Good news not political or baseball related

Rog

Good news not political or baseball related

Post by Rog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:48 am

Many of you have been along for the journey. I still recall being in the later rounds of the premature draft and the very beginning of the 50 round email draft when we found out that our 6 year old daughter had a brain tumor Juvenile pilocytic astrocytoma (JPA for short). That was Oct. 26th 2012 .The many of you had become instant supporters ,acquaintances and friends. You all have been there along our side for most of this journey. The Martin family says THANK YOU. Three surgeriers later and this is where we are.
We just had Mia's M.R.I.'s and the doctors and oncologists couldnt of been any happier with the results. Simply incredible . She has her next set of tests in 6 months (which is amazing as it has been every 3 then 4 then 5 months and now 6. After that it becomes evey year. Short term goals that have become such large goals.
Now onto the 2nd half of baseball season (and the beginning of football prep for me).
Thanks again

Rog

Edwards Kings

Re: Good news not political or baseball related

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:58 am

Man that is just FANTASTIC! It made my day and I can only imagine how you, your wife, Mia and the rest of your family must feel. Congratulations.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:17 am

Roger and I were both acquaintances when this happened during the PreMature Draft.
Since then, we have become as good of buddies as two can be when separated by 2,500 miles.
Good things happen from bad things and being friends with Roger and his wonderful family is certainly a good thing.

You know what can bring 15 men to their knees?
A little girl.
It was awesome to see the strength and support received from the men in that league to this little girl and her family.
I believe that in some way, somehow, that it had a miniscule part in Mia's recovery.

Mia's lucky to have such a strong family base.
We did not sleep at the hospital or face agonizing hours waiting for an update on Mia's welfare.
That was done by Mia's Mom and Pop.
The heavy lifting was done by the parents.
We just wanted them to know that they weren't alone.
Mia's a lucky girl, indeed, in so many ways.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:28 pm

ummm, this is GREAT news rog! thank you for sharing.

we don't spend any time in vegas, but i enjoy seeing you because that means things at home are going well with you.

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Great news. Happy to be a small part of the league wide support for this amazing girl. It was great to meet you in Vegas and hopefully many more happy years to come!! Mia for president !!!

Bigperl

Post by Bigperl » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Great news indeed, and a wonderful way to start the second half of the season! Thanks for sharing.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Ditto. Very happy to read the great news and am very happy for your entire family. Although this only is my second year in the Mia League, it probably is my favorite DC league. Great fun watching the You Tube clips of Mia picking the draft order.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

RobG

Post by RobG » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Roger,

This is honestly the best news I have heard all day. I just know these months and years will turn to decades and decades. Not only is she an inspiration, but you have truly been one of the nicest people to talk to when I am in Vegas, so it just shows that she is filled with love and support.
Rob Giese

Cobb

Post by Cobb » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:18 am

Awesome news Roger, so happy for Mia and the entire Martin family. Congrats!!
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:23 am

Roger,

This is great great news! News like this makes me smile. Onward and upward Mia!
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks for sharing, Rog. Great news on Miss Mia!
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:16 am

I haven't checked the board much recently, so I'm glad I saw this wonderful news before it left the first page. Mia is an amazing little girl. Thanks for the update, Rog.