nItE NiTe thread

Chest Rockwell

Re: nItE NiTe thread

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Blake Swihart welcome to the club. There goes my 280 7-8 sb on most of my teams.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Chest Rockwell wrote:Blake Swihart welcome to the club. There goes my 280 7-8 sb on most of my teams.
What may be the silver lining for Swihart owners is that they're going to have him play OF as well as catcher in AAA. When he's back up you may get more ABs from your catcher position than you had expected.

Until he collides with another player and becomes Schwarber 2.0

Update: collisions are the theme for 2016 like Rookies were the theme of 2015 and Tommy John was the theme for 2014.
Kiermayer & Forsythe??? Biting my nails hoping they're both ok.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Donacion

Post by Donacion » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Adam Wainwright turn out the lights. I bought into his arm wasn't affected.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Donacion wrote:Adam Wainwright turn out the lights. I bought into his arm wasn't affected.
not looking good

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:48 pm

I will say first that I'm a Cards fan but it is laughable the prices all Cardinals went for in auctions this year. Wainwright, Wacha, Carlos, Grichuk, Piscotty. I personally love all of them but own none because of the hype on the younger guys. I also think some people actually bumped Waino up because of his call into a radio show which is pretty funny.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:I will say first that I'm a Cards fan but it is laughable the prices all Cardinals went for in auctions this year. Wainwright, Wacha, Carlos, Grichuk, Piscotty. I personally love all of them but own none because of the hype on the younger guys. I also think some people actually bumped Waino up because of his call into a radio show which is pretty funny.
I saw reaching in some leagues for most of those guys, but Wainwright looked like a bargain.

Good offense, good bullpen, ERA in the 2's and WHIP below 1.10 for three consecutive years, pitches deep into games. K-rate isn't super high, but that's still a low-end ace. He was coming off a non-arm injury ... so what exactly did you see that said "overvalued", aside from hindsight of his first few starts?

lrr

Post by lrr » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:37 pm

AROD looks finished and they're batting him third.

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Mr. Gekko,

Did the Mets bring Harvey back from TJS too early last year?

dwhite349

Post by dwhite349 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:39 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:I will say first that I'm a Cards fan but it is laughable the prices all Cardinals went for in auctions this year. Wainwright, Wacha, Carlos, Grichuk, Piscotty. I personally love all of them but own none because of the hype on the younger guys. I also think some people actually bumped Waino up because of his call into a radio show which is pretty funny.
I saw reaching in some leagues for most of those guys, but Wainwright looked like a bargain.

Good offense, good bullpen, ERA in the 2's and WHIP below 1.10 for three consecutive years, pitches deep into games. K-rate isn't super high, but that's still a low-end ace. He was coming off a non-arm injury ... so what exactly did you see that said "overvalued", aside from hindsight of his first few starts?
Maybe Diaz will stick. Seems like a guy that is fighting to stay in the lineup.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:13 pm

California Aces wrote:Mr. Gekko,

I don't think so. Although the Mets may think so and put the breaks on Wheeler a bit more. I'm just glad harvey had his meltdown the afternoon of the main event weekend one. I was all set to take him in the second round when, "my mechanics were off and it was awkward".

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Would you make a trade receiving him and Eickoff for Lester in a trade?

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Gekko wrote:
California Aces wrote:Mr. Gekko,

I don't think so. Although the Mets may think so and put the breaks on Wheeler a bit more. I'm just glad harvey had his meltdown the afternoon of the main event weekend one. I was all set to take him in the second round when, "my mechanics were off and it was awkward".
I think Harvey will be just fine. He actually has pitched better than perceived in his 3 losses. But, I will say what I said at the drafts, he is the 3rd best pitcher on the Mets. You will not see him on any of my teams. If there is an overrated pitcher in the major leagues, this coming from a crazy Mets fan, it is Matt Harvey.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:04 pm

California Aces wrote:Would you make a trade receiving him and Eickoff for Lester in a trade?
Hard to say. I don't do trading leagues. I'm much higher on eickhoff than anyone else (which is why I have him everywhere). I'd try and trade some lesser guy for eickhoff

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:18 pm

California Aces wrote:Would you make a trade receiving him and Eickoff for Lester in a trade?
It would take me a few milliseconds to accept that deal.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:40 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
It would take me a few milliseconds to accept that deal.
That long? Yeah that's not a fair deal at all I'd jump all over it.

Wolfpac

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:02 pm

I'll side with Lester...something doesn't seem right with Harvey and who knows what you have in Eickoff.

Rainiers

Post by Rainiers » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:17 pm

poor baby needed a day, so tired after a couple of weeks. It's easy to see why he is so discouraged. His bedtime Story became a nightmare as he started hearing footsteps from down on the farm.

Sophomore stats over the last week... .well let's just say his batting average matches his slugging percentage- .118 . And he is being caught stealing 50% of the time. Looks like he'll hit like Everth Cabrera without the speed...

The kid knocking down the door at AA... Batting .389, slugging 1.182, walking more than he striking out and he already has 4 HRs, 20 R/RBIs.

He better turn it around and quick. The stros are under a lot of pressure to win this year..
- Robert