Come At Me Bro

Bjs2025

Come At Me Bro

Post by Bjs2025 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:46 pm

If you think you can beat me (doubt it, LOL) watch this video 8-)

https://youtu.be/N0u7y2M9mto

Ando

Re: Come At Me Bro

Post by Ando » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:51 pm

RotoBoy? Too bland.
First thought to me was SatelliteBoy. :lol:

I do like you stepping out and making these. I make a point to watch. Appreciate it that you take the time to post them.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Ando wrote:RotoBoy? Too bland.

I do like you stepping out and making these. I make a point to watch. Appreciate it that you take the time to post them.
:mrgreen: I like this guy. I also think SatelliteBoy has a better ring to it. Almost wants to make me waste some FAAB time in a small satellite. Almost.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:50 pm

RotoBro
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:17 am

KJ Duke wrote:
Ando wrote:RotoBoy? Too bland.

:mrgreen: I like this guy. I also think SatelliteBoy has a better ring to it. Almost wants to make me waste some FAAB time in a small satellite. Almost.

Multiple satellites are great if you don't have the disposable income that some of the big boys have here. Good competition, good payout.

Berry created the Talented Mr Roto many years ago. Gotta agree with Ando and Duke here... got to spruce up the nickname. No brainer :D
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:51 am

No doubt, Rich. There are some very, very good players in the satellites and other lower-priced NFBC games. But the odds of having a few weak spots in those leagues are higher, I think that's the main difference as you move up the payscale.

Oh, and RotoBro is also an excellent and very fitting name. Good one, RotoDough! :D

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:32 am

Two questions I have with the satellite approach:

1) I assume since you bother making the videos that you want to create an audience and generate income from that eventually? So, while the multiple low dollar satellites might seem like smart money management, it seems myopic when your long-term goal is increased visibility.
2) I have yet to see an answer as why you are not doing 1-2 of the low dollar online auctions in place of satellites. Since the buy in/payout/general structure are all the same, I am left assuming that getting slapped around at the live auction last year left you doubting your ability to compete in that format?

I think "Brojected Champion" has some real marketing potential.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:37 am

Teufel Hunden wrote:Two questions I have with the satellite approach:

1) I assume since you bother making the videos that you want to create an audience and generate income from that eventually? So, while the multiple low dollar satellites might seem like smart money management, it seems myopic when your long-term goal is increased visibility.
2) I have yet to see an answer as why you are not doing 1-2 of the low dollar online auctions in place of satellites. Since the buy in/payout/general structure are all the same, I am left assuming that getting slapped around at the live auction last year left you doubting your ability to compete in that format?

Slapped around? I left with the best looking team and finished 4th in the league, hardly slapped around. I'll be straight up, I like to do things linearly and easily. The auctions aren't listed anywhere but the message board and I want to be in 5 exact leagues that are officially advertised in hopes they fill. I also like drafting the last week or 2 of March. I also used to do exclusively auctions because I thought that was the only way to get far more value than every other team until I realized a snake draft can accomplish the same thing. I'm currently dominating a slow draft on a different site and prefer snake drafts now.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:46 am

if i create an online auction with you in it..it will fill. Regardless of the start of the league...we are filling them (10 so far) and they pay the same as satelites because they are satelites.

id run a 250 faab on a day that works for you and promote the heck out of it.

Not trying to put you on spot bro....but I love the idea.

The 'Come at me Bro' online auction. A surefire ratings hit!

Keep up the good work on the videos

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:05 am

76erfan wrote:if i create an online auction with you in it..it will fill. Regardless of the start of the league...we are filling them (10 so far) and they pay the same as satelites because they are satelites.

id run a 250 faab on a day that works for you and promote the heck out of it.

Not trying to put you on spot bro....but I love the idea.

The 'Come at me Bro' online auction. A surefire ratings hit!

Keep up the good work on the videos
This is happening

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:12 am

since RotoBro is currently dominating a slow draft on a different site, why not make this a 250 DC auction? if it was a DC, i'd join. RotoBro would find out quickly the difference between minor leagues and major leagues. :twisted:

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 am

Bjs2025 wrote:
Teufel Hunden wrote:Two questions I have with the satellite approach:

Slapped around? I left with the best looking team and finished 4th in the league, hardly slapped around. I'll be straight up, I like to do things linearly and easily. The auctions aren't listed anywhere but the message board and I want to be in 5 exact leagues that are officially advertised in hopes they fill. I also like drafting the last week or 2 of March. I also used to do exclusively auctions because I thought that was the only way to get far more value than every other team until I realized a snake draft can accomplish the same thing. I'm currently dominating a slow draft on a different site and prefer snake drafts now.
So to recap: You used to think you were very good at auction and that format optimized your obvious advantage. You spent a large portion of your bankroll on a live auction. Got slapped around with the projected champion roster. Now you believe snake drafts are the way to go and are avoiding auctions at all cost. Now I think I understand :?

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:14 am

ill run whatever roto bro wants format wise.....but if dc it has to happen asap.

im running a 125 dc next sunday...it gets tricky running dcs later than that.

pretty sure he wants 250 faab and we discussing dates now

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:17 am

76erfan wrote:ill run whatever roto bro wants format wise.....but if dc it has to happen asap.

im running a 125 dc next sunday...it gets tricky running dcs later than that.

pretty sure he wants 250 faab and we discussing dates now
Yea I'm only interested in FAAB, I don't even do DC.

Money

Post by Money » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:04 am

These video's are fricking fun. While I don't always agree with the content, I do look forward to seeing them. A great way to break up the monotony of fantasy baseball research and player rankings. This shit isn't rocket science as some would want you to believe. Believing in yourself is as important in this game as anything else. When you start to doubt yourself you can pack up the bags and go home.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:08 am

Brian,

You're relatively new to the NFBC. We are seasoned vets for the most part. Your videos are amusing and you do have a certain quality and likeability that is enjoyable.
That said, it is doubtful that you will goad many of us to playing in leagues that we haven't planned for. You will get some of the 'What the Hell, I can do another league' though, so good luck with that.

There is one thing that stands out in your videos. You are really into winning the off-season game. We have two games in one here. The drafting season and the in-season.
The drafting season does not pay out cash. Winning the drafting season and losing the in-season is for suckers.
You are having a hard time separating the two.
McCutchen and Posey were drafting season winners.
In-season losers.
And sure, through your own software and such, you had a winning draft.
We all do.
Right now, you say you are 'dominating' a draft on another site.
To us, we think two things.
1. You are competing against inferior competition.
2. Again, you are winning the draft season.

I despise the word 'value'. It is used liberally during the drafting season. It is as if every player has been assigned a price tag.
This, despite the fact that our game thrives on how differently we price each player.
Let me ask you a question...
If you 'value' Buster Posey as a third round pick, and adp 'values' him as a fourth round pick, and your favorite podcaster 'values' him as a fifth rounder, and your favorite 'expert' 'values him as a sixth rounder....
WHAT IS POSEY'S 'VALUE' ?
All four rounds that are suggested as 'value' for Posey, only opinion.
Hopefully, you answered that Posey's 'value' was third round since that is where you place him yourself. It should be the only 'value' we see when drafting.
This is also why you should feel like your 'dominating' a draft. After all, you 'value' your players more than others.
Just remember that value is never realized till the season begins.

Until then, it is only a tuna fish sandwich made before school for lunchtime.
At lunch, we envision that sandwich looking the same as when we made it (performs as expected) or even better (overperforms).
But,it could also be that while we were learning in the classroom, it may have dropped on the floor and got stepped on by a bully or prankster(injured). Or the inside of the sandwich may have have soaked the bread leaving it soggy (underperforms).
No matter how good your team looks to you before the season, it's just a made sandwich we'll eat later.
Even though we think we have made that sandwich just right (drafting season), stuff happens (In-season)
You can say that your sandwich was the best ever made (your drafted team) , but if it doesn't taste good (cashes), nomatter how well it was made, nobody will care.

And yes, this post is tunague in cheek.
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:14 am

I finally actually watched a couple of these videos, and here a couple of quickies in terms of advice for you, Brian:

1. Stop trying to be me in these videos, or I may be forced to jump on here (much to everyone's chagrin) and start doing the impersonation of me the correct way. :lol:

2. I'll "come at you bro" but first you gotta put a few bucks from the winnings of all these drafts you've been dominating in over the years into a new barber and a wardrobe upgrade to at least a clean tee-shirt for starters. :mrgreen: :P

And if you like doing these, just keep at it. Don't let me discourage you. I have been known to be a tad opinionated and critical of people on here over the years, but it's all done out of love. ;)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

morons

Post by morons » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:43 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote: Just remember that value is never realized till the season begins.
Actually, "value" is not realized until the end of the season

The terms "value", "price", and "cost" do not have the same meanings

Gates

Post by Gates » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 am

It would be pretty cool if everybody here who answers back and comment about the video, would do it by video. I'd surely watched all of them, especially those from Dough, Wayne and MTM...Would be quite entertaining... :lol:

Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:46 am

Gates wrote:It would be pretty cool if everybody here who answers back and comment about the video, would do it by video. I'd surely watched all of them, especially those from Dough, Wayne and MTM...Would be quite entertaining... :lol:

Gaëtan
And you've answered why I'll keep doing these, because no one else will.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:33 am

morons wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote: Just remember that value is never realized till the season begins.
Actually, "value" is not realized until the end of the season

The terms "value", "price", and "cost" do not have the same meanings
You get it! Thank you!

