Catchers

Donacion

Catchers

Post by Donacion » Tue May 03, 2016 2:41 pm

I was listening to Sirius fantasy channel and one of the hosts drafted Mesaraco at the expense of Conforto or Story I believe he said he had his choice. Last year my first in NFBC I panicked and tried to chase catchers bad decision. This year my strategy was to basically not worry too much about catcher, i did end up with Conforto and Story. Story could crash but Conforto looks tremendous. I figured whatever extra counting stats I lost could be gained back or more by taking high ceiling guys. For the seasoned guys out there what strategies did you use for catchers. I'm barely paying attention to the position. In 3 leagues the only catcher I have that has done anything is Yadier Molina and I got him late.

Sebadiah23

Re: Catchers

Post by Sebadiah23 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Wed May 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Donacion wrote:I was listening to Sirius fantasy channel and one of the hosts drafted Mesaraco at the expense of Conforto or Story I believe he said he had his choice. Last year my first in NFBC I panicked and tried to chase catchers bad decision. This year my strategy was to basically not worry too much about catcher, i did end up with Conforto and Story. Story could crash but Conforto looks tremendous. I figured whatever extra counting stats I lost could be gained back or more by taking high ceiling guys. For the seasoned guys out there what strategies did you use for catchers. I'm barely paying attention to the position. In 3 leagues the only catcher I have that has done anything is Yadier Molina and I got him late.
Ok, guess I'll ask...Sooooooo, how are you doing in those three leagues?

Donacion

Post by Donacion » Wed May 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Not very well that is why I asked the question. Other than Molina I'm getting nothing. All I was asking was if any one else gave up on catchers are they having any success. I'll answer my own question save the space I should draft better.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Wed May 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Donacion wrote:Not very well that is why I asked the question. Other than Molina I'm getting nothing. All I was asking was if any one else gave up on catchers are they having any success. I'll answer my own question save the space I should draft better.
I don't think catchers as a whole are doing much, but I don't like to "punt" the position. I generally like to get three good starters and then the backups to two of them. The league I'm doing my best in (2nd place) in DC, I have Cervelli and Realmuto.

Then in Cutline, I decided to go early on C that have multiple positions (Posey and Schawarber), then I added Chrinos and thought I was set at C! :? Somehow I'm hanging on to 2nd place, can't help but think how much better I'd be with Schawarber.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed May 04, 2016 7:23 pm

CATCHER
Vote for ONE player in each league

Avila, A | CWS
Castro, J | HOU
Chirinos, R | TEX
Conger, H | TB
Gomes, Y | CLE
Iannetta, C | SEA
Martin, R | TOR
McCann, B | NYY
McCann, J | DET
Perez, C | LAA
Perez, S | KC
Suzuki, K | MIN
Swihart, B | BOS
Vogt, S | OAK
Wieters, M | BAL
Castillo, W | ARI
Cervelli, F | PIT
d'Arnaud, T | NYM
Grandal, Y | LA
Hundley, N | COL

Lucroy, J | MIL
Mesoraco, D | CIN
Molina, Y | STL
Montero, M | CHC
Norris, D | SD
Pierzynski, A | ATL
Posey, B | SF
Ramos, W | WSH
Realmuto, J | MIA
Ruiz, C | PHI

8 of the 30 All-Star nominees have spent time on the DL this season, and 1 is presently in the minors.

A rough year, for sure.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Thu May 05, 2016 9:09 am

... And that list doesn't include Schwarber.