-Astoria,NY
Thanks Rich. Appreciate the comments.

It will be a first come, first serve with the first 91 entries. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Awesome. Glad to hear this is back.

As an NFBC member I am grateful for the opportunity to win a Main entry for $25. If it takes 6 tries and it ends up being $150, so be it, still a nice savings. And I just love competing in DFS anyway. I don't understand why it's ONLY NFBC'ers though. If you run into problems filling these up again Greg (which is just :roll: ) why not put the contest in the Main Lobby on FD ?

Wouldn't more exposure of the NFBC to FD's user base be a GOOD thing ?

I'm in it for the Main Entry, not 2nd place. However that doesn't mean I agree that 2nd place should be paid the same as 20th. This ain't a double up, it's a GPP. The prize structure suggested is fine w/ me.
Always be closing.

Rog

Post by Rog » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Not that my opinion matters but I think there should be a way to add another $100 to the pot and just pay out 1/2/3
main event for first
online team for 2nd
draft champions team for 3rd
I get at least 6 cracks at it before I could of just bought my own.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 am

Rog wrote:Not that my opinion matters but I think there should be a way to add another $100 to the pot and just pay out 1/2/3
main event for first
online team for 2nd
This sounds like a terrific idea for the prize structure.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:22 am

Yah Mule wrote:
Rog wrote:Not that my opinion matters but I think there should be a way to add another $100 to the pot and just pay out 1/2/3
main event for first
online team for 2nd
This sounds like a terrific idea for the prize structure.
I agree with this if you think there should be a limited number of these NFBC contests at FanDuel.
But if you want it to be a weekly offering all season long it's important to retain players and that's why I suggested paying $10 each to those who finish 2 thru 41.

You'll probably get at least 75% of the entire player pool coming back every week. If it pays only 3 spots you'll get 4-5 weeks at most.

Either way it's going to be a lot of fun.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:36 am

rockitsauce wrote:I don't understand why it's ONLY NFBC'ers though. If you run into problems filling these up again Greg (which is just :roll: ) why not put the contest in the Main Lobby on FD ?

Wouldn't more exposure of the NFBC to FD's user base be a GOOD thing ?
Sure, we'll open it up to the entire Fanduel audience if we can't sell all 91 spots to NFBC members, but that will only be during the last hour. We feel that not all Fanduel members want to play for a free entry to the NFBC Main Event. And we'd like to have full daily contests with only our NFBC members to introduce them to this format. That's the goal, while giving away some entries to the 2016 Main Event. Hopefully it works at the $25 price point.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Who had Ubaldo in DFS tonight?
Not me. :oops:

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 am

main event for first
online team for 2nd
We can always tweak the prizes as we go. Fanduel likes more paybacks and this was their suggestion to have more winners. We can definitely tweak this as we go and if demand is there from NFBC owners we can certainly try a few weeks at this level. Hopefully the demand is strong for the Tuesday Night Specials.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:28 pm

I've started a separate thread for this week's contest, but let's post the details here as well:

Here's the link to the contest:

https://www.fanduel.com/e/Game/MLB_Sala ... 8c38ba45b4

Here is the prize pool for this week:

NFBC/Fanduel Daily Game
Cost of Entry: $25 (Maximum of 3 Entries Per Owner)
Tuesday, April 14th Night Games
1st Place - FREE 2016 NFBC Main Event Entry ($1,600 Value)
2nd Place - $150
3rd Place - $100
4th Place - $75
5th Place - $75

Sign up now to secure your spot and be ready to compete against other NFBC members for these great prizes. Who will be the first member to earn a spot in next year's Main Event. $25 could easily turn into $125,000 or more!!!

Thanks all and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Locked & Loaded with 3 entries. Looking forward to this. Unfortunately I don't have a higher dollar entry option to increase my odds and am left to use my skillzzzzzz. (rolls eyes)

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:23 pm

Goddamn it. It didn't take Nostradamus to know everybody & Gary Oldham was gonna use "the Dark Knight" :roll:

I told my closest confidante here that I was gonna roster CHASE, but he assured me that was madness...don't do that. So, despite the fact that CHASE OWNS THE METS (they call it Utley's Alley out there for a reason) I did NOT roster him.

Well, at least we know the Phils ain't gettin' no-hit tonight :twisted:

BTW, I realize that Chase had been struggling and blah blah blah...tonight was the perfect opportunity. Kudos to all w/ BALLZ who DID roster the best 2B in MLB.
Always be closing.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:52 pm

MUCH respect for Chase Utley. He OWNED Harvey today and after Harvey plunked him on purpose, he just hit his second homer of the night against a LHP reliever in his next AB. Carrying the Phils offense in a difficult matchup. Bad Ass performance regardless of whether they win or not.

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:06 am

Fourslot40 wrote:MUCH respect for Chase Utley. He OWNED Harvey today and after Harvey plunked him on purpose, he just hit his second homer of the night against a LHP reliever in his next AB. Carrying the Phils offense in a difficult matchup. Bad Ass performance regardless of whether they win or not.
I figured he'd be low owned, but NOBODY...I only double checked Andy's l/u's ;) but I don't think even ONE person rostered him in our contest. What's worse is he was 0.6% in the Super LineDrive :shock:

It's nights like these that I'll never forget the words of my old platoon Sgt, "gotta laugh to keep from crying" :lol: :cry:

Congrats MudBlower.
Always be closing.