Prizes To Go Out On Friday

Tom Kessenich

Prizes To Go Out On Friday

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:24 pm

With hundreds of leagues and thousands of prize winners this year the prize payout process took a little bit longer than past years. We apologize for the slight delay but can now say that prize checks and direct deposits will begin going out on Friday.

Don’t forget ALL U.S. prize winners must submit the Online W9 form in order to receive your winnings. This form is on your team page under Settings. You do not have to submit the form if you are a Canadian resident or have won prizes from us in any of our three contests the past four years and your contact information has not changed.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gekko

Re: Prizes To Begin Going Out This Week

Post by Gekko » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:36 am

It's almost the middle of the week! What's the game plan for folks receiving checks? :idea:

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:43 pm

As was once said in movie Jerry Maguire guys its time to stop all the talk and just "show me the money"! :mrgreen: Enough with all the delays and lets get this prize money paid out.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Quack

Post by Quack » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:15 am

guess Wednesday wasn't the day....at least not here

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:43 am

Looking back at last year's "payment" thread, checks were mailed October 21 and October 22. This year, it looks like payment will be at least two weeks behind. I believe the season ended earlier last year, so that could account for a week. Still, Frustration mounting without a "firm" payment date

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:30 am

Last year season ended 9/28. So 23-24 days for checks.
This year season ended 10/4. So 31 and counting.

Starting to remind me of CDM.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:43 am

Everyone, we hope to have an update about checks going out. We were told they would begin going out in the middle of this week which is today so based on that information no checks would have arrived yesterday or this morning. What's happened is our accounting department was given a high priority assignment that took precedence over everything else. Hopefully that will be concluded and then our prizes will start going out. Again, as soon as we are given the green light by accounting we will let everyone know.

We pride ourselves on paying promptly and have done that every year since 2004. With the return of Direct Deposits people should receive their prizes sooner than ever before. Hopefully there will only be a delay of a week or so here and then we can get you the money you earned this season. That's the goal :) but we do apologize for the slight delay in the prize payout process this year.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:05 am

does that mean we are delayed another week from now?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:08 am

76erfan wrote:does that mean we are delayed another week from now?
No, I didn't say that. As soon as we get the green light from accounting that prizes are going out we'll let everyone know. We'll post it here, in our email newsletter and on team pages.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:18 am

Thanks for clarifying...I wasn't sure how to read "Hopefully there will only be a delay of a week or so here and then we can get you the money you earned this season."

Hopefully its any day now.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:19 am

It means we're about a week later in sending our prizes than we have been in the past and it's my hope that's all it will be.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:52 am

We were told that project ended last Wednesday; that said, in my case, I opted for direct deposit; how difficult I'd direct deposit?? Again, as in years past, I.e., the new draft room will be ready (insert a date) and it never happened as promised. Don't tell us something will happen when you're not sure. Prior to people asking about the prize money, inform us the accounting department has a huge project, don't tell us after the fact. Again, I'm not waiting for a check, I'm waiting for DD, any update on that?
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:59 am

We were told last week that prizes would begin going out in the middle of this week. We are hoping to get an update today with confirmation about that. As soon as we get it, we will provide an update. Trust me, nobody wants you guys to get your winnings more than Greg and I do. It's not like we can't pay or won't pay. Everyone will be paid. That is a 100% guarantee and hopefully our veterans know that and believe that. We just need to get confirmation that accounting has completed the high-priority assignment they were tasked with and then prizes will start going out. Once we get that confirmation we'll let everyone know. That's a promise.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:31 am

"When do we get our check?"

"Still haven't gotten it!"

"You promised us it would be sent today!"

"Got my check today!"

"You guys are the best!"

"Let's Draft!"

- Our yearly ritual.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:39 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:"When do we get our check?"

"You promised us it would be sent today!"

"Got my check today!"

"You guys are the best!"

"Let's Draft!"

- Our yearly ritual.
True. The ritual is the same, just the dates seem to be changing.

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:36 am

What's disappointing is that everything about this contest, including Greg and Tom, are first rate. I'm married with kids and I have responsibilities that maybe others don't have so when I win some money here it would be nice to receive it before the details of the season are long forgotten. Someone said once we get paid everything will be okay. That's not true. The next time I win money here I'll wonder if there's going to be "unforeseen delays" due to "audits" that occur just as the baseball season has ended.
CDM paid money three weeks ago. Seriously. And they hardly try anymore.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:39 am

Some people don't get the point but let me clear it up for the ones who seem confused and want to post about rituals; don't report--state--give information prior to having the correct information. I don't give a rats assigned I don't get my money u till spring; please read the quote at the bottom of my page; it speaks volumes.
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:47 am

Luny, I feel the same way. Don't tell us "soon" if it's not soon and "Middle of next week" if it's not middle of next week.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:48 am

Again this post is meant for the Accounting team:

advertising the "quickest payments in the industry" might not be the best thing moving forward.

Maybe change to "the quickest payments in the industry assuming their are no projects going on and assuming a 10 day window for the post office to deliver"

When trying to attract new players, delayed payments don't help

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:57 am

My father passed away on March 15th, just two days before a draft I entered was to begin. Greg was so understanding and accommodating that I will always have a special place in my heart for this contest. I just hate to see this season, that began with so much personal turmoil, end on such a sour note.
Last edited by Timcards on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:We just need to get confirmation that accounting has completed the high-priority assignment they were tasked with and then prizes will start going out.
Tom, I know this is not coming from you, but this is what a really, really dumb company would do. If the customer isn't the company's highest priority you've got (and by you, I mean STATS) screwed up priorities. Especially with the uneasiness around industry legislation, this is something customers are going to remember.

The accounting function doesn't generate revenue, it's an expense, and now they're risking taking away revenue by making customers uneasy. Whoever is managing this process (and we know it isn't you or Greg) should be Pep Hamilton'd.

signed,
professional analyst of C-level company management

Roger Dorn

Post by Roger Dorn » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Timcards wrote:Luny, I feel the same way. Don't tell us "soon" if it's not soon and "Middle of next week" if it's not middle of next week.
Some people consider Wednesday the middle of the week :geek:

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Roger, I think you misunderstood my reply. I meant they shouldn't tell us we will receive our money the middle of the week if we are not going to receive it the middle of the week.