I'm a Whore for Four!

Baseball Furies

I'm a Whore for Four!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:30 am

Okay, I've been harassed about doing yet another FAST DC literally since the last pick was made in #3. :roll: ;) So here's the deal: Even though "converting" the $400 DC to a FAST DC really isn't looking like an option, there is no reason why we can't fill another one of these and start it by Saturday or Sunday and be done in about four or five days max. So if we fill this one by Saturday at the latest, I will facilitate it and everyone will be satisfied and have their respective draft addictions satiated for the time being. :mrgreen: 8-) I would love to see some fresh meat/guppies/donors jumping into this one, but I will not be prejudice against against the Usual Suspects signing up as well.

So who's game for a FAST DC Four for Whores? And P.S. Anonymous whores are welcome as well. ;)

1. MTM
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Bigperl

Re: I'm a Whore for Four!

Post by Bigperl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:15 am

This Usual Suspect would like to be in, onegaishimasu.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:11 am

Mikey -

I wish I could fleece you in this league, but after much deliberation, I've decided to sit out this year's DCs. Don't get me wrong, I love DC's and have won lots of them; however with no effective way to protect my identity, I'm going without this year. Shame as I usually get in 15-20 of them.

My focus this year will be on the Higher dollar leagues come the beginning of April. Winning in those higher dollar leagues is tough enough on it own given the highly skilled competitors. Whatever edge I think I have very easily be neutralized if my competitors knew what players I take in the majority of my DC leagues.

With DC results being posted online and traded like baseball cards, everyones picks are out there and someone could easily compile all of "Baseball Furies" DC picks or insert whatever owner's name u want

lrr

Post by lrr » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:11 am

Not quite a newbie, but I really enjoyed my first one last week. I'd like a spot in this one too. Thanks, Leonard Ringle.

Streptacular

Post by Streptacular » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:44 am

Count me in please....Dan Setlock

Bigperl

Post by Bigperl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Where is everyone? Need 11 more to start drafting this weekend...

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Here's the updated list for this one. It's Friday, and the countdown has begun to fill this one by tomorrow afternoon. Let's do this! Unlike The Supreme Gekko apparently, the rest of you could use the prep, not to mention the schooling by me a as we go. ;) By the looks of my teams of the previous FAST DC's that I've done so far, I'm going to need some better competition than what I've had so far, so step to the plate and show me what you got! :P :mrgreen:

1.Mike Massotto
2.Marc Perlmutter
3.Dan Setlock
4.Leonard Ringle
5.Jeff Tudor
6.Darren Wasney
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:12 pm

And now for some subliminal messaging to entice you to join us for this draft. Stare closely at your computer screen and you will feel more and more compelled due to my skilled use of subtle marketing.

Don't think this one is even humanly possible. :shock:

Anyone feel a sudden pressing urge to do something yet...including fast draft? :mrgreen:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:50 pm

Darren Wasney will join this one. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

The Duker

Post by The Duker » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Can you just outline the parameters of this Fast DC and the costs and time frames a little bit more clearly?
Norm
Norm 'Duke' Kent

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Darren Wasney will join this one. Thanks.
Great. List has been updated. Glad to have you on board, Darren. 8-)

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:21 pm

The Duker wrote:Can you just outline the parameters of this Fast DC and the costs and time frames a little bit more clearly?
Norm
$150
Most picks are made within minutes, even seconds.
Leave a text number. If a pick has not been made within 10-20 minutes, you will receive a text.
Your pick is expected then. If not, a reason is given and a pick should come soon after that reason.
Sometimes, we'll KNOW we can't make a pick within a reasonable time. Let everybody know.
They'll understand unless it becomes consistent.

