The Second Fast DC of the 2016 Season!

Baseball Furies

The Second Fast DC of the 2016 Season!

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:13 am

Okay, the first one was a huge success, so let's see if the second one will be just as good or even better. Many of you may have gotten the itch by now like we did to bang out one of these bad boys in a little over five days. So who wants in on this one with MTM facilitation included at no extra charge? However, here's the catch: I don't want every one of these I do to end up being with the same cast of characters. So I am looking for 14 different competitors that didn't get in on the first one, especially some new blood that I can teach what it means to "fast draft" one of these DC's in five days or less. It's a great experience, and once you do one of these like this, you'll be hooked on doing them all this way. Cell numbers are required to be circulated by all for a nice 8-10 round pace per day. Obviously those of you without some sort of smart phone or mobile device need not apply. So I'm the first one on the list. Who else wants a piece of this kick-ass action? 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

ChipChopChip

Re: The Second Fast DC of the 2016 Season!

Post by ChipChopChip » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:33 pm

I will take a spot
James Maples

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Okay, here's the sign-up list for this one so far. It will start as soon as it fills...or as soon as IT can figure how to start it at the same time as another draft that hasn't filled up yet. :roll: :P

1. Mike Massotto
2. Mike Mager
3. James Maples

Let's hear from some more of you looking to pop your cherry in one of these! :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:11 pm

There are about 80 drafters who have participated in these 'fast/slow drafts that Mike and I have hosted over the last few years.
Not one person has come away sorry that they drafted in them. In fact, for some it is the ONLY way they will approach a DC Draft.
If you are new and on the fence in doing one of these 'fast/slow DC's, jump in. You won't be sorry.

If not entering, don't complain about 'Dick Trickle, Slowville, NC' who takes seven to eight hours with each pick!
(Ha! You know why I just said 'seven TO eight hours? BECAUSE WE CAN'T SAY 'SEVEN-EIGHT HOURS' IN DRAFT CHAT!)
But, I digress, or or make a mess, or confess.

Anyway, if you haven't done one of these, DO IT. You owe it to yourself.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:31 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:There are about 80 drafters who have participated in these 'fast/slow drafts that Mike and I have hosted over the last few years.
Not one person has come away sorry that they drafted in them. In fact, for some it is the ONLY way they will approach a DC Draft.
If you are new and on the fence in doing one of these 'fast/slow DC's, jump in. You won't be sorry.

If not entering, don't complain about 'Dick Trickle, Slowville, NC' who takes seven to eight hours with each pick!
(Ha! You know why I just said 'seven TO eight hours? BECAUSE WE CAN'T SAY 'SEVEN-EIGHT HOURS' IN DRAFT CHAT!)
But, I digress, or or make a mess, or confess.

Anyway, if you haven't done one of these, DO IT. You owe it to yourself.
Thanks Dough. Couldn't agree with you more. Well said as always. I believe you missed out on the first one, so you may in fact be eligible yourself for this one. I'm sure you can manage this one and a slow one at the same time. Probably the only time at your age you'll be offered the opportunity for a two on one. :lol:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:11 pm

I will, Mike. Probably after the new year.
I'm meeting new folks in these slow drafts and having a good time (until one of them pisses me off and turns to Dick Trickle.) being a welcome mat.
And I'm trying to get drafters to come your way.

Some like to bust your balls about your drafting....here's one for you...
A guy in the current draft I'm in, took Mike Pelfrey...
Mike Pelfrey!
Pelfrey once had a ball in his hand beg for it's life while in the wind-up...
Pelfrey is to baseball as Roseanne Barr is to good looking women...
He toed the rubber and his girl friend asked why he was doing that...
Pelfrey makes 60 year-old umpires wish they had a bat...
His catcher too...
When the ball leaves his hand, it is embossed 'Rawlings'
If he gets it back, 'Hillerich and Bradsby'....
Other pitchers have nicknames like 'Fireball' or 'Rapid' or 'Big Train'
Pelfrey's is 'Slumpbuster'...
Mike Pelfrey is a reminder to every kid in America that there is a chance...

The drafter who took him?
Me.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:12 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I will, Mike. Probably after the new year.
I'm meeting new folks in these slow drafts and having a good time (until one of them pisses me off and turns to Dick Trickle.) being a welcome mat.
And I'm trying to get drafters to come your way.

Some like to bust your balls about your drafting....here's one for you...
A guy in the current draft I'm in, took Mike Pelfrey...
Mike Pelfrey!
Pelfrey once had a ball in his hand beg for it's life while in the wind-up...
Pelfrey is to baseball as Roseanne Barr is to good looking women...
He toed the rubber and his girl friend asked why he was doing that...
Pelfrey makes 60 year-old umpires wish they had a bat...
His catcher too...
When the ball leaves his hand, it is embossed 'Rawlings'
If he gets it back, 'Hillerich and Bradsby'....
Other pitchers have nicknames like 'Fireball' or 'Rapid' or 'Big Train'
Pelfrey's is 'Slumpbuster'...
Mike Pelfrey is a reminder to every kid in America that there is a chance...

