Draft Room Corrections

mdecav

Draft Room Corrections

Post by mdecav » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:16 am

Kris Bryant does not qualify at OF. He played 19 games in the OF last year per baseball reference and mlb.com

Also Greg - I sent you two e-mails of guys who haven't played a game in the majors to add to the list; they do not appear to be there.

jvetter

Re: Draft Room Corrections

Post by jvetter » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:49 am

He has 22 according to Fangraphs. Also at baseball reference if total up his LF,CF, and RF it totals 22 (same at MLB.com). I am guessing that it doesn't add up because he switched from RF-CF on 8-27, from LF-CF on 9-23, and from CF-RF on 9-28. So he only actually appeared in the OF 19 games but if you go by separate positions it totals 22. Which one is right?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Bryant should only be eligible at 3B

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Gekko is correct as is first posted - Bryant played 19 games in the OF last year - he doesn't get extra games for switching from LF>RF in some games

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Not only did he have just 19 games where he appeared as an outfielder, he played a total of just 98 innings in the outfield. That doesn't even amount to 11 complete games.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:49 pm

jvetter wrote:He has 22 according to Fangraphs. Also at baseball reference if total up his LF,CF, and RF it totals 22 (same at MLB.com). I am guessing that it doesn't add up because he switched from RF-CF on 8-27, from LF-CF on 9-23, and from CF-RF on 9-28. So he only actually appeared in the OF 19 games but if you go by separate positions it totals 22. Which one is right?
What you're seeing on Fangraphs is the way CBS and NFBC calculates position eligibility in my experience.

Case in point: during the 2015 season Joey Gallo went from 8gp in OF to 10gp in OF after one day when he started in LF and then moved to CF.

The stats for leagues which distinguish between LF, CF and RF each gained a GP and the equation NFBC uses to determine OF is the sum total of each OF position. Bryant's 8+7+7=22

Not sure why they do it this way, but it's not a new development. They've been doing this for a long time.
Attachments
bryant.jpg
bryant.jpg (56.57 KiB) Viewed 3665 times
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Deadhedz is correct -- this is how it has been handled in-season.

Bryant might be the first example of a player who has less than 20 total games at OF, but more than 20 appearances at LF+CF+RF.

In any event, the situation needs a ruling. This is exactly why we pay Greg the BIG BUCKS :lol:

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Bryant 19 games at OF is the always been the way the NFBC has handled it. Never have they gave a guy 2 or 3 games at OF for one game played at different OF positions.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:35 pm

The bigger issue right now is that we are back to using an archaic version of the draft room for this season since STATS and their crack (or on crack) IT team is apparently redesigning the "new" and "improved" draft room that was unveiled last season. Obviously none of us on here knew this until the first few drafts just started today including the Fast DC which I set up. I believed as I think the rest of us did, that we would at least have the new draft room from last year, and not be going backwards. So we are back to being relegated to using either the old Flash or HTML versions of the draft room on our computers, and only the HTML version on our mobile devices. At this point, I don't really give a shit as long as I can draft, but the problem is the HTML draft room is lagging and freezing badly on my phone for some reason which never was the case, and it is making it near impossible to draft away from my computer. This is also wreaking havoc on me being able to facilitate anything "fast" from the road. Can someone at least check this out for us ASAP, Greg, and find out what's up? Anyone else experiencing this problem?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Mozilla Firefox seems to have done the trick for me for now if anyone else is having the same problem. Chrome and Internet Explorer don't seem to support the HTML draft room well for some reason for me. It would still be nice to have the system de-bugged, or better yet replaced with software that's optimal. :?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:02 pm

mdecav wrote:Kris Bryant does not qualify at OF. He played 19 games in the OF last year per baseball reference and mlb.com

Also Greg - I sent you two e-mails of guys who haven't played a game in the majors to add to the list; they do not appear to be there.
I will check on Bryant. Yeah, we will add the deeper minor-leaguers once we get rolling.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Nfbc has always gone with baseball reference when it comes to off season position eligibility

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:50 am

mdecav wrote:Kris Bryant does not qualify at OF. He played 19 games in the OF last year per baseball reference and mlb.com
I've asked IT to manually change this on our site. Bryant should qualify at only 3B. He played 19 games in the OF:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... kr01.shtml

We'll adjust that. Thanks for the heads up.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:18 pm

Greg, what happened to the new draft room?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:33 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Greg, what happened to the new draft room?
The new HTML draft room is undergoing some slight redesigns. We changed it in football and want to keep that look consistent. Basically we have the latest draft results vertically down the right-hand rail rather than horizontally over two columns. That was a big complaint from last year in baseball. We definitely will have the new HTML draft room ready soon enough as we all want to get off Flash.

That being said, like every draft room in the industry, folks will have opinions of what they like and don't like. At this point we need to get this draft room launched in all sports so that folks can more easily draft on the latest computer devices, whether that's iPads or laptops or whatever, and tweak from there. We'll take your input, but the key is to get this launched and working flawlessly. Then we can tweak the features. Flash isn't on Apple products, so we're making it too difficult for those customers right now. We need to upgrade this draft room and the app down the road.

Hope that helps. When I have more information I'll provide it, but we didn't want to delay the launch by waiting on this redesign.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius