Glenn Schroter & Nick Cassavetes on SiriusXM

Greg Ambrosius

Glenn Schroter & Nick Cassavetes on SiriusXM

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:25 am

I know I should have done this yesterday BEFORE our STATS Fantasy Advantage show on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, but if you have OnDemand please check out last night's show. We had defending Main Event champion Glenn Schroter on at 10:15 pm ET and he did a great job talking about joining the elite fraternity of past NFBC champions. It finally hit him how special winning the Main Event really was when we brought him up on the stage of the Bellagio and he looked out into the crowd and saw everyone who wanted to do exactly what he did last year. It was a great segment.

Then we brought on Nick Cassavetes at 10:30 pm ET and that may have been one of the most interesting interviews we've ever had on SiriusXM. Nick talked about his love of baseball and how the sport brought him and his dad, the great John Cassavetes, together even though they were never very close. But each Sunday they would each pick a couple of players and compete against each other in their own fantasy league and then compare scores two weeks later when The Sporting News would come out!! They were using stats like doubles and triples and the only box scores that had those were in The Sporting News. But to hear Nick talk about how fantasy baseball 50 years ago brought him and his father closer was really something special.

That's Nick talking about playing fantasy baseball one-on-one with the great John Cassavetes. Pretty cool story by Nick. It was a great, great segment.

Tom and I didn't have a lot of energy before the show, but those guys picked us up for sure. Thanks everyone and good luck going forward. We'll make sure to get more of our special players on the show going forward because this really is a great forum to highlight our top players. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius