Mixed LABR Draft on Sirius XM Tonight (2/13)

ToddZ

Mixed LABR Draft on Sirius XM Tonight (2/13)

Post by ToddZ » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:17 am

Coverage starts 8 PM ET. Jim Bowden will join Glenn and Rick for a special Monday night Colton and the Wolfman on SiriusXM Fantasy.

2017 LABR Mixed draft order

1. Alan Harrison/Brett Talley, TheFantasyFix.com
2. Jeff Erickson, Rotowire
3. Jake Ciely, RotoExperts
4. Ray Murphy, Baseball HQ
5. Stephania Bell, ESPN.com
6. Steve Gardner, USA TODAY Sports
7. *Scott Pianowski, Yahoo Sports
8. Fred Zinkie, MLB.com
9. *Dr. Roto, Scout Fantasy
10. Jason Collette/Paul Sporer, Fangraphs' Sleeper & the Bust podcast
11. Howard Bender, Fantasy Alarm
12. **Todd Zola, Mastersball
13. Bret Sayre, Baseball Prospectus
14. Mike Podhorzer, Fangraphs
15. Rudy Gamble, Razzball

* - new in 2017
** - defending champion

The draft results will be available live at http://www.rtsports.com/labr-mixed-draft
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Mixed LABR Draft on Sirius XM Tonight (2/13)

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 am

Congrats on winning this title last year Todd and good luck tonight. I'm looking forward to watching the results. Should be an interesting draft.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Not even three rounds in and I'm already wishing I could be in a 15-team Main Event with these "experts" for real money. Geez! :roll:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Not even three rounds in and I'm already wishing I could be in a 15-team Main Event with these "experts" for real money. Geez! :roll:
Agreed! Who's your favorite team so far? I like Podhorzer 6 rounds in

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:Not even three rounds in and I'm already wishing I could be in a 15-team Main Event with these "experts" for real money. Geez! :roll:
Agreed! Who's your favorite team so far? I like Podhorzer 6 rounds in
Yeah, his was a beaut. But Stephania Bell should have her LABR drafting card revoked. What an absolute joke of a team. She was drafting guys that don't have regular jobs who are going 15-20 rounds later than where they are being selected in even the worst of NFBC DC drafts. I mean, c'mon! It's an insult to the true experts and to even the most average player on here. :oops:

And you can tell just by looking at these teams who the experts are who draft in the NFBC Main Event. They at least pretend like there is skin in the game and play it accordingly. Most of the rest of these guys would get destroyed in "real life" if big money was on the line.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:03 am

I like Todd's and Pod's teams the most. What do you guys think of Jim Bowden as a fantasy analyst?
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:53 am

I liked so many teams' starts like Jeff Erickson taking Kershaw but then dislike the Story and Darvish picks where they're at. I thought Steve Gardner had a solid start but he waited so long for pitching. I agree with Pod and Todd looking most solid but literally every team did things I really disliked which is why they're them and I'm me I guess.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:15 am

Le Grand Orange wrote:I like Todd's and Pod's teams the most. What do you guys think of Jim Bowden as a fantasy analyst?
Bowden is an interesting analyst. I like the fact that he isn't afraid to say what he thinks. I don't think it is an easy transition to be an effective fantasy analyst. He lacks the experience of playing these contests. Last night Erickson took Kershaw second. For Bowden.....this was just the biggest mistake ever while the rest of us are probably thinking that there are lots of ways to construct a team and let's see how Jeff pieces this together. I would rather see Bowden used in a role where he gives the listeners tidbits that he picks up from the other GMs. That's where he is most effective I think. One thing is for sure - Bowden doesn't like Villar or Blackmon much!

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:19 am

A lot of love for Pod's team, but that pitching staff is very shaky, IMO. McCullers and Harvey are his 2-3 and they're both major health risks. Pineda and Walker are wildly inconsistent and I don't think the desert air will do Taijuan any favors. Four closers who might not be the main guy on their team for the majority of the season if at all.

Dat Bum

Post by Dat Bum » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:36 am

Bjs2025 wrote:I liked so many teams' starts like Jeff Erickson taking Kershaw but then dislike the Story and Darvish picks where they're at. I thought Steve Gardner had a solid start but he waited so long for pitching. I agree with Pod and Todd looking most solid but literally every team did things I really disliked which is why they're them and I'm me I guess.
Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but could you explain why you dislike the Darvish pick? He has an avg pick of 36 through 55 completed slow drafts and a max pick of 56. He went at 59 overall in this LABR draft. Seems like solid value to me. Maybe you just don't like Darvish. Or perhaps you just didn't like him as a pairing with Kershaw?

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Dat Bum wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:I liked so many teams' starts like Jeff Erickson taking Kershaw but then dislike the Story and Darvish picks where they're at. I thought Steve Gardner had a solid start but he waited so long for pitching. I agree with Pod and Todd looking most solid but literally every team did things I really disliked which is why they're them and I'm me I guess.
Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but could you explain why you dislike the Darvish pick? He has an avg pick of 36 through 55 completed slow drafts and a max pick of 56. He went at 59 overall in this LABR draft. Seems like solid value to me. Maybe you just don't like Darvish. Or perhaps you just didn't like him as a pairing with Kershaw?
Oh wow I must have misread where he went, I'd still like better value an that though.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Yah Mule wrote:A lot of love for Pod's team, but that pitching staff is very shaky, IMO. McCullers and Harvey are his 2-3 and they're both major health risks. Pineda and Walker are wildly inconsistent and I don't think the desert air will do Taijuan any favors. Four closers who might not be the main guy on their team for the majority of the season if at all.
Pod's team is one of the weakest pitching staffs.

The best team is the FantasyFix team that went first. Only weakness is SBs. Took a few too many pitchers in the reserve rounds.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 pm

mdecav wrote:

The best team is the FantasyFix team that went first. Only weakness is SBs. Took a few too many pitchers in the reserve rounds.
Keep in mind Mixed LABR has trades while most of us at NFBC are in a non-trade frame of mind.
The LABR mixed constitution is available here:
http://www.rtsports.com/baseball/htm/ru ... tution.pdf
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 pm

mdecav wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:A lot of love for Pod's team, but that pitching staff is very shaky, IMO. McCullers and Harvey are his 2-3 and they're both major health risks. Pineda and Walker are wildly inconsistent and I don't think the desert air will do Taijuan any favors. Four closers who might not be the main guy on their team for the majority of the season if at all.

I would take a Trout/Syndergaard/Sale start without complaints.