The drafter who took him?
Me.

Classic. I was wondering when some idiot would be dumb enough to actually draft Mike Pelfrey. ;) :P I figured as soon as Detroit signed him, someone was bound to think, "Hey, Mike Pelfrey, I forgot about him. Wasn't he the ball licker who has been nothing but a complete piece of shit his entire baseball career except for about one month with the Mets about five years ago? Detroit gave him how much fucking money?!!! Wow! I better draft him then. He must have gotten good this off season." :roll: Now watch him go out and win 15 games for them and have a career year across the board. Typical. :oops:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:17 am

Bill Cleavenger has joined the fray. The updated sign-up list is below. Let's keep 'em coming. I have a lot of pissed off regulars contacting me who want in on this if I can't fill it with non-repeaters from this year's first Fast DC. :)

1. Mike Massotto
2. Mike Mager
3. James Maples
4. Bill Cleavenger

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:23 am

I'll take a spot, Mike, but know that I will be totally unreachable on Saturday between about 12:00-2:00 PM mountain time.

jaked2782

Post by jaked2782 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:56 am

If this doesn't fill until next friday I will take a spot but otherwise I will have to wait until the next one.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:25 am

Yah Mule wrote:I'll take a spot, Mike, but know that I will be totally unreachable on Saturday between about 12:00-2:00 PM mountain time.

You got it, Jim. Happy to have you on board for this one. The updated competitors list is below. We're a third of the way there. Let's keep those sign up's coming. Who else wants in for a piece of this Fast DC action? 8-)

1. Mike Massotto
2. Mike Mager
3. James Maples
4. Bill Cleavenger
5. Jim Jeckewicz

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:27 am

jaked2782 wrote:If this doesn't fill until next friday I will take a spot but otherwise I will have to wait until the next one.

Okay, I assume you mean Friday the 18th then? Either way, I just need you to post your name. Thanks and good to have you interested in one of these drafts. :D

jaked2782

Post by jaked2782 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:50 am

Jake Lesandrini..thanks looking forward to it.

and i should be good for this whether it fills before 18th or not..

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:52 pm

Do you have a specified start date or will it be the day after it fills?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:03 am

Big League Wood wrote:Do you have a specified start date or will it be the day after it fills?
No specified start date Wood, but should be the day after it fills. Should take around five days or so to complete. Do you want in? If so, please post your name and I will add you to the list. 8-) Thanks!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:10 am

jaked2782 wrote:Jake Lesandrini..thanks looking forward to it.

and i should be good for this whether it fills before 18th or not..

Welcome aboard, Jake. Happy to have your money, er participation in this one. :P ;) Hope to fill it in the next few days at this pace. 8-) There are others who have inquired who are on the waiting list. Still holding out for some more new blood in one of these. The updated list is below

1. Mike Massotto
2. Mike Mager
3. James Maples
4. Bill Cleavenger
5. Jim Jeckewicz
6. Jake Lesandrini
7. Matt Anderson (tentative depending on start date)

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:42 am

Bump. Let's fill this baby up.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Big League Wood wrote:Do you have a specified start date or will it be the day after it fills?
No specified start date Wood, but should be the day after it fills. Should take around five days or so to complete. Do you want in? If so, please post your name and I will add you to the list. 8-) Thanks!
Yes; Joseph Morrow

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:40 am

Big League Wood wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:
Yes; Joseph Morrow

Cool. The updated list is below. It also includes a few of you who have been busting my balls mercilessly for the last week about opening it up to everyone even if you drafted in the first one. Since I am itching to get going with another draft (and we could have had this one done by now since the date I posted this thread), I say let's go for it! So if you want in, no matter who you are...other than about 5-10 of you who shall remain nameless, just post to this thread now. I can't start this personally until Monday the 14th anyway, but let's fill it up and give the crack IT guys at STATS a chance to figure out how to slide us in and make the software work to get us started by then. :roll: :P

1. Mike Massotto
2. Mike Mager
3. James Maples
4. Bill Cleavenger
5. Jim Jeckewicz
6. Jake Lesandrini
7. Joseph Morrow
8. Total Asshole Thomas Warner
9. Old Asshole George Kleeman
10.Marginal Asshole, but still an Asshole, Bryan Vogel

Any other assholes out there interested? ;) :lol:

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:56 am

Thank you for the inclusion and kind words. Not sure why you are kissing up, I already told you I would give you a list of players that play on teams west of Newark. Hoping you can keep this draft moving a little faster than the last one.

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:31 am

I'm in if there a spot

- Well Paid Asshole
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:45 am

MadCow Sez wrote:I'm in if there a spot

- Well Paid Asshole
You're in, asshole. :mrgreen: I'll update the list at the end of the day. Who else wants a piece of this action and wants to fast draft with these assholes? ;)

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:02 am

MTM's League of Extraordinary Assholes. The cease and desist letter from Alan Moore's barrister is already in transit.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Found a newbie. Steve saunders. Add him to list por favor

ctmbaseball

Post by ctmbaseball » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:04 pm

I want in the LOEA, sign me up