Pitcher Moves

Pitcher Moves

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:42 am

As I read thru the rules, I read that you can change your active roster at will. So I was wondering, let's say that I draft 15 pitchers, 9 active & 6 reserve. And let's say that I have 9 starters and 6 relievers. Let's say that in a given week I have 3 starters pitching on Tuesday, 3 wednesday and 3 thursday. Can I have 3 starters active, those that are starting along with my 6 relievers, then Wednesday deactivate those 3, and activate the 3 who are starting that night, along with my 6 relievers. Do you get my drift? Or are rosters set on Monday for the whole week...

Pitcher Moves

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:42 am

Any roster moves you make during the week will only take effect on Mondays. In other words roster changes are weekly and not daily.

Pitcher Moves

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:43 am

Joe, you always were one of my favorite relievers (which tells you how old I am). Rosters are finalized for the week each Monday, so you can't move pitchers in and out during that week. I'm doing this to provide more in-season strategy as some people may want to start guys who have two starts that week (watch out for the WHIP and ERA!), while others may want to bench a starter who is pitching at Coors Field that week. It allows more flexibility and more managing each and every week during the season. But we're not ready yet for daily transactions. Now, let's talk about that 1980 NLCS with Philly......