New Draft Spot Proposal!

Tree Huggers

New Draft Spot Proposal!

Post by Tree Huggers » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 am

While KDS seems like a good idea, I never seem to get anywhere near where I entered as my preference. So, how about we scrap that completely and go to a whole new system based on sucking. See, the idea is that if someone (like me) can prove they've never won a plug nickel in a NFBC league (which I haven't) and is freely willing to admit they suck at this (like I do), they get some sort of preferred status on the ol' draft spot ladder. None of the good players would dare elect this option and, well, nature would just take its course. Oh, and fear not, people (like me) will still lose, but they'll lose with one good player and a bunch of overrated stiffs. See how well this works? WHO'S WITH ME?!? WOOOOO!!!

KJ Duke

Re: New Draft Spot Proposal!

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Tree Huggers wrote:While KDS seems like a good idea, I never seem to get anywhere near where I entered as my preference.
Try entering your preferences in reverse order; when you're nowhere near them next time, as always, you'll have beaten the system.

Tree Huggers

Post by Tree Huggers » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:35 pm

See, I KNEW someone would be willing to spitball this with me. Will do. And thanks.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:54 pm

This was the first year I got the #1 draft position in a DC.
Sometimes even a blind squirrel gets a nut.

Let's see, I've entered about 14-15 drafts in the past few years and got the #1 spot once. That's what, about 1 for 15?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

uky

Post by uky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:18 pm

You can win from any draft slot, I tend to go "str8 butta". It beats the aggravation of being disappointed.
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

ChipChopChip

Post by ChipChopChip » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:41 pm

I suggest you do an Auction this year. You will have a shot at every player

Tree Huggers

Post by Tree Huggers » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:57 pm

That's a good suggestion, but it would not really cure my sucking. Mostly, I was trying to be light-hearted about my fate. As with most people on here, if I go full-on whine mode, you'll know it!

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Tree Huggers wrote:That's a good suggestion, but it would not really cure my sucking. Mostly, I was trying to be light-hearted about my fate. As with most people on here, if I go full-on whine mode, you'll know it!
Should change your name to Tree Suckers. :)

I like KJ's suggestion of setting the KDS to reverse of what you want, I just may try that. lol

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:25 am

It worked really well for George Costanza
Go ahead, make my day...

converge241

Post by converge241 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:01 am

Not a ton of insight for your issue but knock on wood its always worked close enough to what I want,

Would say spend some more time really looking at each spot and the exact order? When I say that I mean I'm sure you DO put thought into it and all just trying to throw anything can think of.

I like what someone else said just leave as is and what it gives you it gives you.

Most years I just look at how many people I really feel are the top of the draft and would be happy with and try to rank the last spot highest and let others make the decision for me (aka if I REALLY like 4 players, I rank 4 the highest). If its a year where say I really like 1 player at the top, and I don't like going for #1, I rank the middle higher to get a steady flow of picks.

The other thing to keep in mind is I am sure there are many ties, and then its just a coin flip