Success favors the bold

Deadheadz

Success favors the bold

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:25 pm

I wanted to call this thread "Blunders in team management" but why be so negative?

Is it too early in the season to be kicking yourself for making a bad decision in your weekly lineup? To me it feels like my season is in jeopardy after leaving Pirates SP Taillon on the bench this week.

Sure, the fantasy experts alerted us to keep an eye on the Pirates news feeds and starting lineups because it looked like the Bucs phenom pitcher would again get the call after Gerrit Cole's status was uncertain and likely to miss at least one turn if not put on the disabled list.

Yes, I've got excuses coming out the yin yang about why I left Taillon on the bench. I didn't want to risk taking a zero if it was someone else who got the call. I didn't think missing one start would make much of a difference since Cole's spot wasn't til Thursday. All I had to do was watch Twitter, Rotoworld and Baseball Press to let me know if I should activate him.

Then my workday became a nightmare. No breaks, no lunch, no time to even look at a phone or check the net.

Wait, what? Taillon is a TWO START PITCHER this week?
FML

No one cares, of course. In fact, there are 14 guys in two of my leagues who care a lot since it means I'll lose ground on them for one week anyway.

What I'm wanting is to hear some of YOUR stories about blunders which cost you dearly in fantasy. I can't be alone in pulling a roto goof.

Did you drop a player in FAAB only to have him turn MVP immediately? Are you the guy who left a player active for weeks because you didn't spot the news that he was demoted? Do you play matchups with a pitcher and have him benched for every win and active for every loss?

Sharing is caring.
Tell us your sob story.
crybaby.jpg
crybaby.jpg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Atlas

Re: Success favors the bold

Post by Atlas » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Wanted to load up on Yankees in Coors for first half of the week...so of course I'm stupid enough to put in their DH.
:oops:
Dope.

And Marvin Upton homers on my bench.

jvetter

Post by jvetter » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Zack Cozart in my lineup - 169 AB: 0.237 / 23 / 6 / 17 / 1
Zack Cozart on my bench -- 43 AB: 0.442 / 11 / 3 / 8 / 0

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Atlas wrote:Wanted to load up on Yankees in Coors for first half of the week...so of course I'm stupid enough to put in their DH.
:oops:
Dope.

And Marvin Upton homers on my bench.
Story and Parra stayed on my bench despite the Coors starts. Two games in four days goes against roto doctrine when you have players with more potential AB. Almost lost both of them in the collision too.

Bad Karma?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:53 am

Auction league, Wilmer Flores, Adonis Garcia, Carlos "Two-Game" Gomez on my bench last night combined for a .467 BA with four runs, a homer, and six RBI's....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer