Cutline Playoff Thread

Rainiers

Cutline Playoff Thread

Post by Rainiers » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:48 am

Some random thoughts....

I love the creative team names you all come up with. But "Bromelia Famiglia" has to be my all-time favorite. And with the roster Gino has put together, that has to be one happy family. The way they are playing they could be leading the whole shebang soon.

This is my first time in a playoff format. It seems to be all about what have you done for me lately. I had an ugly-duckling team that's blooming into a beautiful swan. And several former-favorites that I now want to boot out of the house.

I was so smart that I sought to purge Jedd Gryko from all my rosters. Fortunately, I was dumb enough to overlook doing that on one team. Unbelievable performance so far this week ... 81 points..5 dingers...batting over .500...15 Rbi and runs. Oh yeah, the team he is on is my ugly-duckling team.

I'm totally bummed out I don't own Mark Trumbo or Ian Desmond anywhere. How the hell did that happen? On the other hand, up until a couple weeks ago, I felt the same way about Clayton Kershaw.

The live-overall stats are cool. To nitpick just a little, I miss the daily +/- points alongside the leader board. Also, at this stage of the game, I wonder if points ahead/behind the cutline isn't more important than listing points behind the leader. And am I the only one, when reading the standings on my IPhone, who can't read the point totals?

It seems there is a strong correlation between the number of injuries on a roster and how well the team is doing... For me, here's hoping Felix Hernandez, Matt Cain, David Perhalta, Carlos Rodon, etc. get it going soon. Good luck everyone and may your guys get healthy too...
- Robert