Howie Kendrick

Ando

Howie Kendrick

Post by Ando » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:49 am

I believe he played his 10th game at 3B yesterday. It does not show him as 3B eligible today. Can someone @ STATS please check on this? Thanks.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Tom Kessenich

Re: Howie Kendrick

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:11 pm

This will be fixed. Sorry for the delay.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Tom, Wilmer Flores (3B - 10 games) too?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Seriously. This is not automated?!? What happens if an nfbc participant doesn't notice it?

Are there players in the Faab pool right now that are missing position eligibilities??

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Flores has been updated and we're tracking all this.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Gekko wrote:Seriously. This is not automated?!? What happens if an nfbc participant doesn't notice it?

Are there players in the Faab pool right now that are missing position eligibilities??
This is getting out of control. Can't get percentages right or games played right. This coming on the heels of a significant scoring issue in the cut line. At this point, it's hard to trust STATS IT. I hope you, Greg and Tom, are as upset and frustrated with this as the players are/should be. They are making you two look bad. I feel for the guys in the cut line with optimal scoring. Completely dependent on programming being flawless...where STATS IT has failed the most. I mean percentages and games played/eligibility are basic things that any intern should be able to do. I hope you outsourced the coding for the optimal scoring.

swampass

Post by swampass » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:53 pm

while on the subject. i have never been able to understand why STATS is bothering to count LF, RF, and CF games played (or appeared at) as opposed to just OF games played. Are there NFBC leagues where this info is important? I just picked up Paredes this week and while seeing where he stands on games played I was once again reminded of this annoying issue. He has 2 LF games and 4 RF games... so I am going to assume that equals 6 games at OF?

thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:40 pm

swampass wrote:while on the subject. i have never been able to understand why STATS is bothering to count LF, RF, and CF games played (or appeared at) as opposed to just OF games played. Are there NFBC leagues where this info is important? I just picked up Paredes this week and while seeing where he stands on games played I was once again reminded of this annoying issue. He has 2 LF games and 4 RF games... so I am going to assume that equals 6 games at OF?

thanks to anyone who can help me out.
Just to muddy the waters some more, this is how math plays into position eligibility:

Check the MLB page of Joey Gallo. In 2015 I was hoping for him to get OF eligibility and watching very closely. In the game he started in CF he later moved to LF. The next day STATS of course showed one for each and since the total of both put him at 10, he was eligible at 3B and OF after playing only 9 games in OF.
GalloMLB15.jpg
GalloMLB15.jpg (18.26 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
It wasn't an issue at the time for most NFBC'ers but leading up to this season there was a lot of debate over the games played for Kris Bryant who had 19 games in OF (not eligible) but the STATS showed 8 LF 7 CF 7 RF which totals 22 and gave him eligibility. Enough people pointed out the discrepancy that they changed it for Bryant but didn't go so far as to change the algorithm that sums up the three outfield positions to determine OF eligibility.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

steveymer

Post by steveymer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:07 pm

TParsons wrote:
This is getting out of control. Can't get percentages right or games played right. This coming on the heels of a significant scoring issue in the cut line. At this point, it's hard to trust STATS IT. I hope you, Greg and Tom, are as upset and frustrated with this as the players are/should be. They are making you two look bad. I feel for the guys in the cut line with optimal scoring. Completely dependent on programming being flawless...where STATS IT has failed the most. I mean percentages and games played/eligibility are basic things that any intern should be able to do. I hope you outsourced the coding for the optimal scoring.
^

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:14 am

David Freese now has 11 games at 1B, still NOT showing as eligible there.

edit: FIXED NOW
Last edited by KJ Duke on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:44 am

to be clear- counting outfield positions is goofy- but a guy can play 2 OF positions in the same game. those would only equal 1 OF for our purposes. it does confuse things though.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:06 pm

headhunters wrote:to be clear- counting outfield positions is goofy- but a guy can play 2 OF positions in the same game. those would only equal 1 OF for our purposes. it does confuse things though.
I agree that's how it should work. But the STATS math is CF+RF+LF=OF

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Likewhat17

Post by Likewhat17 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:49 am

Evan Gattis playing his 10th game at catcher today. Just wanted to give an early notice to make sure he's available at his new desired position for the weekend slate 8-)

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Likewhat17 wrote:Evan Gattis playing his 10th game at catcher today. Just wanted to give an early notice to make sure he's available at his new desired position for the weekend slate 8-)

IT will have this complete at 6:40 p.m. EST tomorrow.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:10 am

Gekko wrote:Seriously. This is not automated?!? What happens if an nfbc participant doesn't notice it?

Guys, sorry that I've been out of touch this week. I decided to kick off the summer early with the kids and took a vacation to Wisconsin Dells earlier this week. Had to do a few days of waterslides and tourist things before the summer got too deep.

As for the eligibility issues on Monday, this was our fault for not communicating what was going to happen with Cutline FAAB on Monday. I wasn't completely sure how we were going to deal with the Cutline this second time around and should have posted what was going on before leaving on vacation. That's on me for not giving a heads up beforehand.

We shut off Cutline features on Monday night to run FAAB and then manually had to turn FAAB back on for Cutline on Monday morning. The position eligibility was affected on Monday during that shutdown and didn't update until later that day. We need to figure a better workaround for the Monday Cutline FAAB deadline, but this was the best solution with just one FAAB left in the Cutline season.

Again, we should have had all of this in front of us beforehand and posted it last week here. We didn't do that and that's on us.

Position eligibility is always automated and updates the day after the player gains a new position eligibility.

Good luck all and sorry for the confusion earlier this week.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Good to know to that it is in fact automated ... it did always seem that way in the past.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:13 pm

KJ Duke wrote:Good to know to that it is in fact automated ... it did always seem that way in the past.
Automation still means that should Dustin Pedroia start in CF tonight, move to LF in the 3rd inning and then RF in the 6th inning, he would show up as having 3 games OF tomorrow when he started today with zero.

That should get fixed, right?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:Good to know to that it is in fact automated ... it did always seem that way in the past.
Automation still means that should Dustin Pedroia start in CF tonight, move to LF in the 3rd inning and then RF in the 6th inning, he would show up as having 3 games OF tomorrow when he started today with zero.

If that's how they run it, yes that should definitely get on the agenda. As has been mentioned many times in the past we don't need lf/rf/cf designations.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:46 pm

I sorta like it as is.
When a player moves around the infield, he gets credit for each position played.
I know for our purposes that OF is OF, but going from right field to left field is as tough for some as going from 1st base to 3rd base for others.

Any which way, this should not be changed during mid-season as it could favor some who have reached positionality in OF and not others who want the same for their teams.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:40 am

Deadheadz wrote:

No that's not how it works.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius