Don't Do A Slow Draft With . . .

rickerbockerNFBC

Don't Do A Slow Draft With . . .

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Just started a DC-8Hour today (1st draft for 2016 season) and was extremely pumped up for it. 2nd overall pick is being a jerk. So, I feel like we should start a list of jerks that you should avoid doing a Slow Draft with. Feel free to add to the list. #1 on the list is . . .

1. Chris Hughes - from North Carolina

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Don't Do A Slow Draft With . . .

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:33 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Just started a DC-8Hour today (1st draft for 2016 season) and was extremely pumped up for it. 2nd overall pick is being a jerk. So, I feel like we should start a list of jerks that you should avoid doing a Slow Draft with. Feel free to add to the list. #1 on the list is . . .

Merry Christmas!! :o

Tom called him as it looks like he has the wrong email address in the system. Hopefully we can get this league rolling along. Enjoy the holidays and this draft all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 pm

I am pretty surprised he is even allowed in any NFBC contest after issues in the past. The amount of $'s he will drive away is far greater than the amount he is going to put in. Hard to believe Tom/Greg would put up with his BS again, let alone subject good customers to him.

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Just started a DC-8Hour today (1st draft for 2016 season) and was extremely pumped up for it. 2nd overall pick is being a jerk. So, I feel like we should start a list of jerks that you should avoid doing a Slow Draft with. Feel free to add to the list. #1 on the list is . . .

Merry Christmas!! :o

Tom called him as it looks like he has the wrong email address in the system. Hopefully we can get this league rolling along. Enjoy the holidays and this draft all.
That wrong email address is:
Going to go out on a limb and say he has not changed in the last 10 months.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Mother. Fucker.

I had the "pleasure" of doing a DC with this asshole last year. If people remember, he went by the name of "Yellow LedBetter" on the message boards and Tom and Greg had to shut this message board down a day in order to kick him out. I figured there was no way he would be allowed back - I am purposely lurking on the DC draft lists to avoid him when I want to join a league.

It is one thing to completely ignore his high-school antics on the chat board. Its another when owners have to wait eight hours because he likes to spite the league when making his pick.

This cancer should not be in any NFBC league. He'll completely ruin the experience for any new owner trying a DC for the first time.
Last edited by mdecav on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Yikes. I'm sticking to fast DCs this year. I don't have the time nor patience to put up with owners like that. Condolences to owners in this league

teflontim

Post by teflontim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:11 pm

I will avoid leagues with that guy. I've found most of the guys in my leagues have been very cool.

Hollenole

Post by Hollenole » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I would do many more DC drafts if not for guys like that.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:21 am

mdecav wrote:Mother. Fucker.

I had the "pleasure" of doing a DC with this asshole last year. If people remember, he went by the name of "Yellow LedBetter" on the message boards and Tom and Greg had to shut this message board down a day in order to kick him out. I figured there was no way he would be allowed back - I am purposely lurking on the DC draft lists to avoid him when I want to join a league.

It is one thing to completely ignore his high-school antics on the chat board. Its another when owners have to wait eight hours because he likes to spite the league when making his pick.

This cancer should not be in any NFBC league. He'll completely ruin the experience for any new owner trying a DC for the first time.

You know what's unbelievable to me (which it shouldn't be based on how decisions are made with this sort of bullshit), is that a complete and like this has been allowed back to play this season despite the insanity and havoc he caused on these boards and in I don't know how many leagues last season which pissed off and/or alienated Lord knows how many good customers of the NFBC! :shock: And for what? A $150 league or two? At what cost to your client base? Come on guys, give us all a fucking break with this shit. :roll: There is such a thing in business and in life as "addition by subtraction", and Chris Hughes should have been subtracted and stayed subtracted for good. Period. :evil:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:04 am

Well, after the first round antics, he's been fine so far. Rounds 2 and 3 were picked quickly. Also, he changed his email address to a normal one. So, perhaps a reprieve is in order.

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:49 am

That's good for everyone. I'm not sure I could take any more of Baseball Furies' refined, professional vocabulary.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:36 am

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Well, after the first round antics, he's been fine so far. Rounds 2 and 3 were picked quickly. Also, he changed his email address to a normal one. So, perhaps a reprieve is in order.
Give it time.

Not everyone in your DC league are on these boards know what's in store.

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:50 am

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Well, after the first round antics, he's been fine so far. Rounds 2 and 3 were picked quickly. Also, he changed his email address to a normal one. So, perhaps a reprieve is in order.
Slow/fast drafting is very contagious in DC drafts. Typically 1-2 slow, uncommunicative owners negatively influence most of the owners involved. So when an owner in the #2 slot takes 5 hours to make a pick many of the other owners get an attitude and decide they will no longer go out of there way to make a timely pick. Instead they will pick when it works for them. As a result we end up with a draft that we have:

46 hours into it with 40 picks made. Less than 1.5 rounds/day pace.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:54 am

Greg and Tom are generally going to give a guy the benefit of the doubt if they believe he's really apologetic. Which is probably a healthier way to go through life than by holding grudges for seven generations the way I do. It is true that people are capable of changing their behavior.

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:26 am

Yah Mule wrote:Greg and Tom are generally going to give a guy the benefit of the doubt if they believe he's really apologetic. Which is probably a healthier way to go through life than by holding grudges for seven generations the way I do. It is true that people are capable of changing their behavior.
Yeah, well this guy clearly is not capable of changing his behavior and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after the things he has said and done to pretty much everyone. It's a slap in the face to everyone here that he is even allowed to participate in any leagues. He is a cancer and likely suffering from some mental health issues.

And for what it's worth, in the league I was in with him, Mr. tough-talk-ROI-guy finished in 13th place with 62.5 points. While we can all have a bad year and finish in 13th place, the most telling indictment of his character, other than what MtM so eloquently articulated, is that he is a QUITTER, failing to make any line-up moves after July 5th. Guess he won't need to declare any income from his "investments" this year.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:58 am

COZ wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:Greg and Tom are generally going to give a guy the benefit of the doubt if they believe he's really apologetic. Which is probably a healthier way to go through life than by holding grudges for seven generations the way I do. It is true that people are capable of changing their behavior.
Yeah, well this guy clearly is not capable of changing his behavior and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after the things he has said and done to pretty much everyone. It's a slap in the face to everyone here that he is even allowed to participate in any leagues. He is a cancer and likely suffering from some mental health issues.

And for what it's worth, in the league I was in with him, Mr. tough-talk-ROI-guy finished in 13th place with 62.5 points. While we can all have a bad year and finish in 13th place, the most telling indictment of his character, other than what MtM so eloquently articulated, is that he is a QUITTER, failing to make any line-up moves after July 5th. Guess he won't need to declare any income from his "investments" this year.

COZ
Had to laugh when I saw in the draft chat that he attributed the problems last year to him being new and having the nerve to bump heads with establishment "experts". Guess that is one way to look at it.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Personally, I would have tried to blackball him from the entire industry for his message board comments last season and I am surprised to see him back. That said, I'm not privy to his conversations with the guys in charge and if they want to give him another chance, I won't second guess them.

I stopped rolling the dice on DC's after a miserable experience in 2014 with some people who seemed to be deliberately sandbagging. Now I only enter the fast DC's. We knocked the last one out in four days.

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:40 pm

I will tell you this . . . we're in round 7 and he's been great to deal with so far after the first round. And, I'm wondering now if day one was truly a mess up. his chat has been very good. his picks have been great. his last pick he took about 1 hour, which in my opinion is completely reasonable, and he even apologized for taking that long. I know i am the one who began this thread, but maybe he's proving me wrong. at least, he has been through round 7.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Last edited by Fourslot40 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

chiznad21

Post by chiznad21 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Chris has been solid so far this draft. I know last year was rough but his communication in the chat room has been consistent and picks made in a very reasonable timeframe. Yes his first pick took a long time and we were all worried but from then on he has been a pleasure and timely. regardless of what has happened in the past he has been solid so far this draft.

Chad

Dak

Post by Dak » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:45 am

chiznad21 wrote:Chris has been solid so far this draft. I know last year was rough but his communication in the chat room has been consistent and picks made in a very reasonable timeframe. Yes his first pick took a long time and we were all worried but from then on he has been a pleasure and timely. regardless of what has happened in the past he has been solid so far this draft.

Chad
Some of these establishment "experts" need to get a life.......................