12 Team Super Event

Money

12 Team Super Event

Post by Money » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Once upon a time the NFBC had a high stakes format for the 12 team game. That day has passed as this consumer demographic has destroyed that game at the high stakes level. Make no mistake about it, this is a 15 team community and there is nothing wrong with that. It does not mean that a 12 team high stakes event cannot take place.

The NFBC had to do something as they were not attracting enough players to the primetime event, thank God it hung on for one last season! Those that endorsed and pushed the consolidation of the high stakes Primetime with the online championship are not supporting that concept either. They will simply buy another main event team, that is their prerogative.

There is one alternative and that is the 12 TEAM SUPER EVENT. It is currently scheduled in Vegas on Friday, April 1st at 8:00 PDT. I'm sure that this can be online as well and can be scheduled for another date or time of the participants choosing. The first 12 team super was in 2013, here is a list of the players in that event.

Jeff Dobies
Tom Zarogiannos
Chad Schroeder
Glenn Lowy
Shane Schroeder
Gaetan Lavioe
Mathew Sheppard
Steve Jupinka
Don Johnson
Gino Yu
Bob Particelli

Quite a list of names that have gone on to great things in the NFBC / NFFC. There was one other but he was only able to manage 27 points total in this concept so I couldn't see how that would help make my point.

While this group will not be in attendance this year there is no reason that that the 12 team high stakes concept has to die. Sign up for the 12 TEAM SUPER or e mail Greg and let him know that you're interested. This will likely not go anywhere but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Joe