The Rise of a New Era_Gordon_Gekko

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:11 pm

As I sit here and examine my ever-increasing portfolio of cashes in high stakes fantasy sporting events, I ask myself if I will ever be universally recognized as what I am, the greatest fantasy sports player ever. Perhaps the high stakes fantasy industry is too new an arena to actually declare a greatest fantasy sports player ever, but let me tell you, I believe I’m that person. I am ready to unite the two major sports (baseball and football) and be crowned the first National Champion for Football and Baseball. I feel it is my destiny.

After I won the 100K in football, I believed I could do no wrong and felt I didn’t have to prepare like I had always done, year in and year out. The results showed, as I failed to cash in the NFFC in 2005. But with failure comes a rebirth of sorts. I’m a new man, if you will. I decided to go back to what made me so successful. I invested more time and energy into doing the things that made me successful in 2004 and for many years before that. Again, the results showed this year, as my dedication enabled me to cash in 6 more NFFC events (two league championships, three 2nd place finishes, and one 3rd place finish), while playing against the best of the best.

Like everyone, I have no idea what the immediate future holds, but I do know that my skill and perseverance will eventually pay off to the tune of 100K in fantasy baseball. Is 2007 the year? I can’t be certain of that, but I can be certain of this...to beat me this year, you’ll need to dig down deep and invest more time and energy than me, while utilizing all of the baseball information available more effectively than me. Sounds impossible, but you guys are up for a challenge, right?

Are you listening CC Desperados, Eddie G, Doughboy, and all the rest? Because of you, I’ve cleared my calendar and made the NFBC...Priority #1. Think you got what it takes to stop me? Take a second and answer that. If you’re like most, you will doubt me. Revisit your answer come October 2007. At that time, you will realize that this is my world.

Thank you.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:31 pm

I'm ready. I'm signed up for every event in baseball. I don't see your name in any of the other events. Greg really should have an all-time money leader list. I think at this point David DiDonato is the leading money winner all-time.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:37 pm

After three years of trying to win the 100K in baseball, I’ve decided to call it quits in the NFBC.

My finishes are as follows:

2004 – 93rd out of 195

2005 - 74th out of 300

2006 - 106th out of 330

While these are respectable finishes, they don’t meet my expectations and will not be tolerated. I gave it a shot, and it hasn’t worked out. Remember this one from the greatest all-time player ever? :D
Chance favors the prepared mind.

poopy tooth

Post by poopy tooth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:37 pm

I'm ready. I'm signed up for every event in baseball. I don't see your name in any of the other events. Greg really should have an all-time money leader list. I think at this point David DiDonato is the leading money winner all-time. Is that for NFBC and NFFC combined? I know he has won grand prize in NFBC, but not sure of rest. What about the badAss? He's won at least two Ultamite League titles I believe and possibly more...I know that's not the $100K others have won, but I would think he and Gekko would also be in top 5...at least top 10 anyway...

Greg...will you ever post this or is it something that owners may want to keep to themselves...afterall, a wife or two my read over someone's unsuspecting shoulder and want half!!! :eek:

Cooperstown

Post by Cooperstown » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:40 pm

I would think the greatest ever would have better NFBC finishes than what you had the past 3 years.

From your own words posted October 08, 2006.

"After three years of trying to win the 100K in baseball, I’ve decided to call it quits in the NFBC.

2004 – 93rd out of 195

2005 - 74th out of 300

2006 - 106th out of 330

While these are respectable finishes, they don’t meet my expectations and will not be tolerated. I gave it a shot, and it hasn’t worked out. ....."

BUT I AM GLAD YOU'RE BACK.

Cooperstown

Post by Cooperstown » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:41 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

quote: After three years of trying to win the 100K in baseball, I’ve decided to call it quits in the NFBC.

