Best Spot to Draft from 2017

Bjs2025

Best Spot to Draft from 2017

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:13 am

So I know there was some discussion about this the other day and I made a video on the topic. I think there is a definitive answer as to where to draft from and I outlined it in this video. Like and subscribe if you wish

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AXhf_6jgBeI

Gekko

Re: Best Spot to Draft from 2017

Post by Gekko » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:50 am

If you sign up for the NYC auction, you can assure yourself of getting him. I won't offer any resistance and the league title (and prize money) will be yours.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:03 am

Gekko wrote:If you sign up for the NYC auction, you can assure yourself of getting him. I won't offer any resistance and the league title (and prize money) will be yours.
I wouldn't own Kersh in an auction

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:04 am

Bjs2025 wrote:
Gekko wrote:If you sign up for the NYC auction, you can assure yourself of getting him. I won't offer any resistance and the league title (and prize money) will be yours.

If you believe he is THAT much better than any other player, wouldn't he be worth the extra dollars at an auction?

Does your strategy at an auction supercede your commitment to a player's talent?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:

If you believe he is THAT much better than any other player, wouldn't he be worth the extra dollars at an auction?

Does your strategy at an auction supercede your commitment to a player's talent?
While he would be a huge bargain even getting him at $40 the auction spread of dollars for my pitching would be so impacted by spending $40 on Kershaw that I wouldn't like the make up of the rest of my staff. There's definitely a way to do it I just don't prefer doing it that way. Now that I am starting to realize to not spend on closers however, I might amend that strategy

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:17 am

I am using your videos to supplement my limited knowledge of fantasy baseball. These videos aren't open to "amending", are they?

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 am

Lately, with viable first round talent spilling down to the early 20's, I think drafting 10-15 has never been more advantageous. I would still rather pick top five, but I think I prefer the end to the middle this year.

I always go a straight 1-12 in OLC leagues.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Some of the interest in drafting near the bottom of the draft is positional.
There are six shortstops and five 1B being taken in the first two rounds. Then, except for Daniel Murphy, who is mostly sought out as a 2B, there are no 1B or shortstops drafted till Wil Myers late in the fourth or early in the fifth round.
A natural tier, if you will.
If drafting at the top of the draft, you miss out on the premier players at those positions.

Using ADP and a preference for Kershaw at the top, it is close ...

Kershaw/Cano

or

Bumgarner/Blackmon

Some would prefer the latter, some the former.
On my tombstone-

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Are you signed up for 2017?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:16 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Are you signed up for 2017?
Main Event? No
On my tombstone-

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:17 pm

The original poster? Didn't see the name on sign up list. Or am I missing it?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:19 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:The original poster? Didn't see the name on sign up list. Or am I missing it?
I believe he said in another video that he probably wasn't this year.
On my tombstone-

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:22 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Are you signed up for 2017?
No I'm not planning on doing a main event league, I'm in 5 $250 satellites

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:05 am

I'm asking this online, so I understand it may seem like I'm being a jerk (you can hear my tone). I promise you that I am not being a jerk . . . or at least . . . it is not my intent to be a jerk. However, don't you lose some credibility doing these videos while not participating in, at least, one high stakes event?

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:36 am

Hey Brian! So you seem to be getting some love with these videos at least in terms of the number of hits you are getting. Possibly others will follow suit and try it themselves. But your main audience seems to be the NFBC owners and the NFBC style drafts. Yet you aren't participating in the premiere event in the country. Please consider coming for one draft ... and then you can comment on all the auctions and provide your analysis in an upcoming video. One thing I do feel strongly about is the cursing. Keep the energy but get rid of the vulgarity. No one will take you seriously. You seem like a fun loving guy so keep at it. You have a pretty good "stage presence" if you will. Good luck!
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:51 am

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:I'm asking this online, so I understand it may seem like I'm being a jerk (you can hear my tone). I promise you that I am not being a jerk . . . or at least . . . it is not my intent to be a jerk. However, don't you lose some credibility doing these videos while not participating in, at least, one high stakes event?
I participated in the auction championship in New York last year. I don't have the capital to get into multiple high stakes leagues and this is the only way I would do it. I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket. I would rather mitigate risk which I talk about in some of my other videos and spread it around. I am trying to win money. If you don't believe I am credible that is fine but I will post my results from this year. I also don't really believe that just because it is the main event that that is superior Competition. I think it is people have more money. I was in NYC for the auction championship league last year and was projected to easily win the league then had four players vastly underperform. I finished in fourth place and could've done better with FAAB which I also talked about in my other videos.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 am