And you're right, it is only when the season begins that we START to see realized value.
Until then, there really is none at all. Only products bought at different prices.
I feel like making a tuna sandwich now.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 am

Gates wrote:It would be pretty cool if everybody here who answers back and comment about the video, would do it by video. I'd surely watched all of them, especially those from Dough, Wayne and MTM...Would be quite entertaining... :lol:

Gaëtan
You know what you got, Gaetan?
You got spunk!....
I HATE SPUNK!!
Sorry, my best Lou Grant.
We have enough grumpy old men on film. Me? Nah!
You're right though, Mikey or Wayne doing a video would be priceless.
That would be entertainment!

With Mikey, It may go like this.....

"HI Losers!
This is Mike Massotto and I'm here to talk about..."

(Quizzical look on Mikey's face)

(He pulls his shirt off to reveal a quivering muscle near his six-pack)

"Excuse me a moment"

(Sits down and does 25 sit ups)

"Sorry, one of my babies needed instant attention"
"Anyway....whey...Oh, whey! I've got to fix my protein drink!

(Opening cabinets and refrigerator, getting ingredients together for his concoction)

"Dammit!
"Where's the kale!" "Hey, all you losers out there, EAT YOUR KALE!"

(Finds kale and puts it in his blender)

(We only hear the sound of the blender as Mikey is talking)

"........And that is why I will kick all your asses on draft day."

(Takes a big swig of his drink)

"Breakfast of Champions, you losers! See you next time for more!"
On my tombstone-

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:59 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Brian,

You're relatively new to the NFBC. We are seasoned vets for the most part. Your videos are amusing and you do have a certain quality and likeability that is enjoyable.
That said, it is doubtful that you will goad many of us to playing in leagues that we haven't planned for. You will get some of the 'What the Hell, I can do another league' though, so good luck with that.

There is one thing that stands out in your videos. You are really into winning the off-season game. We have two games in one here. The drafting season and the in-season.
The drafting season does not pay out cash. Winning the drafting season and losing the in-season is for suckers.
You are having a hard time separating the two.
McCutchen and Posey were drafting season winners.
In-season losers.
And sure, through your own software and such, you had a winning draft.
We all do.
Right now, you say you are 'dominating' a draft on another site.
To us, we think two things.
1. You are competing against inferior competition.
2. Again, you are winning the draft season.

I despise the word 'value'. It is used liberally during the drafting season. It is as if every player has been assigned a price tag.
This, despite the fact that our game thrives on how differently we price each player.
Let me ask you a question...
If you 'value' Buster Posey as a third round pick, and adp 'values' him as a fourth round pick, and your favorite podcaster 'values' him as a fifth rounder, and your favorite 'expert' 'values him as a sixth rounder....
WHAT IS POSEY'S 'VALUE' ?
All four rounds that are suggested as 'value' for Posey, only opinion.
Hopefully, you answered that Posey's 'value' was third round since that is where you place him yourself. It should be the only 'value' we see when drafting.
This is also why you should feel like your 'dominating' a draft. After all, you 'value' your players more than others.
Just remember that value is never realized till the season begins.

Until then, it is only a tuna fish sandwich made before school for lunchtime.
At lunch, we envision that sandwich looking the same as when we made it (performs as expected) or even better (overperforms).
But,it could also be that while we were learning in the classroom, it may have dropped on the floor and got stepped on by a bully or prankster(injured). Or the inside of the sandwich may have have soaked the bread leaving it soggy (underperforms).
No matter how good your team looks to you before the season, it's just a made sandwich we'll eat later.
Even though we think we have made that sandwich just right (drafting season), stuff happens (In-season)
You can say that your sandwich was the best ever made (your drafted team) , but if it doesn't taste good (cashes), nomatter how well it was made, nobody will care.

And yes, this post is tunague in cheek.
Weird, Doughboys made a food analogy...
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:01 am

Joe Sambito wrote:Weird, Doughboys made a food analogy...
Food is knowledge, Andrew. :)
On my tombstone-