2004 – 93rd out of 195

2005 - 74th out of 300

2006 - 106th out of 330

While these are respectable finishes, they don’t meet my expectations and will not be tolerated. I gave it a shot, and it hasn’t worked out. Remember this one from the greatest all-time player ever? :D [/QUOTE]LOL, we both found his old quote at the same time.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:48 pm

mock me now, praise me later. i will remember

[ December 28, 2006, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:50 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

As I sit here and examine my ever-increasing portfolio of cashes in high stakes fantasy sporting events, I ask myself if I will ever be universally recognized as what I am, the greatest fantasy sports player ever. Perhaps the high stakes fantasy industry is too new an arena to actually declare a greatest fantasy sports player ever, but let me tell you, I believe I’m that person. I am ready to unite the two major sports (baseball and football) and be crowned the first National Champion for Football and Baseball. I feel it is my destiny.

After I won the 100K in football, I believed I could do no wrong and felt I didn’t have to prepare like I had always done, year in and year out. The results showed, as I failed to cash in the NFFC in 2005. But with failure comes a rebirth of sorts. I’m a new man, if you will. I decided to go back to what made me so successful. I invested more time and energy into doing the things that made me successful in 2004 and for many years before that. Again, the results showed this year, as my dedication enabled me to cash in 6 more NFFC events (two league championships, three 2nd place finishes, and one 3rd place finish), while playing against the best of the best.

Like everyone, I have no idea what the immediate future holds, but I do know that my skill and perseverance will eventually pay off to the tune of 100K in fantasy baseball. Is 2007 the year? I can’t be certain of that, but I can be certain of this...to beat me this year, you’ll need to dig down deep and invest more time and energy than me, while utilizing all of the baseball information available more effectively than me. Sounds impossible, but you guys are up for a challenge, right?

Are you listening CC Desperados, Eddie G, Doughboy, and all the rest? Because of you, I’ve cleared my calendar and made the NFBC...Priority #1. Think you got what it takes to stop me? Take a second and answer that. If you’re like most, you will doubt me. Revisit your answer come October 2007. At that time, you will realize that this is my world.

Thank you. Welcome back Mark. By the way, if you keep doing this to yourself in public, you will probably get arrested. :D
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:50 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

I'm ready. I'm signed up for every event in baseball. I don't see your name in any of the other events. my agenda only contains one event, the main. is there another event that i could add 100K to my resume for very little $ investment?

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Originally posted by poopy tooth:

quote:I'm ready. I'm signed up for every event in baseball. I don't see your name in any of the other events. Greg really should have an all-time money leader list. I think at this point David DiDonato is the leading money winner all-time. Is that for NFBC and NFFC combined? I know he has won grand prize in NFBC, but not sure of rest. What about the badAss? He's won at least two Ultamite League titles I believe and possibly more...I know that's not the $100K others have won, but I would think he and Gekko would also be in top 5...at least top 10 anyway...

Greg...will you ever post this or is it something that owners may want to keep to themselves...afterall, a wife or two my read over someone's unsuspecting shoulder and want half!!! :eek: [/QUOTE]Gekko won the NFFC for $100,000. He had a partner. I say he won $50,000 plus that year. Mr. DiDonato won at least $152,500 the last two year in baseball. I don't think he had a partner. There isn't one listed on the ultimate owner list.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:55 pm

quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

I'm ready. I'm signed up for every event in baseball. I don't see your name in any of the other events. my agenda only contains one event, the main. is there another event that i could add 100K to my resume for very little $ investment? [/QUOTE]It's all about profit in the events. Are you saying you can't make a profit in the other events? You play all formats in football. I know you can't win $100,000 in a $650 draft champions event, but you play.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:04 pm

It's all about profit in the events. Are you saying you can't make a profit in the other events? You play all formats in football. I know you can't win $100,000 in a $650 draft champions event, but you play. baseball is an EVERYDAY game watching scores and scores of players/boxscores/news. football is a couple-time-a-week game. a lot different time investment is required. with that said, i believe there is a saturation point to the number of leagues one can be in. if you're in too many leagues, all of them suffer from lack of attention. with baseball, that number is very low for me.

as for the other NFBC events, i'm interested in the auction and Ultimate, but i feel that both of them will take away time from my real prize this year...the main event. in addition, i'd like to see more payout for the Ult league before i invest any funds.

everything comes down to ROI.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

