May 17th Gameday Thread

brian4state

May 17th Gameday Thread

Post by brian4state » Tue May 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Ready to end this work day and enjoy a night of MLB!

COZ

Re: May 17th Gameday Thread

Post by COZ » Tue May 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Firing Fredi Gonzalez really seems to have lit a fire under the Braves. (rolls eyes) Kinda sad to see what's become of the Braves these days.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue May 17, 2016 6:03 pm

COZ wrote:Firing Fredi Gonzalez really seems to have lit a fire under the Braves. (rolls eyes) Kinda sad to see what's become of the Braves these days.
Things could be worse. Look at the Reds the last few days.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Donacion

Post by Donacion » Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:
COZ wrote:Firing Fredi Gonzalez really seems to have lit a fire under the Braves. (rolls eyes) Kinda sad to see what's become of the Braves these days.
Things could be worse. Look at the Reds the last few days.

Mike
No wonder Reds manager left Simon in so long the bullpen walked 7 batters in 2/3 of an inning. National league has some horrific teams.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue May 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Keuchel looking Keuchelish for the 1st time all year.

brian4state

Post by brian4state » Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 pm

KJ Duke wrote:Keuchel looking Keuchelish for the 1st time all year.
Finally

brian4state

Post by brian4state » Tue May 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Glad to Syndergaard having another good night. Of course, I wish Greinke could do the same later tonight.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue May 17, 2016 7:41 pm

brian4state wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:Keuchel looking Keuchelish for the 1st time all year.
Finally
Well, until now ... with 2 out a couple deep doubles that nonetheless could've been caught and a couple of light singles and the stat line is looking like more of the same 2016 keuchel. :evil:

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Mad Bum looking like Mad Bum finally.

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 pm

Krush Davis. Walk-off GS and 3 HRs. 41 pt. day in Cutline.
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed May 18, 2016 6:08 am

Le Grand Orange wrote:Krush Davis. Walk-off GS and 3 HRs. 41 pt. day in Cutline.
Nice. Loved it. Would have loved it more if I didn't have Hamels on the same team. ;)
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed May 18, 2016 6:17 am

Wait until next year...or maybe the year after.... 8-)

Fredi had to go. Not a sacrificial lamb either. You may have a patch-work team, but certainly other teams are in similar situations. Phillies are certainly patchwork and they seem to be playing with a little fire. Braves look sloppy, screwing up the basics and that is a reflection on Fredi.

Glad to see they gave Brian Snitker a chance to keep the seat warm, even if there is no chance he is more than an interim option. He has been with the organization forever and deserves to sit in the big chair for a while. Hell, the Braves even half-way almost made a game of it after being down 9-0 after two. Bet Melancon owners were not expecting to get a save opportunity.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

brian4state

Post by brian4state » Wed May 18, 2016 6:38 am

I've seen both Albies and Swanson play at Double A Mississippi and both are legit MLB players. However, I assume Swanson moves to 2B?

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed May 18, 2016 8:15 am

brian4state wrote:I've seen both Albies and Swanson play at Double A Mississippi and both are legit MLB players. However, I assume Swanson moves to 2B?
Actually what I hear/read is Albies is probably moving to second. I expect both to be at AAA together soon (at least at some point in 2016) and that will probably tell us. Swanson also probably sticks in the majors first/sooner based on age (Albies is still only 19) and experience (Swanson had two full seasons at Vandy before being drafted).
Charles Krauthammer

brian4state

Post by brian4state » Wed May 18, 2016 9:50 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
brian4state wrote:I've seen both Albies and Swanson play at Double A Mississippi and both are legit MLB players. However, I assume Swanson moves to 2B?
Actually what I hear/read is Albies is probably moving to second. I expect both to be at AAA together soon (at least at some point in 2016) and that will probably tell us. Swanson also probably sticks in the majors first/sooner based on age (Albies is still only 19) and experience (Swanson had two full seasons at Vandy before being drafted).
I agree on Swanson sticking sooner. However, Albies held his own in Double A. As I said, I saw him play several times. However, I'll be first to admit,I haven't kept up with him as much since his call up to AAA.