We draft at night till somebody says he is going to bed. That drafter putting his 'auto1' on.
This way, everybody knows when the draft will stop for the night.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:33 pm

The Duker wrote:Can you just outline the parameters of this Fast DC and the costs and time frames a little bit more clearly?
Norm

Sure Norm, so besides being a bouncy, big breasted woman (but in your case we'll make an exception :mrgreen: ), we keep these moving at a pace of about 10 rounds+ per day, give or take. I track and facilitate the draft along with the help of a couple of the veterans now and then, but the understanding is that everyone tracks the draft closely throughout the day, and if they will be tied up, delayed, away for a while, or whatever, it's communicated in chat and/or to me so we all know what's up. If someone needs a text when their pick comes up, they can let me know if they are going to be away from their computer or unable to be tracking via their mobile device. Auto and Auto One are used liberally from time to time in order to not hold things up, so building a nice queue is encouraged, though this isn't usually as prevalent until the later rounds. All owners need to get me their cell numbers for text purposes only during each person's respective hours of operation whatever they may be. We all agree on a stopping point at some point in the evening/early a.m., and resume things the next day. Some days are "faster" than others, but overall, we usually average no more than five days to bang out one of these bad boys. So when your pick comes up, you make it as quickly as you can, and you'll probably be getting a text if you're on the clock more than 15 minutes. These are just some rough guidelines, but you get then idea. Trust me, once you do one of these, it will be your preferred draft champions format for years to come. Thanks and hope to have you on board! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Now 9 Spots Left! The updated list is below. Let's fill this thing ASAP for a Sunday launch! 8-)

1.Mike Massotto
2.Marc Perlmutter
3.Dan Setlock
4.Leonard Ringle
5.Jeff Tudor
6.Darren Wasney

The Duker

Post by The Duker » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Gotta try it once.
I am in.
Is it done through the NFBC site?
Norm 'Duke' Kent

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:57 pm

The Duker wrote:Gotta try it once.
I am in.
Mikey will send the list of names to Greg/Tom when completed.
They'll sign everybody up.
KDS will need to be set after notification that the draft will start the next day.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:58 pm

You'll love it.
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:20 pm

I am in.
Yup, and welcome aboard, Norm. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Now 8 Spots Left! Who else wants in, because Norm just told me you all suck compared to him. :lol:

1.Mike Massotto
2.Marc Perlmutter
3.Dan Setlock
4.Leonard Ringle
5.Jeff Tudor
6.Darren Wasney
7.Norm Kent

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:28 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Norm
$150
Most picks are made within minutes, even seconds.
Leave a text number. If a pick has not been made within 10-20 minutes, you will receive a text.
Your pick is expected then. If not, a reason is given and a pick should come soon after that reason.
Sometimes, we'll KNOW we can't make a pick within a reasonable time. Let everybody know.
They'll understand unless it becomes consistent.

We draft at night till somebody says he is going to bed. That drafter putting his 'auto1' on.
This way, everybody knows when the draft will stop for the night.
Mike, Dan and Duke: You probably still need to clarify things a bit. Based on the above summary, it looks like the cost is $150, but the thread indicates earlier that this is a $400 league.

It's amazing I got past the bouncy things to notice this. (What the hell is wrong with me? No, don't start.)

I'm taking a bit of a breather from fast drafts this week but, as Mike and Dan state, you should love it. The pace is great. Because folks are paying attention and usually around the draft room, the chats tend to be more entertaining. Most importantly, there are hardly any long delays, and certainly no delays without communication of some kind.

Needless to say, I'll be jumping back into a fast draft in the not-too-distant future. Enjoy.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:35 pm

The chat is the best, for the reasons Mike gave.
No doubt about it.

I believe Mikey was recruited to make the $400 DC a go.
They made it on their own though, thanks to Jim's Hypnotoad!
$150 is the price. (Unless Mikey tells me I'm full of S...) :D
On my tombstone-

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:49 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:The chat is the best, for the reasons Mike gave.
No doubt about it.

Thanks, Dan. Hope I didn't confuse things. I may have gotten distracted by a picture or two. (I prefer Mike's hypno-whatevers.). Carry on.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:27 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:The chat is the best, for the reasons Mike gave.
No doubt about it.

Thanks, Dan. Hope I didn't confuse things. I may have gotten distracted by a picture or two. (I prefer Mike's hypno-whatevers.). Carry on.

Mike
Amazing what the power of hypnotism in all its wonderful forms will do. And one last time, this is a $150 price point league.

COZ

Post by COZ » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:30 am

I am in.
The draft is done via the NFBC site. The verbal abuse, threats, & ball-busting is done via text mesage courtesy of MtM. All inclusive in your one-time entry fee. ;)

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:37 pm

What the hell....I'm in
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby