future auction thread

mdecav

Re: future auction thread

Post by mdecav » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:03 am

The "+1 bid" button reacts too quickly; last year was better. There were a couple of times last night when a guy would go for, say, 8, I would want him at 9 but no higher but then someone else right before me steps in and bids 9 and as I click I get 10 when I never would have taken him at 10.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:04 am

All the more reason to do LIVE AUCTIONS! Excited for my first time in NYC this year. :D

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:06 am

Bjs2025 wrote:All the more reason to do LIVE AUCTIONS! Excited for my first time in NYC this year. :D
nothing beats live event auction....which one you doing in nyc?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 am

mdecav wrote:The "+1 bid" button reacts too quickly; last year was better. There were a couple of times last night when a guy would go for, say, 8, I would want him at 9 but no higher but then someone else right before me steps in and bids 9 and as I click I get 10 when I never would have taken him at 10.
YES and it IS different this year in that the button is NOT +1 - if the bid is at say 5 the blue button below says "Bid 6" BUT if someone else has bid six before you push the button (or your push is registered) then your bid will be for 7 not six. You can avoid that by putting 6 in the blank spot and then hitting bid BUT if someone else has bid you now get the balloon that says you haven't bid enough and you have to close that and then go back and erase your 6 and enter a new bid - so both choices are flawed

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:14 am

back to the future auctions I am going to repeat my request for doing on Saturday - even better if it could be during the day

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 am

Captain Hook wrote:back to the future auctions I am going to repeat my request for doing on Saturday - even better if it could be during the day
We will get one of those in soon

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:01 am

76erfan wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:All the more reason to do LIVE AUCTIONS! Excited for my first time in NYC this year. :D
nothing beats live event auction....which one you doing in nyc?
Shooting for the auction championship at 5pm on Thursday. Arent you in all of them?

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:14 am

Yup just didn't see ya on signups that's why I asked

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
mdecav wrote:The "+1 bid" button reacts too quickly; last year was better. There were a couple of times last night when a guy would go for, say, 8, I would want him at 9 but no higher but then someone else right before me steps in and bids 9 and as I click I get 10 when I never would have taken him at 10.
YES and it IS different this year in that the button is NOT +1 - if the bid is at say 5 the blue button below says "Bid 6" BUT if someone else has bid six before you push the button (or your push is registered) then your bid will be for 7 not six. You can avoid that by putting 6 in the blank spot and then hitting bid BUT if someone else has bid you now get the balloon that says you haven't bid enough and you have to close that and then go back and erase your 6 and enter a new bid - so both choices are flawed
I actually thought this function was improved. This year, if you bid simultaneously, your bid is cancelled. Last year, I had way more problems with being a split second late and then throwing a higher bid than intended. This was really bad if you were edged by someone who decided to jump the bid by five bucks.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Captain Hook wrote:
I actually thought this function was improved. This year, if you bid simultaneously, your bid is cancelled. Last year, I had way more problems with being a split second late and then throwing a higher bid than intended. This was really bad if you were edged by someone who decided to jump the bid by five bucks.
I disagree on the cancellation of simultaneous bids - at least Friday night your bid would get pushed higher if there were other bids "registered" first when you bid +1 amount

vegetariansoul

Post by vegetariansoul » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:57 am

More auctions with faab please ;-)

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:05 am

vegetariansoul wrote:More auctions with faab please ;-)
I agree, just wouldn't want to do them until March. Preferably 15 team mixed with FAAB but would also do mono leagues.