It's all about profit in the events. Are you saying you can't make a profit in the other events? You play all formats in football. I know you can't win $100,000 in a $650 draft champions event, but you play. baseball is an EVERYDAY game watching scores and scores of players/boxscores/news. football is a couple-time-a-week game. a lot different time investment is required. with that said, i believe there is a saturation point to the number of leagues one can be in. if you're in too many leagues, all of them suffer from lack of attention. with baseball, that number is very low for me.

as for the other NFBC events, i'm interested in the auction and Ultimate, but i feel that both of them will take away time from my real prize this year...the main event. in addition, i'd like to see more payout for the Ult league before i invest any funds.

everything comes down to ROI.
[/QUOTE]I beleive we will have a $7500 league in Vegas. All of the increase goes into the prize fund. Isn't that a better pay-out percent?

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:17 pm

i believe there is a saturation point to the number of leagues one can be in. if you're in too many leagues, all of them suffer from lack of attention. with baseball, that number is very low for me. Don't know if this is true for everyone but it certainly is for me. I may have a partner in a satellite league who will handle the day-to-day affairs of the team. I can handle about three at a time.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:19 pm

I beleive we will have a $7500 league in Vegas. All of the increase goes into the prize fund. Isn't that a better pay-out percent? I didn't know about that. If I went to vegas and wanted to play another league, this would be a consideration.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:25 pm

The way I look at the Ultimate is that you're setting out to win the league. If you do, you get $40,000 for your $5,000. That's better than 50% of the total monies received. You're really not going to do better much than that in any league you join, be it NFBC, private, or whatever.

While it would be great if the overall payout was higher (in the event that the master plan doesn't quite come to fruition), I think the 8x payout is pretty compelling.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:30 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

The way I look at the Ultimate is that you're setting out to win the league. If you do, you get $40,000 for your $5,000. That's better than 50% of the total monies received. You're really not going to do better much than that in any league you join, be it NFBC, private, or whatever.

While it would be great if the overall payout was higher (in the event that the master plan doesn't quite come to fruition), I think the 8x payout is pretty compelling. I'm assuming you live on one of them islands without personal income taxes

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:37 pm

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

While it would be great if the overall payout was higher (in the event that the master plan doesn't quite come to fruition), I think the 8x payout is pretty compelling. I'm assuming you live on one of them islands without personal income taxes
[/QUOTE]Funny stuff.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:38 pm

posted September 19, 2006 08:12 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by bustouts:

ok , u twisted my arm, I'm in!!

What we'll do is take $5,000 Ultimate League signups and put next to your name (would do $7,500 Ultimate League) and if we get to 15 for that we'll run it. Obviously, we don't hit anyone's credit card until those leagues are full, so there's no worry about committing to it early. My hope is that through our MLB.com promotions that we have planned this off-season, that all of our leagues will grow and this area is one growth spot I expect to see.

At $7,500 per team, we could do something like $60,000 for first place, $25,000 for second and $12,500 for third. That's an 87 percent payout. Just a thought for now.

[ September 19, 2006, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

--------------------

Greg Ambrosius

Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:56 am

Greg - how much pub can you get me if I win the 100K in baseball?

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:23 am

Gordon,

Why exactly ask that? Until you are demonstrated you can win a BB, why waste Greg's time?

Spyhunter aka Sir Lawrence

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:54 am

Spy - why did you waste your time, my time, and anyone else's time who read your post?

The writing is on the wall. This year, my skill and prep will run over you and many others and leave you as roadkill.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:31 am

Greg - how much pub can you get me if I win the 100K in baseball? I can guarantee you or anyone else who wins this year's title a spot on the cover of Fantasy Sports Magazine and more. As the only high-stakes baseball event in the industry, our champion should become a star on a content online site. Who would you rather hear from, an industry guy like myself who hasn't won much money playing this game or from someone who just won $100,000 beating the best players in the country? It's an easy answer.

I'll work on getting David DiDonato some press before this baseball season and then worry about you or anyone else who wins the 2007 title later! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:04 am

Greg - that isn't good enough. I need some fast cars and fast women. Throw in a calendar of krause's hottest women nude, and we got a deal

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:52 pm

Throw in a calendar of krause's hottest women nude, and we got a deal I'm sure Greg already knows this, but the best response to this statement...is nothing! :D