davetniagarafalls wrote:Hey Brian! So you seem to be getting some love with these videos at least in terms of the number of hits you are getting. Possibly others will follow suit and try it themselves. But your main audience seems to be the NFBC owners and the NFBC style drafts. Yet you aren't participating in the premiere event in the country. Please consider coming for one draft ... and then you can comment on all the auctions and provide your analysis in an upcoming video. One thing I do feel strongly about is the cursing. Keep the energy but get rid of the vulgarity. No one will take you seriously. You seem like a fun loving guy so keep at it. You have a pretty good "stage presence" if you will. Good luck!
Good feedback on cursing. Weird that I occasionally do it because I cringe when I listen to podcasts that almost feel like they need to work it in. Sometimes I do it to stress a point.

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:15 am

Bjs2025 wrote:
rickerbockerNFBC wrote:I'm asking this online, so I understand it may seem like I'm being a jerk (you can hear my tone). I promise you that I am not being a jerk . . . or at least . . . it is not my intent to be a jerk. However, don't you lose some credibility doing these videos while not participating in, at least, one high stakes event?
I participated in the auction championship in New York last year. I don't have the capital to get into multiple high stakes leagues and this is the only way I would do it. I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket. I would rather mitigate risk which I talk about in some of my other videos and spread it around. I am trying to win money. If you don't believe I am credible that is fine but I will post my results from this year. I also don't really believe that just because it is the main event that that is superior Competition. I think it is people have more money. I was in NYC for the auction championship league last year and was projected to easily win the league then had four players vastly underperform. I finished in fourth place and could've done better with FAAB which I also talked about in my other videos.
Congratulations on your projected win at least, quite an honor. Don't give up on 2016, could be in the future one of the three teams that finished ahead of you tests positive for PED's and you move up onto the podium.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 am

Teufel Hunden wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:
Congratulations on your projected win at least, quite an honor. Don't give up on 2016, could be in the future one of the three teams that finished ahead of you tests positive for PED's and you move up onto the podium.
There is something called variability. It means that even though a team or group might statistically be superior to the rest of the group it still doesn't always come out on top. I have stated in my videos that I am interested in making money which is why I diversify with multiple leagues. There was a team called the Chicago Cubs last year that on paper and statistically was better than every team in baseball and they damn near lost. To an inferior Indians team. Variability.

I played fantasy football on a competitor site this past season and had a nine leagues. The league setting I played only rewarded the top place. I won five out of nine leagues. That is a 55% win rate. I outright won the majority of the leagues I played in. Now tell me why if I am interested in making money I would take all the money I put into those leagues and get in one league Regardless of the level of competition. Stupid move.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 am

davetniagarafalls wrote:Hey Brian! So you seem to be getting some love with these videos at least in terms of the number of hits you are getting. Possibly others will follow suit and try it themselves. But your main audience seems to be the NFBC owners and the NFBC style drafts. Yet you aren't participating in the premiere event in the country. Please consider coming for one draft ... and then you can comment on all the auctions and provide your analysis in an upcoming video. One thing I do feel strongly about is the cursing. Keep the energy but get rid of the vulgarity. No one will take you seriously. You seem like a fun loving guy so keep at it. You have a pretty good "stage presence" if you will. Good luck!
I have thoughts on this but I'd rather respond in the YouTube comments. I don't want to pollute the message boards here as if I'm superior so fire away on YouTube.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:29 am

Teufel Hunden wrote:
Congratulations on your projected win at least, quite an honor.
Thanks for the morning belly laugh!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:50 am

If you can win 55% of your leagues and make a good Amount of money, nothing wrong with that. The rub is when you want to win lots of money, realistically, there's only one way to get that done. Take the jump from A, AA, AAA to the bigs.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:06 am

Gekko wrote:If you can win 55% of your leagues and make a good Amount of money, nothing wrong with that. The rub is when you want to win lots of money, realistically, there's only one way to get that done. Take the jump from A, AA, AAA to the bigs.
im not so sure what the "big leagues" are. Instead of trying to make me play your game, why don't you get into any one of the following $250 satellites this year:

March 13th
March 19th
March 25th
March 28th
April 1st 1pm

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 am

Nothing wrong with those satellites; however I don't have any more time on my schedule to handle additional FAAB leagues. This year.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:22 am

The selfish part of me wants Brian to give up one of the 250 satellite for a 250ish online auction:)
Last edited by 76erfan on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.