HOW CAN THIS GUY LOSE WITH 68 TEAMS

TRAIN

HOW CAN THIS GUY LOSE WITH 68 TEAMS

Post by TRAIN » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:45 am

I was just looking at the Rotowire Online Championship overall standings. One owner has 8 teams in the top 20 and 68 teams overall in that contest. Even though time will tell, I would say his odds for winning are pretty good. (Imagine the time he will have to spend doing FAAB.)

He also has a lot of teams in other contests:

Rotowire Online Championship = 68 TEAMS

Cutline Championship = 27 TEAMS

Draft Championship = 35 TEAMS

Main Event = 6 TEAMS

Atlas

Re: HOW CAN THIS GUY LOSE WITH 68 TEAMS

Post by Atlas » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:49 am

That's a lot of entry fees.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Atlas wrote:That's a lot of entry fees.
And FAAB X 101 this week.

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:13 pm

Minus the 27 Cutline teams, he would also have to submit 109 starting lineups each Monday and check 109 teams for Hitter changes each Friday.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Will likely give up on some teams in the coming weeks

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:50 pm

I guess if your retired and want to spend your days on FAAB instead of Judge Judy then he is winning

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Gb2715 wrote:I guess if your retired and want to spend your days on FAAB instead of Judge Judy then he is winning
it's super super early but he's in first in my main event league right now

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:06 pm

I don't know why anyone spends even one second looking at standings. F'n meaningless. They only thing it does at this point is waste your time and add more stress to your plate. I would recommend taking a peak around June or so

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
Gb2715 wrote:I guess if your retired and want to spend your days on FAAB instead of Judge Judy then he is winning
it's super super early but he's in first in my main event league right now
We are 6 days in not sure you should base your standings on 5 games?

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Hope he didn't have Schwarber on all 68 teams. LOL

Gates

Post by Gates » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:13 pm

That's Eric...you're doomed...don't waste any time on that team. ;)
Funny,
I quickly checked 15 teams or so, not once he has Schwarber. And he seems to have picked up about all other Catchers except him...and it's not like he doesn't want to pick catchers earlier, he has Posey on one team at least...Magic!!!!

Gates
Go ahead, make my day...

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Gekko wrote:Will likely give up on some teams in the coming weeks
If you're just playing for the overall prize, this is likely a reasonable strategy. I could never do it, though. A number of years ago, I had a team that was dead last by the end of May. By the end of August, I had them in first place. I wound up getting edged out for first at the end of the year, but I was proud that didn't quit and was able to turn things around. Had that been one of 136 teams, I would have cut bait.

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:49 pm

I guess if your retired and want to spend your days on FAAB instead of Judge Judy then he is winning

I was thinking the same friggen thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jody ryan

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:40 pm

TRAIN wrote:
Main Event = 6 TEAMS
The Main Event is still the Main Event.....but it's not the same.

I understand the economics of multiple weekends and the online option for Greg and the NFBC when it comes to the ME, but it has in my mind degraded the event. I know I not alone in this thought.
There have been several posts on the MB over the past month lamenting multiple entries. I know in Chicago we had a couple of casual conversations about multiple entries.

I know it won't happen, but for the me I would like to go back to one owner-one team (Yes, I know that might not have exactly been the case in every instance as there were some "proxy" owners in the old days)

I would gladly have the Overall prize reduced back to 100K and cap the event at 300 separate owners.

And this is not to criticize owners of multiple teams, they are doing what they are afforded the opportunity of doing, I'm just stating my personal preference as to what I think the Main Event should be.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:13 pm

That's over 400 hours sitting at the computer doing drafts. And that's not including the DCs.

Guess someone is retired and has a lot of free time. Not a bad life :D
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:05 am

Navel Lint wrote:
TRAIN wrote:
Main Event = 6 TEAMS

I understand the economics of multiple weekends and the online option for Greg and the NFBC when it comes to the ME, but it has in my mind degraded the event. I know I not alone in this thought.
There have been several posts on the MB over the past month lamenting multiple entries. I know in Chicago we had a couple of casual conversations about multiple entries.

I know it won't happen, but for the me I would like to go back to one owner-one team (Yes, I know that might not have exactly been the case in every instance as there were some "proxy" owners in the old days)

I would gladly have the Overall prize reduced back to 100K and cap the event at 300 separate owners.

And this is not to criticize owners of multiple teams, they are doing what they are afforded the opportunity of doing, I'm just stating my personal preference as to what I think the Main Event should be.
I don't agree with one owner per team, but would agree to something that is more like a max of three teams. As I've seen with one of my auction teams, having Pollock and Schwarber on one squad pretty much ruins your season.

fozzie

Post by fozzie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:25 pm

TRAIN wrote:He also has a lot of teams in other contests:

Rotowire Online Championship = 68 TEAMS
Or, to put it another way, he has a team in 50% of the Online leagues.

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Power to him. I am envious. Nice life !!!

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:56 pm

TOXIC ASSETS wrote:Hope he didn't have Schwarber on all 68 teams. LOL
Only one team can win the overall so one team is all you need.
My one DC team has Schwarber so I'll be taking zeros at one of the catcher slots until Gary Sanchez comes up.

Has anyone ever won an overall after having taken zeros at one of the hitter slots for half the season or longer?

:( :(
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

whale4evr

Post by whale4evr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Applying DFS strategy for season long contests maybe?

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:38 pm

In my main event, he won the top 3 players and now has 30 FAAB dollars left. He might be trying to really go after the overall title perhaps and focus on the teams, that will give him best shot.?

Philly High Hopes

Post by Philly High Hopes » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:05 pm

I agree with Russel that with the Main Event, being the signature event, owners should be limited to one team. For the Online Championship, Draft Championship, etc... if you want to draft 100+ teams, then have at it. I'm going to take a look at it, but I'm curious if you take out multiple teams from the Main Event, how far does it drop from 450 teams. You'd of course have the challenge of monitoring proxy owners, especially with the online Main Events.

Dak

Post by Dak » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Navel Lint wrote:
TRAIN wrote:
Main Event = 6 TEAMS

This is why many do not do the Main any longer. Too many owners trying to buy the championship. Priced better fantasy players out of the market.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Just imagine the torture yesterday of FA for 27 cutline teams. 3 was bad enough.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Dak wrote:
Navel Lint wrote:
TRAIN wrote:
Main Event = 6 TEAMS

This is why many do not do the Main any longer. Too many owners trying to buy the championship. Priced better fantasy players out of the market.
Here's how it breaks down for 2016:

Principal owners with 6 teams: 1

Principal owners with 5 teams: 2

Principal owners with 4 teams: 4

Principal owners with 3 teams: 24

Principal owners with 2 teams: 49

Principal owners with 1 team: 248

Roughly 325 unique principal owners in the NFBC this year
Last edited by King of Queens on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.