Lineup Decisions

DOUGHBOYS

Lineup Decisions

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:27 pm

I thought I'd start this thread for those of us making tough decisions on lineups....

I am being forced (by myself)to bench one of the hottest hitters in baseball on some of my teams.
Nick Markakis faces the Dodgers in three games. Wood/Stripling/Kershaw
Two lefties and a righty unseen has me looking at other options.
I could bite myself on the ass here (gymnastical)

And even though the mighty Cubs could not hit Rockies pitching, I'm betting the Reds will.
So Adam Duvall who seems to be on the cusp of figuring out pitching at this level is a favorite to play.

What about you?
Tough decisions?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Donacion

Re: Lineup Decisions

Post by Donacion » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:40 pm

Another one cropped up LaMehiu out with a groin strain which even if he plays Tues and Wed big if on Tues they have an off day Thursday. I have Javier Baez on bench Cubs have 4 games so I'm starting Baez betting he gets 2 starts and maybe Pinch hitting duty. Cubs get 2 lefties in there so I'm hoping for 7-10 AB's out of Baez.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Contemplating dropping my draft day regret of Kolten Wong. He'll probably sit against the lefty tomorrow.

Could start Diaz while he's still hot although chances are he could sit one of the 3.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:01 pm

mattjb wrote:Contemplating dropping my draft day regret of Kolten Wong. He'll probably sit against the lefty tomorrow.

Could start Diaz while he's still hot although chances are he could sit one of the 3.
Gotta love Mike Matheny. Surprised Wong's bunt attempts aren't higher this year.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:
mattjb wrote:Contemplating dropping my draft day regret of Kolten Wong. He'll probably sit against the lefty tomorrow.

Gotta love Mike Matheny. Surprised Wong's bunt attempts aren't higher this year.
Gone with Diaz. You're welcome other Wong owners.

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:01 pm

I have both Julio Teheran and Tony Watson on two different teams.
I originally had Teheran in my starting lineup for both teams as he was scheduled to make two starts this week. However, before lineups locked, Julio was backed up one day in the rotation, giving him just one start.

On one team I took Julio out and put Watson in, the other team I left Julio in.

All other things being equal (standings/team needs/ etc), do people usually go all-in with one guy (start in every lineup), or do people like to hedge like I did?????

The worst part about hedging, no matter what happens, the best I can do is be half right :evil:
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:08 pm

Navel Lint wrote:I have both Julio Teheran and Tony Watson on two different teams.
I originally had Teheran in my starting lineup for both teams as he was scheduled to make two starts this week. However, before lineups locked, Julio was backed up one day in the rotation, giving him just one start.

All other things being equal (standings/team needs/ etc), do people usually go all-in with one guy (start in every lineup), or do people like to hedge like I did?????

The worst part about hedging, no matter what happens, the best I can do is be half right :evil:

I hedge especially with my 6th or 7th starters especially early in the year. S Greene was one of those this week that was a tough call for me. Of course, on my main event team, I played him. Those 2- start wks are so difficult to pass up even with a difficult matchup (or two).
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Angel Pagan is making setting line-ups interesting. Dude has been raking from the 9 hole. Crazy.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Navel Lint wrote:I have both Julio Teheran and Tony Watson on two different teams.

Hedging sucks.
I took Rajai Davis out of my starting lineup so I could put in the four start Eaton for the Mon-Thurs stretch.

Today Rajai hit his first and maybe only HR of the season. Three RBI lost to hedging as well.
I'm kicking myself.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:18 pm

I just made an interesting choice, I just chose to start Hamilton this weekend over Paulsen and Soler.

Wolfpac